Pedia Birthday Giveaway - eShop, Steam, Mobile, GameStop, etc

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the last day of submission?
^
Cuz i'm on vacation and the quality of my work will depend on if i use a mobile drawing app + my fat, unprecise finger or paper and pencil >.>
I really want to enter but I won't have wifi over the weekend, can I still submit my entry on Tuesday or Wednesday?
@PersonSP You can.

I may stop accepting entries after 7-14 days (to give people enough time to think up good ideas and have their drawings ready). If some people need more time, I may add some more time.
Can moderators participate? Because I like the contest's idea, and I'd like to give it a try.
Staff can participate, :singing:
marc can i make the counsel on lbp? I'm not good at drawing. I could take screen shots of it from the game is that ok?
What's lbp? I think it's best if you try drawing it or making it with a graphic design program.

Reactions: T-Player Guy and D4rkDragon
@PersonSP You can.

I may stop accepting entries after 7-14 days (to give people enough time to think up good ideas and have their drawings ready). If some people need more time, I may add some more time.

Staff can participate, :singing:

What's lbp? I think it's best if you try drawing it or making it with a graphic design program.
lbp is 3.2d game where you can make your own levels and creations

lbp is 3.2d game where you can make your own levels and creations
Eh, try your best with pencil and paper or a graphic design program ;~;

Welp, time to get sketching!

So we have to come up with an idea for what we think the NX can do, draw a sketch of it, and come up with a name for it? ....Well, shoot, everything sounded great, until you said name. :hilarious: I guess I can give it a shot. \o/

Reactions: Marc
I need to look into more info on the nx before I participate

Would we lose points for drawing features Nintendo has said the NX would not have? For example, if I drew the NX as a VR console.

Looks like fun, I may want to partake. What time will submission end? (Also: Can I chose any of the following prizes myself?)

Mmmm... I already have a name, and a rough idea of how it'd work. I'd better get to conceptual stuff.

I dunno now... There's consistency behind a lot of these claims. Should we really draw a console that'll no doubt be released a year from now? This may be 3DSpedia, but drawing the NX doesn't seem like a salute to us 3DSpedians - more like dogma of Nintendo.

Now about the consistency...
http://www.businessinsider.com/nintendo-nx-console-rumors-features-2016-7
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/0...ued-silence-on-the-nx-benefits-nobody/221035/
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...head-Gamescom-event-button-layout-swap-custom

And this one I haven't quite read through.
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/nintendo-nx-release-date-news-and-rumors-1289401

Last edited:
Reactions: Kakea
Would we lose points for drawing features Nintendo has said the NX would not have? For example, if I drew the NX as a VR console.
Nope. You don't have to follow anything except for your ideas :p
Looks like fun, I may want to partake. What time will submission end? (Also: Can I chose any of the following prizes myself?)
I'm thinking in 7-14 days but if people need more time, I'll give them more time depending on how long they need.

The 3DS Pedia forum is 3 years old today.

Unfortunately, there will be no Pediaversary Funfair or similar event this year, however, that doesn't mean I'll be doing nothing for such a special day. Even though it isn't anything special, I'll be having a kind of simple giveaway.

The winner will be able to choose one of the following prizes :

- $20 eShop Credit (US or Canada eShop)
- $20 Steam Credit (Worldwide)
- $20 / £15 iTunes Credit (US, United Kingdom or Australia)
- $20 Google Play Credit (US, two $10 cards)
- $20 PlayStation Network (US or Canada)
- GameStop Credit (US, close to the value credit)
- 3,400 Play Coins (Other parts of Europe)
Take note that the prize should be for your usage ONLY.

So you can take advantage of the additional Google Play or iTunes funds for Pokemon Go in-app purchases or anything those mobile app stores have to offer, grab some good deals in Steam's marketplace, shop in any GameStop store in the United States for physical goodies, go for digital content in the PlayStation Store or stick to the good ol' eShop credit that we love so much.

How this works :

NX Concept Creation

The idea of the contest is to come up with a good idea for the NX :D

It can be either a home console or a handheld, doesn't matter and does not have to be related to anything official or the revealed leaks. As a matter of fact, it'll be a lot better to come up with your own idea and be innovative.

You must also make some sketches of what you want it to look like and show off some of its features.

Some guidelines to follow :
  • It must be realistic. Don't let it have the ability to do everything in the world.
  • Clearly show the features in the sketches you make (eg. flip screen, touchscreen, etc).
  • Don't make it a $1,000+ console. Know when it's time to limit its features.
  • Just put your heart into it even if you think you're not going to make the best idea.
  • Show some sort of proof that the creations are yours (eg. paper with your username in the pic).
If you have any questions before tackling your sketches, don't hesitate to ask.

How to participate :

After you've come up with an amazing idea of how you see the NX and made some sketches of it (either with pencil & paper or an image editing program), send a private message to me with your entry.

What must be included when private messaging me your entry :
  1. Full details of your NX idea and sketches made by yourself to back it up.
  2. The prize you want from the list above.
  3. The real name you want to call the NX (NX is just a codename).
Stealing peoples' work will result in your account being restricted, so please don't do it.

Take some time to think up a good idea of what you want the NX to be and take the time to make your own drawings. The winner is not decided from the best drawings in the world, but you MUST put effort into it.

Failure to do so may result in your entry being ignored :/

How the winner is chosen :

The top 10 reasonable, creative ideas (or 15 ideas if we get over double the amount of entries) will go into a pool and one winner will randomly be selected. I'm set on one winner for now but I may have more.

Pool?!

Yeah, like a hat with numbers on papers folded up where one is randomly picked.

Reactions: Kakea
Yeah, like a hat with numbers on papers folded up where one is randomly picked.
oh

How can we send our drawing?

Last edited by a moderator:
How can we send our drawing?
As an attachment (private message) or through a third-party image hosting site like IMGUR.

As an attachment (private message) or through a third-party image hosting site like IMGUR.
Ok, thx!

Wow, 3 years?
I joined when 3DSpedia was 2 years and 1 week old... wait
that means I'm goint to have my first anniversary in pedia in a week!!

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this contest!!

But first, a question: Does it needs to be serious?, like... can I make somethinglike a Xylophone that travels in time and costs around $3?

I just need to draw it as a sketch or also make a real thing? Don't get mad at me, I didn't understand...

Can I use paint are does it have to be sketches because I don't have a camera

But first, a question: Does it needs to be serious?, like... can I make somethinglike a Xylophone that travels in time and costs around $3?
The thread says it needs to be realistic >.<)/
I just need to draw it as a sketch or also make a real thing? Don't get mad at me, I didn't understand...
Sketch. I don't think you'll be able to make it a real thing if I'm understanding you correctly :p
Can I use paint are does it have to be sketches because I don't have a camera
You can use a graphic design program like GIMP or PhotoShop. I recommend GIMP over MS Paint.

Reactions: Zukrad
The thread says it needs to be realistic >.<)/

Sketch. I don't think you'll be able to make it a real thing if I'm understanding you correctly :p

You can use a graphic design program like GIMP or PhotoShop. I recommend GIMP over MS Paint.
I mean, not to make a real thing that is working, just to make it look like real... Sketch is way easier, yay :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back