[OUTDATED] HomePass: StreetPass in your home

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Sorry, this method got outdated and this barely works now.
If you want to try luck, check the spoiler.

I will upload a new tutorial once I find the new method.

Sorry >.<

Well, this tutorial is simple because I had some problems doing it, mostly with the language of my PC.
So I will make this without images, please understand.

This tutorials uses a way without needing of installing software. I used some websites to make the translation possible. That means the images are not mine.

What you need?
  • MAC Cycle v5 Max (a portable exe, already on attached files)
  • Win 7 / 8 / 8.1
  • Have a built-in wireless network card or a WiFi USB dongle (wireless USB adapter)
  • Have a WiFi connection (if you have Ethernet, you maybe will need a router)
  • Some PC Skills
Can you explain that (and why)?
The first item is a little software needed to make HomePass works, because without it you won't met people of Spain, Japan, USA, Russia and other countries like I did :D

The second one is the OS.

The third one are the two options needed to have access to a WiFi connection. The fourth one is the connection.

The last one is needed because I won't explain more than I will do.

The steps with a "*" means you need to do that the first time.

STEP 1:

Win 7 (or 8 with the Start menu):
press [Start], enter [cmd] and hit [Enter], right click on [cmd] and select [Run as
asministrator]
Win 8:
open [charm bar], press [Search], enter [cmd], right click on [cmd] and select [Run as
asministrator]

STEP 2: *

We will check if you're able to create a Homepass.
You need to input this line and press enter:

Code:
netsh wlan show drivers

Now a lot of text will be showed. Search this line "Hosted network supported", if it says yes, congratulations because you are able! :woot:. If not, I feel sorry for you. :cry:

Y6YWH0j.png

STEP 3: *

You need to input this line and press enter.

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key=homepass

Note: The ssid (the name) will be attwifi and you can't be changed. The key is "homepass", but you can chage it if you want.

STEP 4:

This will be the last line, after this you can close now CMD.

Code:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

That line will start the hosted network, if you want to stop it, you can use this line:

Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

STEP 5: *

- Now you must go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network Connections
- Rename your WiFi card/usb dondle to "WiFi", like this image I found:

UtU3oD0.png

STEP 6: *

There you will see "attwifi" with a name "Local Area Connection*" and a number, like in the image (and my case), the number 4.

So now, make a right click on Wi-Fi, click "Properties", click "Sharing" tab, now check "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" and select your "Local Area Connection*" (of course, the one with the hosted network attwifi).

Note: If you only have two connections, that means just the Wi-Fi card and the hosted network, you only need to check the tab without selecting nothing.

STEP 7:

Press OK. And now it's the time of the 3DS.

STEP 8:

Open your 3DS, open System Settings, now go to Internet Settings, create a new connection, search "attwifi" and put the password. (If you didn't change the password, it's homepass)

STEP 9:

Now open MAC Cycle v5 Max. If it ask to press a button, do it.

STEP 10:

egI7WCU.png

Once in this screen, put 900 so the software will wait 15 minutes before changing the MAC address (let's say the streetpass relay point).1

If you finished with the actual one, just press any button to skip to the next one.
That soft has 100 different address :eek:

STEP 11:

Put your console in sleep mode and wait. It usually takes 1 to 2 minutes to see the green light.

DOESN'T WORK? Some solutions:

1. If you have a antivirus with a Firewall or a Firewall software (like avast), disable it.

2. When the Mac adress is changed, check if your internet access is connected. Sometimes when the MAC address is changed, the WiFi Internet connection get disconnected, so you need to connect again. (With the WiFi icon on the desktop)

3. If it still not working, delete your other connections in your console (or add a letter in the SSID)

4. Still not working? Do step 6 again (disable the sharing, press okay, and enable it again).

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU DID IT!
Every time I use a MAC address (it works once every 24 hours), I usually get 6 each in 10 address.

I wish we can change ours mii now! :woot:

Attachments

• MAC Cycle v5 Max.zip
    124 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Reactions: JefHowl, Bugalet and D4rkDragon
cool that looks like it will work well

Macintosh pleaaassee?!? I only have Macintosh and Windows XP. Also I like the Idea of the name HomePass: Streetpass in your home... That's cool... :D

cool that looks like it will work well

It does :D

Macintosh pleaaassee?!? I only have Macintosh and Windows XP. Also I like the Idea of the name HomePass: Streetpass in your home... That's cool... :D

I don't have those OS, you have to search on Internet. :p

Does this work with Vista?

It worked ! Thanks for the info, Erixsan !

EDIT: Now, it's stuck at 'Resetting Adapter...'.

Last edited:
It worked ! Thanks for the info, Erixsan !

EDIT: Now, it's stuck at 'Resetting Adapter...'.

When that happens, you must shut down your PC (or restart, being better on Win 8) and when you log again, it will work again. It's really annoying.

Does this work with Vista?

Maybe, don't know. Try and tell me please :p

(Because Win8 is a better version of Win7, and this one, a fixed version of Vista)

When that happens, you must shut down your PC (or restart, being better on Win 8) and when you log again, it will work again. It's really annoying.

Maybe, don't know. Try and tell me please :p

(Because Win8 is a better version of Win7, and this one, a fixed version of Vista)
ehhh it seems a bit complicated :p Maybe when I have a lot of time on my hands I'll try haha

ehhh it seems a bit complicated :p Maybe when I have a lot of time on my hands I'll try haha

No, it's quite easy !
It's just some clicks, words to type and touchs, and you're done !
(And I fixed my earlier trouble)

No, it's quite easy !
oh ok. I guess it's just a matter of not getting intimidated by the huge amount of text lol My answer is still the same though

No, it's quite easy !

Exactly. Also that is the shortest and easiest way possible to do that.

Exactly. Also that is the shortest and easiest way possible to do that.
don't even see the hosted network thing when I put in the inputted text

don't even see the hosted network thing when I put in the inputted text

Try making step 3 again before doing step 4.

I was on Step 2

Step two is just the first time, and it's only for know if your wifi card/usb is compatible.
It's actually does nothing to the progress, so you don't need to do that step never.

Hi, I had this working on my windows 8.1 system....

But now it's not?
It seems that when I start my "attwifi" hostednetwork, it doesn't show up in network connections, and therefore my LAN is not sharing the internet connection with it?

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Hi I just tried this but my local connection doesn't have internet. Also the 3ds doesn't seem to want to connect to the attwifi. Please help me. Thank you

a small question. we're changing the MAC address of the wireless adapter right?
can I change it back to the default MAC address after I'm done with this?

thanks a lot !
it worked perfectly for me and I got 9 hits under 10 min ! it's really a great way to achieve streetpass for those who live in a country not supported by relay points !

I didn't get any streetpass in 3 mac addres :(

When testing the connection, is it right to get connection to the access point but no internet connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back