(Outdated) Battle for Champion Tournament Rules

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
But in no restrictions Pokemon below level 50 are raised to level 50 if I'm not mistaken. :/
That is mistaken, No Restrictions maintains the mon's given level.

Reactions: Artisan
wayne's right. Normally everyone play by normal rules which defaults any Pokemon level to level 50. Lower or higher level.

wayne's right. Normally everyone play by normal rules which defaults any Pokemon level to level 50. Lower or higher level.
It just eliminates basic FEAR strategies. But normally yes the rules are agreed on to be Flat Battles

It just eliminates basic FEAR strategies. But normally yes the rules are agreed on to be Flat Battles
Also not the case, we use normal rules.

Also not the case, we use normal rules.
The strategy is less likely to work under "normal rules".

The strategy is less likely to work under "normal rules".
Those strategies are also banned completely by the Endless Battle Clause.

Those strategies are also banned completely by the Endless Battle Clause.
FEAR is not part of the endless battle clause

FEAR is that terrible gimmick with Focus Sash Ratatta

You are thinking of FUNBRO

So, in the end, the Item Clause is staying?... and the 3DS only rule too?

*sigh*

Edit: Also, what happened to the legendary thing?

So, in the end, the Item Clause is staying?... and the 3DS only rule too?

*sigh*

Edit: Also, what happened to the legendary thing?
You can use legends once they aren't ubers. Item clause hasn't changed and battles are to be done over XY/ORAS.

We never did battles on Showdown for the Pokemon League. People who just want to prove themselves by having a battle against a gym team to see if they are "gym badge worthy" are free to do so on Showdown tho (it being counted just wouldn't matter).

After the Battle for Champion tournament, the gym badges will be removed.

Reactions: Artisan
What do you mean with "once?"

Edit: Did you mean "if?"

I say this really test out your strength against other tough trainers who have at least beaten a few to maybe even all gyms.

What do you mean with "once?"

Edit: Did you mean "if?"
In computer talk that is precise. When this happens, then it is allowed.

Oh okay, I don't need a badge. Of course I'm in!!

Like using sword dance and agility to baton pass it. Or baton passing sword dance with a speed boost from an ability.

I understand the reason for baton pass clause here, im guessing its to help balance/reduce what could be what i call "potentially too much chaos" so to speak (if you know what i mean, sorry if that didn't make sense), but if you can't use stat boost moves with it in a combo then isnt having the move in a Pokemon's moveset kinda void (aka useless)? Remember though, i am not much experienced at all with competitive kinda rules and battles so when im writing the above im only going based on what ive seen on YouTube and heard other people say/write otherwise so i admit i may be wrong regarding baton pass being void without any stat boost moves, if i am i apologize for any potential confusion :p

I understand the reason for baton pass clause here, im guessing its to help balance/reduce what could be what i call "potentially too much chaos" so to speak (if you know what i mean, sorry if that didn't make sense), but if you can't use stat boost moves with it in a combo then isnt having the move in a Pokemon's moveset kinda void (aka useless)? Remember though, i am not much experienced at all with competitive kinda rules and battles so when im writing the above im only going based on what ive seen on YouTube and heard other people say/write otherwise so i admit i may be wrong regarding baton pass being void without any stat boost moves, if i am i apologize for any potential confusion :p
The thing about Baton Pass, is that is kinda broken
Without that rule, people can use this type of team, in which, if the player with the BP team gets a good lead, wins the game unless the opponent gets a crit

You can use legends once they aren't ubers. Item clause hasn't changed and battles are to be done over XY/ORAS.

We never did battles on Showdown for the Pokemon League. People who just want to prove themselves by having a battle against a gym team to see if they are "gym badge worthy" are free to do so on Showdown tho (it being counted just wouldn't matter).

After the Battle for Champion tournament, the gym badges will be removed.
ugh Marc
you should have changed you main post then. Now i had a misunderstanding about this with my opponent.

@Marc
i didn't opponent did, not an uber but just a legendary
edit: and i was looking here for the rules but its ok

@Marc
i didn't opponent did, not an uber but just a legendary
Alright! Tell him to swap it out but use the same team (and you can swap out one of your 'mons too).

Back