NIS America no longer publishing Atlus games in Europe

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
NIS America has brought the good folks of Europe great 3DS games from Atlus, however, they will no longer be publishing their games. This is most likely due to Sega acquiring Atlus :
Gematsu said:
Speaking to MCV, NIS America MD Takuro Yamashita said it has become increasingly difficult to work with Atlus since it was purchased by Sega.
Source: http://gematsu.com/2016/04/nis-america-will-no-longer-publish-atlus-games-europe

Just so you know, European 3DS gamers have seen games like Etrian Mystery Dungeon,
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight, Persona Q, and much more Atlus titles in Europe.

This is a kick on the leg to those who were waiting for a SMT IV: Apocalypse release date in Europe. Let's just hope Sega has plans to release the Atlus games in Europe so EU users won't be left in the dark.

Wow, that totally stinks. Did Atlus become so desperate that they had to get bought out by Sega as a last resort? Sega better get this predicament fixed soon, or else people might protest, if they haven't already. From the diction of the article, it seems like this will somewhat affect the US as well. xP

Good thing it was after Persona Q, sucks because I didn't got SMT IV:Apocalypse, and was hoping to try it.
Well, as you said, maybe Sega will take NISA's place and will release (and maybe translate?) the game(s) instead (because I don't count how many friends of mine gave me that "Seriously?" stare when I let them borrow my Persona Q copy and they realised not a single word was in French (hint: They're not pros in English))?

Wow, that totally stinks. Did Atlus become so desperate that they had to get bought out by Sega as a last resort? Sega better get this predicament fixed soon, or else people might protest, if they haven't already. From the diction of the article, it seems like this will somewhat affect the US as well. xP
I believe it was something about Atlus' parent company going bankrupt or something.

On another note, I'm seriously ticked off by this, NIS America and Atlus did a good team, Sega interfering with it is something they won't be living down anytime soon. And if they don't release the games for Europe, we can expect a nice little fire storm over them.

That's annoying and here I was hoping SMT IV: Final would come out soon, guess that's that dream crushed. And Froyo I hear that
I believe it was something about Atlus' parent company going bankrupt or something.
it is kinda sad that it got bought out as well as the changes that are probably going to be happening. Oh well I've always wanted to be in a riot so not everything's bad.

On another note, I'm seriously ticked off by this, NIS America and Atlus did a good team, Sega interfering with it is something they won't be living down anytime soon. And if they don't release the games for Europe, we can expect a nice little fire storm over them.
well, sega can release the games if they want, since they bougth Atlus

Good news. It seems like Sega is very interested in bringing Atlus games to Europe \o/
mcvuk said:
“We’re very interested in bringing all of the group’s Japanese content not just to the West, but to Europe in particular,” SVP of commercial publishing John Clark said.

“We are always trying to find a way. And that’s an on-going process. That’s something we are continually assessing and talking to and if there are really strong opportunities to support the Japanese content in Europe, we’ll do it.”
Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sega...erested-in-bringing-atlus-games-to-uk/0167215

If Persona games aren't exclusively for PlayStation, I hope they bring those games to Wii U and NX too >.<

Reactions: Tho, Blue Knight and Shin
Back