New Way of Earning Super Sea Snails in Splatoon

• Thread starter Gamer4647
  • Start date
I don't play regular battles often so that doesn't really matter to me. As for the Super Sea Snails, I'm glad they made an alternative method to obtaining them now that Splatfests have come to an end.

Regular as in Ranked or Turf? Anyway, It's a much slower way to gain snail shells, especially if you don't play the game often, but at least it's something. :jimlad:

@Marc , im just hearing this, since i haven't played splatoon in a while. Why are they ending splatfests? :(

@Marc , im just hearing this, since i haven't played splatoon in a while. Why are they ending splatfests? :(
I guess they want to focus on other things since it takes them time to think up of sides and other stuff.

It'll be preeetty sad once they pull the internet plug on Wii U like they did with DSi and the Wii.

It was understandable, but still sad.

It'll be preeetty sad once they pull the internet plug on Wii U like they did with DSi and the Wii.

It was understandable, but still sad.
they won't do that. the reason they stopped the Wi-Fi for Wii and ds servers was because a 3rd party was in control of the servers and Nintendo couldn't pay for it anymore. Nintendo network is run by Nintendo so they won't need to pay for it thus they will keep the servers up. so there is no need to worry

they won't do that. the reason they stopped the Wi-Fi for Wii and ds servers was because a 3rd party was in control of the servers and Nintendo couldn't pay for it anymore. Nintendo network is run by Nintendo so they won't need to pay for it thus they will keep the servers up. so there is no need to worry
That makes me feel much better! :D

This is amazing.. I love this idea! It'll help a lot of people save their gold/cash when they want to reroll. I didn't play many Splatfests so I didn't get many Super Sea Snails and I'm happy :)

Even if it does happen, we can create our own wifi network, everyone did that last time with their Wii :p

Not quite
Gamespy, the host, was bought out and closed by Glu mobile apparently to 'focus on their services', affecting lots of PC games too
It's on Wikipedia if you want to read about it
Even if it does happen, we can create our own wifi network, everyone did that last time with their Wii :p
Wiimmfi and AltWFC spring to mind

Also, Sonic Runners
Yes, really

By the way, the 30 games reward applies to both Ranked and Turf battles
The points increase only applies to Turf wars
Hope that clears any confusion

Last edited:
"In April 2014, Glu announced that it would shut down the GameSpy servers on May 31, 2014, so its developers could focus on work for Glu's own services. Games that still used GameSpy are no longer able to offer online functionality or multiplayer services through GameSpy. While some publishers announced plans to migrate GameSpy-equipped games to other platforms (such as Steamworks or in-house servers), some publishers, such as Nintendo (who used the GameSpy servers as the basis of its Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection platform for DS and Wii games) did not, particularly due to the age of the affected games."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameSpy
I'll stop now with the off topic stuff

It's a good idea and an excellent alternative solution though it doesn't really matter to me because I mostly play competitive instead of turf wars.

Back