New characters for switch

• Thread starter CyanJolteon17
  • Start date

Which of the following characters that I want in Smash do you agree that should be in Smash?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CyanJolteon17

CyanJolteon17

New squid on the block
Towns Folk
I'm sure this has been posted multiple times, but I figured I would make another thread for this topic. Anyway, hey everyone, it's CyanJolteon here! I was curious as to what characters you guys were looking forward to appearing in the Smash Bros. Switch Port. Just comment down your top 5, in order of importance. Also put the game(s) they are from in parentheses e.g., Mario (Super Mario). You can also vote on my characters in the poll, if you agree that they should be in smash.

1.) Phantom R/Raphael (Rhythm Thief)
2.) Spear Waddle Dee (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)
3.) Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)
4.) Dr. Luigi (Dr. Luigi)
5.) Yarn Kirby (Kirby's Epic Yarn)

I'm not coming in with high expectations like I did when the DLC hype train was still alive, as it was such a let down. But who can't be excited for new characters? My wish list is the same as last year, and I'll definitely hold it strong. It's Wolf (Star Fox) and Amaterasu (Okami). Also on that note, none of the Gen 7 Pokémon (don't get me wrong, I still think they're great designs) peaked my interest of being a possible character. None of them feel Smash appropriate.

I'm not coming in with high expectations like I did when the DLC hype train was still alive, as it was such a let down. But who can't be excited for new characters? My wish list is the same as last year, and I'll definitely hold it strong. It's Wolf (Star Fox) and Amaterasu (Okami). Also on that note, none of the Gen 7 Pokémon (don't get me wrong, I still think they're great designs) peaked my interest of being a possible character. None of them feel Smash appropriate.
I do agree that Wolf should come back into smash, and Amaterasu would be a cool addition as well. I also do agree that people aren't as hyped for the switch, since there's no smash ballot or anything. Even though we do have a lot of pokemon in smash, a gen 7 pokemon would be nice though. Maybe Lurantis will make it in the game or something. I have high hopes for this "new" smash game.

. Even though we do have a lot of pokemon in smash, a gen 7 pokemon would be nice though. Maybe Lurantis will make it in the game or something. I have high hopes for this "new" smash game.

A common theme with Pokémon Smash characters are that they're bipedal. The only exception is Ivysuar, but they haven't made it back. Although a criteria isn't defined, we can infer that any new Pokemon Smash character will be bipedal, as it's probably much easier to animate into movements. (Grabbing, running, jumping will look more natural.) This leaves us really with Midnight Lycanroc and Incineroar as possible candidates. (Not really my favorite Gen 7 Pokémon. I think Midday looks cooler.

Although I would like to be proven wrong, as I'd love to see some variety. This also is an argument against Amaterasu, and I probably shouldn't be saying this if I want her in. But looking at the additions for the past couple of Smash games, bipedal really seems to be what they're going for.

Reactions: CyanJolteon17
I want to see a few characters from Super Smash Flash 2 to make into the mainstream Smash specifically:
1.Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
Black Mage is always been a favourite in Final Fantasy games for me and seeing him come to life with a variety of attacks was great in SSF2 so I think with a remodel he would be a cool alternative in Smash.
2.Naruto (Naruto)
Naruto is a cool kind of character and I wouldn't mind seeing him show up in a new game. Fairly balanced character too.
For now that's all I can think of so I'll come back with more to post later.

I want to see a few characters from Super Smash Flash 2 to make into the mainstream Smash specifically:
1.Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
Black Mage is always been a favourite in Final Fantasy games for me and seeing him come to life with a variety of attacks was great in SSF2 so I think with a remodel he would be a cool alternative in Smash.
2.Naruto (Naruto)
Naruto is a cool kind of character and I wouldn't mind seeing him show up in a new game. Fairly balanced character too.
For now that's all I can think of so I'll come back with more to post later.
A lot of characters from super smash flash should make it into the game. Like Toad, Waluigi, Spear Waddle Dee, Black Mage, Bomberman, etc. Although, I don't think Sakurai accepts characters that don't originate from video games into smash like Goku, Naruto, or even Spongebob, who almost made it into smash.

A lot of characters from super smash flash should make it into the game. Like Toad, Waluigi, Spear Waddle Dee, Black Mage, Bomberman, etc. Although, I don't think Sakurai accepts characters that don't originate from video games into smash like Goku, Naruto, or even Spongebob, who almost made it into smash.
Ya, I know which is a real shame because I feel a real shame because I feel the game would apply to more people overall. Besides, I don't see why not if it's working in a third party game, it couldn't at least hurt to try or release them as DLC or something. I guess it would be fair to say it wouldn't match a set theme as well, but even at the very least, I would love to see Black Mage in the new Switch game. I absolutely love Final Fantasy and want to see some more old school original character classes as playable characters.

Ya, I know which is a real shame because I feel a real shame because I feel the game would apply to more people overall. Besides, I don't see why not if it's working in a third party game, it couldn't at least hurt to try or release them as DLC or something. I guess it would be fair to say it wouldn't match a set theme as well, but even at the very least, I would love to see Black Mage in the new Switch game. I absolutely love Final Fantasy and want to see some more old school original character classes as playable characters.
Surprisingly, I have actually never played a final fantasy game. I've heard it's a really good series, especially number 7.

Reactions: etrian_warrior
If spear waddle dee became a character i would honestly play him for the rest of my life i would also like if another sonic, megaman, or pokemon character came to the game

It would be great to have Ridley from metroid in super smash. There are not many villains in super smash. There are also not many heavyweight fighters in super smash. Ridley would be a character that is can recover well and can deal lots of damage. Also there are not many characters from the Metroid series. So far we have Samus and zero suit Samus.

It would be great to have Ridley from metroid in super smash. There are not many villains in super smash. There are also not many heavyweight fighters in super smash. Ridley would be a character that is can recover well and can deal lots of damage. Also there are not many characters from the Metroid series. So far we have Samus and zero suit Samus.
I agree, but I feel like Ridley would be too big and maybe be a clone of charizard. However, I've never played or seen gameplay of any metroid games, so I'm not one to talk.

I dunno how I feel, I'm more of a Dissidia person myself. :/

Back