RMT / Team Help My first attempt at bulding my own UU Team

• Thread starter 24460
  • Start date

Professional Profile Stalker
Towns Folk
Ok, so I threw some stuff together on Pokémon Showdown, and called it a UU team.
Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Heat Wave
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
Gardevoir @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Moonblast
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam
Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
Krookodile @ Power Herb
Ability: Anger Point
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake
- Dig
- Dragon Claw
Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Sky Uppercut
- Aerial Ace
Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Superpower
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Rush

Well, to be honest none of your sets are good.

(This applies to every tier, not just UU)
Is unneficcient to go for unnecesary coverage. I call that, the "Air Slash Zard Syndrome" (that has a terrible acronym)
I have seen countless times people running Air Slash in Charizard Y, telling me that it is "for hitting fighting types"... but that makes no sense. Fire Blast/Solar Beam/Focus Blast is almost perfect coverage, only a few things can switch in (Like Latias and Mega Altaria), and to deal with those Pokémon, you have other 5 members on your team. The main objective of a wallbreaker is not killing everything in one shot

Anyways, the sets: (Bold = not ok) (If I happen to sound mean, is unintentional)

chandelure.gif

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Heat Wave
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Why are you running two fire moves?
Psychic makes no sense in Chandelure, you are only hitting super effective Fighting and Poison.. which you already hit fo a lot of damage with Fire Blast and Shadow Ball. Coverage is supposed to help you deal with the stuff you can't deal already.
If you wanted coverage, you could have run something that hits the stuff that you have a hard time dealing with (Like Energy Ball or Focus Blast)
Also, there is only a handful of Pokémon that are good running 4 offensive moves... Chandelure is not one of them
I would suggest to replace the bold moves by Calm Mind+Coverage or Calm Mind+Substitute

You always want to have an odd number of HP, so you take as little as possible of hazard damage, so change the 4HP to defense or special defense.

Focus Sash is not an item that can go in anything, only a few Pokémon can really use it, often Pokémon with inmunity to hazards or Pokémon that REALLY need it (Like Dugtrio). In everything else it sucks, specially in a team with no hazard control.

gardevoir-2.gif

Gardevoir @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Moonblast
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

Why Charge Beam? It doesn't help you against anything, and is not even a 100% chance of getting a boost. There is no reason to use Charge Beam over Calm Mind
What are you trying to hit with HP Ice? Not dragons, I suppose, you have Moonblast
Signal Beam is a no

Why are you running bulk in a Gardevoir? And you are running modest, so you HAVE to run max speed
Timid nature is the better option
Sitrus Berry is not good in singles.. at all (unless you run Belly Drum). Lefties is better in every way

rotom-frost.gif

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Rotom Frost is not a good mon in UU
Why T-bolt and Thunder in the same set?
Why Dark Pulse?
The only rotom that doesn't run recovery is choice locked rotom

krookodile.gif

Krookodile @ Power Herb
Ability: Anger Point
Adamant Nature
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake
- Dig
- Dragon Claw

Why Power Herb?... like seriously, why? The only reason to run power herb in this set is to get a turn 1 Dig... but that makes no sense, without Power Herb, Dig is just terrible, and with Power Herb, Dig becomes earthquake with contact (bad) and with only 80 BP
Krookodile has 2 amazing abilities, Intimidate and Moxie, and you run Anger Point, which is terrible
Again, why bulk?
Jolly>Adamant
Why Dragon Claw? It only hits Dragon mons, but you can hit them with EQ or Knock Off, the only dragon that walls you is Hydreigon (for which you can run Superpower, which is FAAAR better)
Iron Tail is kinda innecesary, EQ has 150 BP against Fairies (a 2HKO most of the time), while Iron Tail has 200 BP, but with a 75% chance of missing

gligar.gif

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature

- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Sky Uppercut
- Aerial Ace

Gligar is a defensive Pokémon, so everything in the set except the item and EQ is bad

aggron-mega.gif

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Superpower
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Rush

Why relaxed? There is no reason to run a min speed nature in Aggron
The EVs are unoptimal for a defensive Pokémon
A support mon with 4 offensive mons is a terrible idea

So those are all the issues with the sets. The team is still not really good. For example, you have no water switchings in a tier FULL of water Pokémon

Reactions: 24460
Back