Support Needed My 3ds got soaked, how to fix?

• Thread starter Deanthehacker
  • Start date
Deanthehacker

Deanthehacker

the King of jokes that's me !!!
Towns Folk
My first thread, hi guys just wondering if you can help me with my 3ds that got soaked by my little brother...

Can you guys help me, i dont know what to do. Thx.

Put it in a bowl of rice (completely submerged in the grain) for a couple of days, as soon as you can.

Then check to see if it turns on. If it doesn't or it has problems, call Nintendo and ask them what they can do.

Reactions: Fantivity, Jisenku and Artisan
if the rice thing doesn't work, you will have t get it repaired by Nintendo. Water damage does void the warranty so it will cost money. I would suggest making your little brother pay fr it since he was the one who soaked it. :D

Reactions: 18
I'd probably have told you to open it up and dry the system's components individually, but if you're not experienced with that, or are sending it to Nintendo, that may not be the best idea... Do take the battery out and hold the power button for about 2 min so it completely discharges before you put it in rice or whatever porous substance though.

Rice method is best if you can't take apart as stated above.

if the rice thing doesn't work, you will have t get it repaired by Nintendo. Water damage does void the warranty so it will cost money. I would suggest making your little brother pay fr it since he was the one who soaked it. :D
he's just a baby.

If you have big salt grains, those work even faster than the rice.

If you can, get a screwdriver and take of the casing (the screws are at the bottom), that helps get the water out quicker. Do not switch it on before it's completely dry, or you might fry it!

Reactions: etrian_warrior
Back