Virtual Console Most wanted 3DS/Wii U virtual console

• Thread starter SilverSaphire
  • Start date
Fire emblem games pls. Best series ever. A must have! Great story lines. Best their was best their is and best their will be ;)
Mario 64 never played it. :p
Luigis mansion because I have never played it before :p

Reactions: Moon Rain and georgepross
For 3DS and Wii U, I just hope Turbografx 16 games come to America ASAP! And hopefully for Wii U VC, VC Arcade games like Bomb Jack, Star Force, Gradius, Super Contra and Magic Sword!

It's on the Wii Shop Channel.

For 3DS and Wii U, I just hope Turbografx 16 games come to America ASAP! And hopefully for Wii U VC, VC Arcade games like Bomb Jack, Star Force, Gradius, Super Contra and Magic Sword!
Turbografx 16? That's not Nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbografx 16? That's not Nintendo.
They have released a LOT of third party games on the VC already, and Konami already put Turbo16 games on the JP Wii U VC. I just still hope they come very soon

I actually don't want more VC games on my 3DS but I want more options for the Wii U...
At least those released for the Wii >.<

I actually don't want more VC games on my 3DS but I want more options for the Wii U...
At least those released for the Wii >.<

Well, at least the WiiU has a great VC, while the 3DS VC... isn't getting anywhere and is terrible (there's a barely a few good games to play), and worse, they don't exploit the 3DS' hardware fully, otherwise, we would have a SNES VC and a GBA VC (come on, stop with the lame excuse, Nintendo, we all know that you can make a GBA emulator run at 60fps on a 3DS while letting people access the 3DS' regular features!).

So, yes, they can upgrade the WiiU VC, I'm not against it, but the 3DS VC don't have many good games.

Mine would be the Fire Emblem games on GC and Wii because they're so hard to track down for cheap.

Wii U:​
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)
  • Tales of Symphonia (GCN)
  • F-Zero GX (GCN)
  • Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GCN)
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash (GCN)
3DS:​
  • All of the GBA Games on the Wii U / Ambassador Program
  • Any GBA Fire Emblem game (including FE6) not counted by the above
Fudge, after how much I've suggested dozens of ideas elsewhere, I can't think of any more. :bag:

At least Tales of Symphonia is available on PSN, so that's one avenue to go down.

Fire emblem games pls. Best series ever. A must have! Great story lines. Best their was best their is and best their will be ;)
Luigis mansion because I have never played it before :p
Super Mario 64 is available through the Wii Shop Channel, so you could just jump into Wii mode on Wii U and download it there.

At least Tales of Symphonia is available on PSN, so that's one avenue to go down.
But I'll probably never get a PS3/4. :bag:

Super Mario 64 is available through the Wii Shop Channel, so you could just jump into Wii mode on Wii U and download it there.
Does that work? You can't play wii games online, even on a wii u. I am going to test this now

Does that work? You can't play wii games online, even on a wii u. I am going to test this now
The Wii Shop Channel is still online.

The Wii Shop Channel is still online.
I checked after I posted, I had no idea it still works

Well, at least the WiiU has a great VC, while the 3DS VC... isn't getting anywhere and is terrible (there's a barely a few good games to play), and worse, they don't exploit the 3DS' hardware fully, otherwise, we would have a SNES VC and a GBA VC (come on, stop with the lame excuse, Nintendo, we all know that you can make a GBA emulator run at 60fps on a 3DS while letting people access the 3DS' regular features!).

So, yes, they can upgrade the WiiU VC, I'm not against it, but the 3DS VC don't have many good games.

Many websites have essentially proven that GBA games on 3DS wouldn't work well as they play differently than other VC games. Plus the ambassador games run horribly compared to DSiWare.

And SNES games on 3DS? I'd rather have more portable systems like Neo Geo Pocket Color and Wonderswan first, as well as More GB and GBC games. NES games are practically taking over the 3DS VC and because of that we barely get any GB or GBC games despite there being so many games to release. I wouldn't mind playing Kirby's avalanche on the go, but they should at least work on the portable VC systems first... I'm sick of all of the console games on 3DS. It was fine when they first launched but now there are more of them than GB and GBC games it seems. I don't mind GBA games on Wii U VC but I would indeed feel the same way if they began to take over the store or if they added GBC games.

Many websites have essentially proven that GBA games on 3DS wouldn't work well as they play differently than other VC games. Plus the ambassador games run horribly compared to DSiWare.

And SNES games on 3DS? I'd rather have more portable systems like Neo Geo Pocket Color and Wonderswan first, as well as More GB and GBC games. NES games are practically taking over the 3DS VC and because of that we barely get any GB or GBC games despite there being so many games to release. I wouldn't mind playing Kirby's avalanche on the go, but they should at least work on the portable VC systems first... I'm sick of all of the console games on 3DS. It was fine when they first launched but now there are more of them than GB and GBC games it seems. I don't mind GBA games on Wii U VC but I would indeed feel the same way if they began to take over the store or if they added GBC games.

Yes, but I doubt they'll add a WonderSwan or a NeoGeo Pocket Color VC. Or it'll be Japan-only, like most of the things we'll never get because, these machines are licensed by Bandai/SNK, and most if not all of their games are in Japanese, and I doubt that they would have the patience of translating them.

As for the SNES, it's not an obligation, it's just an idea, I placed the system comparison to show that they don't really use the 3DS' hardware. In a fact, the 3DS (with a bit of work, and that'll never happen, even with a homebrew) could even be able to run NEC PC-98 games !

Back to the GBA problem, I think that it's just a bad implementation, or there's something not correct with the GBA Emulator, because, take a look at all those meanies who uses GBA Emulators on their PSP. It runs perfectly fine, without much trouble, even though the PSP is nothing more than a single-core 333MHz CPU! So, why wouldn't the 3DS, who is more powerful, and is dual-core, couldn't run them better than a previous-gen console ?

And I agree with you, the GB(C) VC don't have much quality games, and I suggest them to put the old Pokémon games on it (aside from the TCG one since it's already out) to improve it if they can. After all, it's nothing more than a ROM, alongside with an emulator, buried in a 3DS executable, right ?

So, aside from the ideas, I think there are ways to make a full GBA Emulator/VC on the 3DS. She has a lot of potential, yet it isn't exploited. But on that point, I agree with you: we need a better VC, and optionally, more portable platforms.

3DS:
Megaman Battle Network Series (GBA-DS) (MEGAMAN IS AWESOME!)
Fire Emblem Series (SNES-GBA-DS) (ADDS MORE FANS TO THE SERIES)
Pokemon Series (MONEY PRINTER)
Mother Series (PLEASE)

Reactions: georgepross
I would love getting Hyrule warriors when it comes out, but there's only one teensy tiny problem... I don't own a Wii U and it doesn't look like I really ever will actually, I'm content with my 3DS ( I would love if Nintendo could've brought Hyrule warriors to the 3DS, but that's asking too much of them isn't it?)

Fire Emblem and Pokemon are the main ones I can think of.

Any Pokemon game, PLEASE. They've done it with the new ones, so RBGY would be too easy.

I think you've misinterpreted their words. The GBA games run like GBA mode in the DS, and it works fine; however, because of their architecture they can't access the hardware pause features of the 3DS like the Home menu, Streetpass, and Miiverse because that functionality didn't exist on the DS.

For the Wii U I really want MegaMan II or Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past.

For 3ds I would love Sonic the Hedgehog 3D.

Back