Monster Hunter Double Cross confirmed for 3DS in Japan!

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
It'll be out on March 18th, next year in Japan.

So, as you expect, it's an upgraded version of Cross/Generations, featuring more old maps, more old monsters, and new monsters, as well as G-Rank. Oh, and since we're speaking about Generations, new hunting styles (an unknown one, probably related to bombs, and another one called "Brave" style (literal translation)). Also, prowler players will be able to use Hunting Styles.

For those of you who only believe what they see, here you go:

To finish, of course, there will be the possibility to transfer data from Cross (JP ver. of Generations) if you have it, or even MH Stories, probably for a bonus. And I forgot it, but there are rumours about 6-players online floating around the Internet, though it wasn't confirmed.

What are your expectations about it ? Are you surprised it's releasing on 3DS instead of Switch ?

just adding in the actual trailer from the direct here:

Generations was my first actual play through in a Monster Hunter game, and even as unexperienced as I am, I can see why people find it very easy. So I'm glad a more difficult game is coming out, so I can still enjoy features Generations introduced (Styles namely) and still be forced to learn how to adapt to a more challenging setting. Also, I'm not surprised that it's for the 3DS. I don't know much, but I'm pretty sure this game runs on the same engine as Generations and 4U as they all look the same (Character models, textures, ect.) I would suspect that they would use a different engine for a Monster Hunter game on the Switch. It would probably be really impractical to have a game on the Switch use similar assets to ones in a 3DS title.

Back