Mega-Metagross Announced!

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

In this month’s issue of CoroCoro, Mega Metagross has been announced! Elite Four Champion is seen using a Mega Brooch to evolve his Metagross.
corocoro8142.jpg
metagross_scan.jpg

What do you think?!?!​

Am I always late when posting news T-T? Anyways, I like the design. It undergoes a simple change. The ability looks like it can have Tough Claws. Although, I'm not hyped, in the competitive aspect. If it gets a good ability, and a good BST increase, then I'll be hyped. The design is really the only thing I like.

Metagross has some interesting typing an I was really wanting to use him in Gen 6 but he has more weaknesses (to Dark and Ghost) now that made me never want to use him. He's probably going to be bulky and slower like Aggron, Tyranitar, and Garchomp. I think his ability will be levitate which will be a waste (more fun for Excadrill!) It will certainly be an option for sand teams.

Damnn, so the Metagross finally learned to stand-up straight on its hind legs, lol. I love Metagross and I'm so gonna use it's mega form. I hope it uses some new moves as well.

I honestly wasn't that excited when I saw his design. It is really cool, but nothing beats when they first released mega Mawile, the Starters, the other Starters, etc.

It looks cool, and I really hope he gets the tough claws ability. I am looking forward to more Mega Evolutions aswell.

The ability looks like it can have Tough Claws. Although
Eh.. I heard it's getting Iron Fist but after seeing those claws.... yeah. Idk anymore. Tough Claws is a better ability cause it increases all physical damage moves by 33% instead of 20% (Iron Fist for punching moves).

So yeah, pretty cool if you ask me. I don't really care about the design. Heck, it sort of looks the same to me lol.
I love Metagross and I'm so gonna use it's mega form.
Assault Vest Metagross tho.
I hope it uses some new moves as well.
What move(s) would you add?

- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt / Hammer Arm

Reactions: CrazyElf
Eh.. I heard it's getting Iron Fist but after seeing those claws.... yeah. Idk anymore. Tough Claws is a better ability cause it increases all physical damage moves by 33% instead of 20% (Iron Fist for punching moves).

So yeah, pretty cool if you ask me. I don't really care about the design. Heck, it sort of looks the same to me lol.

- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
Damn, come to think of it, I don't see any moves to be added. Now, I get how it suffers from 4 slots/moves syndrome. Assault vest Metagross will be too OP. That SoB is already pretty difficult to kill, I hope they give it Levitate! Wo0t

- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
I would add this move called Claw Crush. Metagross would get an enemy under it's claws/feet and exert all of it's weight on them. This would cause severe damage to the opposing Pokemon, but it would cause Metagross to recharge if he misses.

I still don't know if he's levitating, or if there's like another arm that he uses to stand up.:oldman:

I still don't know if he's levitating, or if there's like another arm that he uses to stand up.:oldman:
Well Metang levitated but it did not have Levitate as an ability so that's less likely but I said it because it's a good ability to have.

I'm not surprise at all, I'm positive Shiftry would be the next Pokemon to get a Mega-Evolution as well. I really like this design though, I knew Mega-Metagross would've happen, I just never pictured the design to look like this.

Well I have mixed feelings about Metagross now, he really is cool in the normal form but his mega is so damn ugly and looks like a magnezone 2.0 i really dont like it, still im interested to see what tier this goes, Tough Claws is clearly OP to me.

Mega Metagross was revealed to have Tough Claw ehh? Not really the best ability IMO, but it fits the look of the Pokemon (giant claws). I can also see why GameFreak made Mega Metagross get the ability, since they stated it would get a major boost to speed, while a minor boost to the other stats. The Attack wasn't boosted much, so I can see why Tough Claw was used to boost up the physical moves.

The gameplay is awesome I'm wondering if rayquazas awakening is going to be cool and how the diving is going to look

I like the design, but how exactly is he supposed to stay upright without losing his balance. Does he have Levitate so that he can float above the ground? I ask this since it seems like all 4 of his claws are now used for attacking and none seem to be supporting his actual structure.

Back