• Thread starter Magitroopa
  • Start date
Magitroopa

Magitroopa

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Reactions: Reece, nicklesimba, Marc and 1 other person
MORE INFO ON THE MARIO KART 8 DLC:

"Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs include classics like Wario’s Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first AOC pack.

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

• 3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
  • 4 Vehicles
  • 8 Courses
Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

• 3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
  • 4 Vehicles
  • 8 Courses
As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away."

Reactions: 423, T-Player Guy, nicklesimba and 1 other person
I don't know what to say about this except... OMIGOSH!!!!!!!!!! This is totally awesome! I don't care that Link is in the game even though that takes away from the title Mario Kart! Truly amazing! Nintendo has outdone themselves this time!

Breathe... :nailbiting:

ANIMAL CROSSING DLC TO MARIO KART 8 AS WELL:
http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-d...art-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991122.html

10991122-1409070673-879396.jpg

"Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs include classics like Wario’s Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first AOC pack.

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

• 3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
  • 4 Vehicles
  • 8 Courses
Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

• 3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
  • 4 Vehicles
  • 8 Courses
As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away."

Reactions: Marc
Awesome that MK8 has some of the best series as DLC. The F-Zero Kart thing has been done before in MKW but Link and courses like the Excitebike and F-Fero courses just look awesome and fresh ideas (why didn't MK7 have this anyway? Maybe not to decrease the sales of the Wii U). The new suited characters just seems like Metal Mario and a reskin of the same things and I'm guessing each character has weight classes so it's not a big deal though they do look neat. This will certainly set the stage for a positive outlook on DLC in time for Smash.

That's quite some random DLC,but it's still awesome at the same time! :D

LINK IN MARIOKART????
Wat!!!! So much new!!!

£7 tho.. Now this is DLC I'd actually pay good money for and I hate paid DLC for most games. I'm not really liking the course DLC but I'm guessing it wouldn't lack players, considering how popular Mario Kart 8 is on the Wii U.

Can't wait to play as Link, :love:

i knew about the DLC from checking out the cutting room floor's mario kart 8 page but holy crap nintendo has gone all out and heck maybe they can surprise us even more with other random stuff like examples being nokonoko beach the beta track from mario kart DS now that would blow so many minds

Nintendo should just put Iwata in MK8. Then file for bankruptcy.

I think that you're all forgetting they confirmed DLC at E3.

no put in random characters like some pokemon and then have their company just not talk for a while and see the results

That's four versions of Mario and Peach.

Besides that, the DLC seems pretty good.

Reactions: BjFauble
That's four versions of Mario and Peach.

Besides that, the DLC seems pretty good.

Three versions.

Reactions: BjFauble
Regular, Metal, Baby, Cat/Tanooki I think is what @Icemario is talking about. 4 of them.
Ooooooohhhh snap baby, forgot about that.

Regular, Metal, Baby, Cat/Tanooki I think is what @Icemario is talking about. 4 of them.
Yeah, those are the four.

Damn, once I get a Wii U, I might just buy DLC for the first time ever. Loving it, and it's great that this game is wholesome without DLC also. :D

When the first DLC comes out, I bet you anything Link will be the next Funky Kong or Metal Mario in Mario Kart. I don't really care if that happens, but if it does you will be the first to hear it from me lol.

When the first DLC comes out, I bet you anything Link will be the next Funky Kong or Metal Mario in Mario Kart. I don't really care if that happens, but if it does you will be the first to hear it from me lol.

Every game has it's "awkward" one. Here are a few I think are "awkward" characters:

Mario Kart Wii: Funky Kong
Mario Kart 7: Honey Queen, Wiggler
Mario Kart 8: PGP (Pink Gold Peach), Baby Rosalina
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: R.O.B

To be honest, I don't think Link will be one of those sort of characters, I mean, he is just DLC... It's not like he came with the game when you first get it. And also, if you think Link is one of those characters, then I guess you will consider Isabelle and Villager to be one of those characters as well???

Back