List Of 3DS Titles With Download Play

• Thread starter Memento Mori
  • Start date
Memento Mori

Memento Mori

Reapers' Game's Producer.
Towns Folk
Well, I'm making a list of 3DS games with multiplayer features that only require one of the 3DS consoles to have the game. Feel free to add to it if I missed any :p
  • Mario Tennis Open
  • Tetris Axis
  • Pac-Man Party 3D
  • Cooking Mama 4
  • Steel Driver
  • Deca Sports Extreme
  • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
  • Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Starfox 64 3D (2-4 player, different play modes, only one arena)
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (2-8 players, only 1 course, no any options, nor for host, nor for guests)
  • Mario Kart 7 ( 2-8 players, connected players play as Shy Guy on standard kart, but host may select character and car options, all courses and play modes available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ExSol and ErixSan
So, we can play these games with someone with a 3DS over Local Wireless, that's same like DS but can we do it over WiFi? Because I always see this Join a Friends game option in the Friends section.

I wish you could play over wi-fi now that would be cool. :0

Lol, I don't think you can use "Download Play" over the WiFi. The join a friend option is just in case you both have the game.

I know that but it would be a cool feature though right? :0

Lol, I don't think you can use "Download Play" over the WiFi. The join a friend option is just in case you both have the game.
meh! that sucks only if we could play a game over WiFi like that... I mean with download play that'd be really awesome.

Lol I think it would be a bit complicated though. It would be a bit harder to share the games over long distances compared to doing it locally. It would lag more than when you use the eShop.

Add Sonic Lost World to the list.

can you please make the list longer. with all the DS games added. that would be nice if you would do that.

And now we have new Mario Party ;)

Just out of curiosity, how does this variety compare to what the DS Download Play option offered? Was there a lot more for DS, or is 3DS ahead or getting there?

Mario Kart 7 has online wifi play though... That's the only good one with online play other than Pokemon X and Y, It kinda sucks... NINTENDO ADD MORE ONLINE GAMEPLAY!

Ahh didn't know there were many games with download play xD I thought Mario kart 7 was the only game with download play but the new release of Mario Party has download play as well.

Ahh didn't know there were many games with download play xD I thought Mario kart 7 was the only game with download play but the new release of Mario Party has download play as well.
Yeah, a looooot of games have download play available. It's been around since the DS for a lot of games so it's really not too surprising that there are 3DS games with it lol

Mario Party: Island Tour, Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed missed. By the way, to make list more useful, I think need to describe limits of Download Play for these games. For example, from what I played:
1 ) Starfox 64 3D - 2-4 player, different play modes, only one arena
2) Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - 2-8 players, only 1 course, no any options, nor for host, nor for guests
3) Mario Kart 7 - 2-8 players, connected players play as Shy Guy on standard kart, but host may select character and car options, all courses and play modes available.

Last edited:
Lol I think it would be a bit complicated though. It would be a bit harder to share the games over long distances compared to doing it locally. It would lag more than when you use the eShop.

Well, that depends. maybe the guest 3DS could keep the game's data in the memory, or save it on the SD(cache), then load it every time it's needed. That would be awesome I agree, but I doubt Nintendo would do it anyway.

Thanks for posting this list. I wish more games used this.

It's terrible that NSMB2 had no download play like its predecessor. Download Play is what made the original game so much fun for my friends and I since we could play 1 on 1 versus with just one copy of the game. NSMB2, on the other hand, has no versus or download play, making the co-op the only option for multiplayer (and it isn't very fun).

The best download play I've played so far is Dark Moon since I got to take part in all the ghost-busting action without having to purchase the game. Thanks Nintendo!

Seems like you got just about everything I know of 3DS download play! I was super disappointed that monster hunter 3 ultimate didn't have the download play feature which sucked :/

Back