KH3D-DDD Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

• Thread starter fantanoice
  • Start date
fantanoice

fantanoice

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Has anybody played this? What were your thoughts?

Honestly, I only picked this up because I loved The World Ends With You, and this game has some of the characters from it (in glorious 3D).

From what I played of it (my first Kingdom Hearts game), it was pretty fun gameplay-wise, but not being able to control when your two characters switched was kind of a pain. I also didn't get very far in it.

What did you think of it?

Reactions: embracethedream
It's also my first Kingdom Hearts game and I only battled that evil queen of the sea character from The Little Mermaid. Pretty good game if you ask me. I should start playing it again, :oops:

I've only played the demo, and I actually really liked it. The 3D is awesome. Might consider getting the full game. I've never owned a KH game, so this would be the first if I do decide to get it. xD

It's the game I bought with my 3DS, so it's my first actual 3D game. As a KH fan, I really enjoyed it. The gameplay was smooth, and it was pretty fun. I could freak out about how awesome it is, but then I'd blurt out spoilers by accident, haha.
Seeing all the TWEWY characters in 3D was fun too, haha.
Flow-motion.~
7/10

I have kh3d Im now by young xehanort and its soooooooooo hard
i am playing this game on ciritical

i have played kh1 and kh2 too
ITS Awsoooooooooomeee
Sora__s_Smiley_by_hatedxloved14.png

My reaction is blech. I didn't really like it, as the combos are highly restrained and the bosses are kind of boring. I think KH2 and BBS reigns superior KH DeDede. The only thing i truly enjoyed was the story. The story lets you in on small ni lets of the whole KH story

This two was my first kingdom hearts game (I played the others with my cousin who actually Owned every single game in the franchise much to my surprise) and I have to say, the bosses are well balance, the level design is eh kind of good despite how some were super short, there are a lot of spells in the game and tons of attacks which are fun for me, one of the modes i liked was that event where you pit your dreameaters against others to level them up and win points to use in exhcange for prizes and stuff. I like this game because of its wide use of different Disney worlds. (I think the tron world was a letdown though,)

I really enjoyed the game, I didn't care for the dream creature pet part of it but overall it really added something to the story.

I only played the demo for this game, and it was pretty good. I always have this problem with these portable KH's though, I disliked the controls, I don't know why, but it seemed uncomfortable, aside from the controls the game looks pretty fun.

I remember playing the demo a long time ago and I can say the graphics were pretty nice. I remember being a bit confused in the demo, although that probably was just due to me being inattentive rather than it being a fault of the game. I might pick up the demo again to get a feel of what it was again, but I don't see myself buying it in the near future unless an opportunity arises.

It's a great game, if you follow the series (start from Kingdom Hearts for PS2). I doubt people that don't follow the series can understand the story and maybe confused a little. The gameplay is completely different than The World Ends With You. On the other side the game is so fluid that every move look awesome and it told a great story. But the pet system is bad and the game camera looks terribly. I suggest you buy a gamepad pro for 3DS because the default camera is really bad to control without it.

i have the same thoughts about this game as you do also some of the boss battles in the game really irritated me (young xehanort im looking at you):rage:

I like the overall gameplay and variety of the combos (when playing the demo version) and the story has gone so far as to give away spoilers stuff from KH3 perhaps. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this game if you've played previous ones but if you're really into the story and core mechanics of it maybe. It's not the best but probably not the worst.

It's a really good game, but if you decide to start the KH series with this, you'll probably have a hard time following the story well, and if you decide to play the previous games after this, you might find them lacking due to the new gameplay mechanics added in DDD. So, I'd personally recommend you try the other games before 3D.

I was the same it was the first 3ds game I bought and I'm a huge fan of it.
Since I first got the game I decided that Dream drop distance was my favorite of the four kingdom hearts games ive played.
I've played KH358/2, kh recoded, KH Chain of memories, and KH Dream Drop Distance.
These games were all nice but in Dream Drop Distance the different things you can do and use are fun and extremely useful. For example Flowmotion it lets you get anywhere u can go on the map plus you can attack with it, that's why I think it's extremely useful.
Another feature that's fun is Flick Rush I've succeeded in getting all the gold medals and have the highest rank possible its just difficult to do.
It was a very fun game and would be even better if it he online multiplayer so u can play with your friends.
It's the game I bought with my 3DS, so it's my first actual 3D game. As a KH fan, I really enjoyed it. The gameplay was smooth, and it was pretty fun. I could freak out about how awesome it is, but then I'd blurt out spoilers by accident, haha.
Seeing all the TWEWY characters in 3D was fun too, haha.
Flow-motion.~
7/10

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! I read the manga and understand the story plot. The graphic are GREAT in 3D (MY Uncles hate becaues they cant see the screen) The story is sad but fun at the same time. Overall It's A FANTASTIC GAME!!!!!

I like Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance it's very cool game! I love all worlds in the game!
The Kingdom Hearts series is my favourite game! :D

tumblr_n5dtq3Kxmw1s5mj91o2_250.jpg

Has anybody played this? What were your thoughts?

Honestly, I only picked this up because I loved The World Ends With You, and this game has some of the characters from it (in glorious 3D).

From what I played of it (my first Kingdom Hearts game), it was pretty fun gameplay-wise, but not being able to control when your two characters switched was kind of a pain. I also didn't get very far in it.

What did you think of it?
I have play it i loved it great way to end it for the upcoming kingdom hearts 3. i also liked the ending for it it was very surprising we now know another guardian of light.

I have played many other kingdom hearts games, and I still don’t exactly understand what is happening in the story. I think the gameplay is great and it was nice for them to change it up for more movement options. Just like other kingdom hearts games the final boss is a massive difficulty spike so I didn’t finish it.
(Funny story) my brother actually said that the first person who beat both kingdom hearts 1 and 2 would get the second dream drop distance file. I made it to the final boss of both games and told him i had done it. Kingdom hearts final bosses require a lot of exp farming and i had allready seen the ending by watching my brother play so it wasn’t worth it to me, and i wanted that dream drop file. Sense it doesn’t save after you beat the final boss then both save files looked legit.

Back