Tomodachi Life Is Tomodachi Life a Good Game??

• Thread starter KEWYoda
  • Start date
I only played the demo but I couldn't really tell much since you don't get to explore many options but, personally, I liked it. I don't think it would be something you could sit there and play for hours unlike AC: NL, unless you really like it and get into it. Like the others have said, I also suggest you try the demo first.

Reactions: KEWYoda
Cool!!! Just tried the demo. Seems good, but not a lot of content to explore. Seems like a game worth $20. It wont ever go that low, unless by some miracle. But, when it loses its popularity, the price will go down a bit. Thanks for all your help!!!

Hey fellow 3DS Pedians!!! :)
Im here to ask one question,
Is Tomodachi Life a Good game to get?? Now, I have played Animal Crossing New Leaf and loved it to bits. Im now unsure whether to get Tomkdachi Life for the upcoming Easter holiday. People seem to be spilt in their opinions. So, i thought why Not ask you guys. Reply down below your opinions and maybe some funny things that happened during your gaming experience. :)
Yes, tomodachi life is a good game because of the fact that you can get to use your own little personal miis and to try and make them happy because it gives you a new angle on different levels of character management, it's an enjoyable game because you can make so many different things happen and things can take a turn at any moment and that there is so much choice that you have in relation to the looks traits and personalities.

I only played the demo but I couldn't really tell much since you don't get to explore many options but, personally, I liked it. I don't think it would be something you could sit there and play for hours unlike AC: NL, unless you really like it and get into it. Like the others have said, I also suggest you try the demo first.
You have a point there because of the fact that I had played the original animal crossing game and it just seemed like a bit of a step up from that because of the fact that you are managing all the different little personalities of the miis on your island, it's a close second after animal crossing new leaf and it's very enjoyable because it has so many diversities and that it's just such a good game in a lot of areas

The game gives you lots of options with how you care for and customize the miis in there dress, what you feed them and who you have them interact with. The game does get repetitive if you're playing for hours on end but it's a great time waster if you're waiting for the bus, at the doctors office, or just want to burn a few minutes here and there. If you enjoyed animal crossing I would definitely recommend the game. keep adding miis and don't spend to much time on it each day and it will stay fresh for a while.

I don't know if I want it either. Reading through it, my opinion is final. Thanks guys! Now I know, this game wont be owned by me! Looks too GET boring and repetitive, which what happens in Animal Crossings. But, looks like a fun game that will last a week or month! Lol! :wtf:

At first it seemed like the best game ever, but after a while it gets boring . I found myself waiting a very long time before deleting my file and playing the game over again. I just love all my other games so much that I rarely play Tomodachi life anymore To me, it should have had more to do and could've been turned into something more preferable but, This is just my opinion. It got increasingly repetitive over time.

It's a fun game imo. Of course it will get repetitive after awhile, but just stop playing and come back to it later like every other game. I like how my Miis can finally interact with each other. Haha I even have my own OCs and Gijinkas and characters from animes and games, and I'm really happy to see them do stuff together since I can't draw well :p It's like a huge cross over lol. Since I want to see my characters come to life and not in my head, it's kinda perfect lol

It also might be because I'm a people watcher irl, I prefer to watch then interact most of the time, so basically it's like watching people except no body will think l'm weird watching the person thinking l'm a stalker haha.

I really do enjoy it, but I do restart my game at times after a long time. Overall, it's a good time passer mainly like these people said, but for me, I play it a lot and I still do to this day.

Animal Crossing New Leaf looks fun, but it's going to be a lot of work lol and you're the mayor of the town. So if I don't play it in 2 days straight something is sure to happen, one of my villagers might leave, or the town will be ruined. I just don't have alll that time to play it all day everyday. Maybe I want to play my other games, but I don't want the town ruined, I dunno. But it still looks fun though haha

Last edited:
Animal crossing is a boring game.
But tomodachi life shouldnt dissapoint you.
We can write our own songs and our mii will sing them.
We can unlock the stage mode.
We can embarass people we hate by making them a chicken.
We can play with friends.
We can challenge friends.
We can eavesdropp on our friends.
We can talk to friends.
We can walk with friends.

No. Tomodachi life gets really repetitive and after you have played the game for5-10 hours you have seen most of the things the game has to offer. If you like animal crossing, get another animal crossing game instead. Tomodachi life is not worth the money.

If your taste in a game matches that of Sims, or any other laid back life-simulator, you are more likely to enjoy Tomodachi Life than the standard gamer. Although, there does seem to be a daily limit when it comes to how many times you can help your Mii residents, but that's not the entirety of the game, so it's not too much of a problem. :jimlad:

If you like messing with virtual life, then this game would be perfect for you. You can watch how your miis interact with each other. You can also place you and your friends in there and try how they would react to each other

It reminds me a bit of animal crossing with a lot less control. It is a very laid-back game that is easy to just pick up and play whenever. It's a good game to play if you just want to unwind and relax for a little while as you wat h your mii's get into arguments and try to propose with one another.

Animal crossing is a boring game.
But tomodachi life shouldnt dissapoint you.
We can write our own songs and our mii will sing them.
We can unlock the stage mode.
We can embarass people we hate by making them a chicken.
We can play with friends.
We can challenge friends.
We can eavesdropp on our friends.
We can talk to friends.
We can walk with friends.

I would say the opposite. While Animal Crossing: New leaf is my second favorite 3ds game, (MH4U is my first.) tomodatchi life got boring rather quickly. It was cool and funny for a while, but after some time it just got boring. Especially since you don't really do much playing, but more observing. Its not a bad game it just wasn't something that could keep my interest for a long time.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a game, more of a thing you would play in a while for fun to see what your Mii characters are up to. However it is so much fun for me that I think it could be defined as a game in a weird way, but I do not think you should play it on a regular basis because then it would become boring. In the end I think it is kinda like a Animal Crossing game but it's more funny and less serious.

Yes me i find it as a really good game because since the 3ds was out in 2010 ,i wish to see a game where we can play with them like in tomodochi . I feel to bored to be playing acarde games with cards in the 3ds ; especially when i misplace them . Tomodochi life it is just like SIMS if know it but i prefer tomodochi than it .

Good news: They're charging what it's worth. $20 price tag in e-shop, last I checked. Not a temporary deal, either.

The demo did seem fun, though I don't have the game myself.
I don't think I'll get it. Rune Factory 4 has so much replayability on its own, anyway. With Tomodachi Life, I'm not seeing any redeeming qualities.

I thought that Tomodahci Life was an excellent concept that was executed pretty well but needs much more content. It seems like Nintendo was trying to go with a Sims styled approach to this game, but while the Sims provides hours of content and entertainment, Tomodachi Life quickly becomes repetitive.

I would say it is but I would also say that it's not for everyone. Some don't like the style of play it has but it still a pretty cute game with fun and random things that happen from time to time. If your into the kind of game play it has then I would say give it a try but if you don't like things close to a sim like game then it's best to skip it. All and all it's really up to you and your style of games you like to play a lot of to really consider it a good game. Everyone has their different likes and dislikes when it comes to games.

I wasn't sure at first but after playing it for a couple hours, I realize it's a great game!

I know this is late but the restore has a tomadachi demo you should try it out for free then th
Hey fellow 3DS Pedians!!! :)
Im here to ask one question,
Is Tomodachi Life a Good game to get?? Now, I have played Animal Crossing New Leaf and loved it to bits. Im now unsure whether to get Tomkdachi Life for the upcoming Easter holiday. People seem to be spilt in their opinions. So, i thought why Not ask you guys. Reply down below your opinions and maybe some funny things that happened during your gaming experience. :)

Back