Bravely Default Is Bravely Default worth picking up ?

• Thread starter mrlmaokun
  • Start date
mrlmaokun

mrlmaokun

I am the chosen one.
Towns Folk
Been on the fence with it because I always heard mixed views, but after playing Final Fantasy XIII and VII I really feel as if I should try it. However, it's out of print now and the price is rising up each day and I'm only interested in getting it physical. It's between this and Fates with the budget I'm on, and I hope I can make the right choice.

wait a minute, you played 13 and 8?! god bless your soul, i guess. wait, thats a 7, sorry. if you really like FE awakening, get fates, meanwhile same with ff and default, but do know fates is dlc packed and chapter 5 and 6 in bravly (game is split into chapters) is nothing but pure battles from what i have heard. so, go with bravly, because if you dont like it at all you can sell it for higher due to rising price.

Well the rising price is due to the fact that Bravely Second has finally been announced for NA release. I mean it's about time because I have been waiting for a long while lol. Although Final Fantasy explorers just came out today, so yeaaaaahhh I am not entirely sure what im gonna get.

Yes I have played Bravely Default myself and it is my favorite JRPG of all time I recommend you buy Bravely Default. :D

Check out the free demo, it's really neat. I'm content with the demo so I didn't get the full version. It does keep me occupied for hours and hours though, I've completed the whole story I guess.
I might get the second release because I like it! (depends on the demo, maybe I'll just play the demo again haha)

So you just played the Demo for hours?? o_O

So I'm guessing it's in depth RPG gameplay rather than replaying a single scenario isn't it ?

bro its worth it get it. its a good game for long trips it can be beat in 50 hours but if your like and want to do all side quests, lets say ive put more than 100 hours into it but i am a slow gammer so yeah. worth getting i have a nemisis that gives elixes so if you get the game ill friend you and send you the nemisis

You should only get Bravely Default if you like classic turnbased RPGs from the NES era because I played the game (myself not being a fan of the RPGs from the NES era) and I completely despised the game.

You should only get Bravely Default if you like classic turnbased RPGs from the NES era because I played the game (myself not being a fan of the RPGs from the NES era)

This was my first turnbased combat game and I really enjoyed it. you just need to know what you are getting into before you buy a game. im not a big fan of turnbased combat but i really liked this one with all the diffferent things you could do to suit your playing style.

Check out the free demo, it's really neat. I'm content with the demo so I didn't get the full version. It does keep me occupied for hours and hours though, I've completed the whole story I guess.
I might get the second release because I like it! (depends on the demo, maybe I'll just play the demo again haha)
I'm playing the demo a lot currently xD
Now I really really want the game =P Really good gameplay and soundtrack >.<

Reactions: faustine
So you just played the Demo for hours?? o_O

So I'm guessing it's in depth RPG gameplay rather than replaying a single scenario isn't it ?
Man I've always loved RPGs but this one took me by surprise. first of all I didn't fully comprehend the Brave and Default battle options and then the Battle Points confused me too but then after a few battles you get the hang of it, and now I have to say it is my all time favorite 3ds game. It is very in-depth and you cannot go back and play single chapters or sub-chapters but you can rematch all unlocked videos. I really can't recommend this game enough for any JRPG, RPG fan.

My hubby has the game and he seems to enjoy it. To me it looks really nice and the story is good. It just depends if you like rpgs and you like the look of it . If the game interest you enough then I'd say it would be worth the buy cause the game is done very well and the art style is nice . All and all it seems like a really good game.

While I personally like Bravely Default, get Fates first, then after the Bravely Second hype dies down, look into getting it, as there should be more and the price should die down a bit.

Back