Support Needed Injured 3DS

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I saw a split in my New 3DS, I can smell battery acid, when I play for a long time now.
Should I get it repaired, or I'm just smelling it because of the opening?

I saw a split in my New 3DS, I can smell battery acid, when I play for a long time now.
Should I get it repaired, or I'm just smelling it because of the opening?
you should get it repaired, or at least check the battery to make sure there is no acid leaking, also since it is a new 3ds contact nintendo and they may repair it for free

Reactions: Kakea
I've had my 3ds repaired by Nintendo for free twice. They are very nice and helpful. You just have to make sure that the damage wasn't caused by misuse, or something you did. Like drop it, drop it in water, or step on it type of things. As long as its still under warranty you should be able to get it repaired for free.

I've had my 3ds repaired by Nintendo for free twice. They are very nice and helpful. You just have to make sure that the damage wasn't caused by misuse, or something you did. Like drop it, drop it in water, or step on it type of things. As long as its still under warranty you should be able to get it repaired for free.

I had it for little over a year... It was fine, but yesterday I noticed a battery smell...
I'm not sure what happened between the day before yesterday, and yesterday...
I might have to pay... :(

I think the warranty is only for one year, so you probably will have to get it repaired. I would suggest doing it now and not waiting till later or else the problem will probably get worse and you'd have to pay more for the repair, or just get an entirely new system.

Alright... I'll have to see how to back up everything first: @P2.0 said
they'll erase everything, so I'm seeing if I could make a backup file.
I'm not sure how to connect it to my tablet though...
Wish me luck :vamp:

They don't always erase it,but sometimes they have to so a back up is good. All you really need to do though is take out the SD card and keep it at home with you. If they need to SD card too, just make a copy of it before you send it off.

They don't always erase it,but sometimes they have to so a back up is good. All you really need to do though is take out the SD card and keep it at home with you. If they need to SD card too, just make a copy of it before you send it off.

I wanted to, but I don't have a small screw driver to open The New 3DS...
I'll have to do the COMPLICATED folder thing :punch: :vamp:

Its not that complicated, just go to system settings, data management, microSD management, and then hook it up wirelessly to your WiFi. It should show up under "systems" or "Network" in you computers file explorer depending on what type of computer you have. Then just copy the SD card to your computer. I've accessed my SD card many times this way, and It has always worked well for me. I do have windows computers, I don't know how well it works with others.

microSD. Is the new 3ds take a smaller SD card. I never known that. I guess the sd card won't work for my pc with new one then. Since they are small.

I'm doing it now, but my tablet says it'll take 6 hours...
I hope everything goes through safely...

It does take a while, so that's normal. Mine took about 4-5 hours, but that was on a PC so I would imagine that it would take longer for a tablet. Hope it works, and that the repair isn't to expensive. Hope I helped. :pompus:

One more thing: How much will this cost?

Back