RMT / Team Help I need help with my Uber team

• Thread starter coolflare
  • Start date
coolflare

coolflare

The flame of wonder and coolness
Towns Folk
Hello! This time, I have an Uber team I currently want evaluated by you guys! Here is what I currently have:

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Protect

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Pursuit

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Zekrom @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Hone Claws
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 232 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Foul Play
- U-turn

Any weakness my team has or Pokemon you might suggest over others? Please say so sown in the comments

Bump

So taking a look at this, I decided to try it out, and had this fight:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-526800586

I didn't realize it immediately, but this team is ground weak, and anything that counters your Yveltal and has a ground move is a massive problem for you. If max speed Jolly Groudon, or the seemingly more common one with Rock Polish appears, your team can't counter it, and that's a huge problem. You also lack any kind of hazard control, and I honestly feel like it's quite a bit more important in Ubers.

Who in this team do you definitely want to keep?

So taking a look at this, I decided to try it out, and had this fight:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-526800586

I didn't realize it immediately, but this team is ground weak, and anything that counters your Yveltal and has a ground move is a massive problem for you. If max speed Jolly Groudon, or the seemingly more common one with Rock Polish appears, your team can't counter it, and that's a huge problem. You also lack any kind of hazard control, and I honestly feel like it's quite a bit more important in Ubers.

Who in this team do you definitely want to keep?
I'm a keep Gengar but other than that, I'm open to suggestions.

klefki.gif
gengar-mega.gif
yveltal.gif
groudon.gif

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Groudon @ Red Orb
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Alright, so I made changes to your Gengar and Yveltal. Gengar and Yveltal are a old common core from Gen 6 who typically had very good synergy together, and complemented each other's weaknesses well. On Gengar, Protect is dropped because it has no relevance in Gen 7, and Focus Blast added over Shadow Ball to keep Extreme Killer Arceus in check (252 SpA Gengar-Mega Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 274-324 (71.7 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock A.K.A. you need a little extra damage beforehand or some faster priority); it also has perfect coverage in tandem with Sludge Wave or Sludge Bomb. I changed out Scarfed Yveltal for Life Orb Yveltal because Yveltal wants the extra power on it's attacks. The speed it's running outpaces the neutral base 90's that crowd the Uber tier and ties with a common bench mark for a lot of defensive Arceus sets that Yveltal should be able to handle with Dark Pulse.

I personally don't like Sassy Groudon due to it's lackluster speed versus other Groudon, but I left it as is; when playing your team the other night, I felt your team greatly benefited from a Spikes setter, so I swapped out Aegislash for Klefki, as Aegislash was not beneficial to your team, while Klefki had better synergy with those three mon being able to hazard stack with Groudon and hinder things like Rayray, Mence, Pdon, and Darkrai.

Those four should have decent synergy together, as for Xern and Zekrom, I would suggest swapping them out for other mon. We still have a Ground weakness, so a sweeper, wallbreaker, or revenge killer not weak to ground moves would be appreciated. I'd suggest Rayray, but in adding Rayray, you'd have to be extra wary of Arceus-Ground, as it often runs Ice or Rock coverage, and would threaten both Yveltal and Rayray, and could leave you in crappy situations. You also still need a hazard remover, so I also think the common physical Giratina-O could work out for you, as it also adds some priority to your team, while not being 4x weak to ice, nor threatened by rock moves. Ho-Oh, Normal and Ghost type Arceus could work out for you, too, as sweepers, so you' have some choices for those last two spots, do your research. Just definitely do have a Defogger, and after you've made your choices, be sure your team can counter everything listed here as S or A rank: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-ubers-viability-ranking-thread.3591388/#post-7165348

P. S. Definitely have a Zygarde slayer, yo; are you fine with these changes?​

Last edited:
klefki.gif
gengar-mega.gif
yveltal.gif
groudon.gif

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Groudon @ Red Orb
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Alright, so I made changes to your Gengar and Yveltal. Gengar and Yveltal are a old common core from Gen 6 who typically had very good synergy together, and complemented each other's weaknesses well. On Gengar, Protect is dropped because it has no relevance in Gen 7, and Focus Blast added over Shadow Ball to keep Extreme Killer Arceus in check (252 SpA Gengar-Mega Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 274-324 (71.7 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock A.K.A. you need a little extra damage beforehand or some faster priority); it also has perfect coverage in tandem with Sludge Wave or Sludge Bomb. I changed out Scarfed Yveltal for Life Orb Yveltal because Yveltal wants the extra power on it's attacks. The speed it's running outpaces the neutral base 90's that crowd the Uber tier and ties with a common bench mark for a lot of defensive Arceus sets that Yveltal should be able to handle with Dark Pulse.

I personally don't like Sassy Groudon due to it's lackluster speed versus other Groudon, but I left it as is; when playing your team the other night, I felt your team greatly benefited from a Spikes setter, so I swapped out Aegislash for Klefki, as Aegislash was not beneficial to your team, while Klefki had better synergy with those three mon being able to hazard stack with Groudon and hinder things like Rayray, Mence, Pdon, and Darkrai.

Those four should have decent synergy together, as for Xern and Zekrom, I would suggest swapping them out for other mon. We still have a Ground weakness, so a sweeper, wallbreaker, or revenge killer not weak to ground moves would be appreciated. I'd suggest Rayray, but in adding Rayray, you'd have to be extra wary of Arceus-Ground, as it often runs Ice or Rock coverage, and would threaten both Yveltal and Rayray, and could leave you in crappy situations. You also still need a hazard remover, so I also think the common physical Giratina-O could work out for you, as it also adds some priority to your team, while not being 4x weak to ice, nor threatened by rock moves. Ho-Oh, Normal and Ghost type Arceus could work out for you, too, as sweepers, so you' have some choices for those last two spots, do your research. Just definitely do have a Defogger, and after you've made your choices, be sure your team can counter everything listed here as S or A rank: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-ubers-viability-ranking-thread.3591388/#post-7165348

P. S. Definitely have a Zygarde slayer, yo; are you fine with these changes?​
I like them. I played uber a little and did some research in XY but I stayed in OU ultimately. Any tips from anyone is gladly appreciated but, what about a Xerneas check? HP ground Power Herb Xerneas still hurts my team and some of the suggestions you gave me exept Ho-oh but he has many exploitable weakness like Stone Edge Groudon. Something very inportant considering your trying to cover my Current Ground weakness... Might use Lele as a Revenge killer but what role does the new Yveltal serve? Wall breaker?

Yes, a wallbreaker. Yveltal's stab attacks hit everything in the tier, and it's very proficient as an offensive threat to most things. This said, Lele probably has bad synergy with the set you're running, as Life Orb Ygod relies on Sucker Punch to pick up a lot of the kills it sets up.

If you want to be sure you can counter boosted Xern, you can run Red Card on Klefki to haze it's boosts. Your Groudon is an excellent soft check to Xern, and can also haze it out with Roar. So you should have no problems with Xern.

You really do need a defogger tho, and I think Giratina works for you.

Yes, a wallbreaker. Yveltal's stab attacks hit everything in the tier, and it's very proficient as an offensive threat to most things. This said, Lele probably has bad synergy with the set you're running, as Life Orb Ygod relies on Sucker Punch to pick up a lot of the kills it sets up.

If you want to be sure you can counter boosted Xern, you can run Red Card on Klefki to haze it's boosts. Your Groudon is an excellent soft check to Xern, and can also haze it out with Roar. So you should have no problems with Xern.

You really do need a defogger tho, and I think Giratina works for you.
Now I need to start over ORAS and my XY games to get what I need. Thank you Kream!

Reactions: Mr. Kream
Back