How to EV Train in Pokemon X/Y (Guide)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Is it 510, or 508? On Showdown, it's 508
It's 510 EVs in total. Pokemon Showdown has it as 508 because the remaining 2 EVs go to a waste since they do not reach 4 to contribute to another 1 point (remember, 4 EVs = 1 stat point).

It's 510 EVs in total. Pokemon Showdown has it as 508 because the remaining 2 EVs go to a waste since they do not reach 4 to contribute to another 1 point (remember, 4 EVs = 1 stat point).
Ok, Thanks for the clarification

I do not train my pokemon like this : I do not care of the EVs but I really don't care of this. I think all the pokemon cann beat other if he is very lucky. I've beat my friends with the luck. I love when they are raging.

I do not train my pokemon like this : I do not care of the EVs but I really don't care of this. I think all the pokemon cann beat other if he is very lucky. I've beat my friends with the luck. I love when they are raging.
Yeah, I used to have a very similar mindset before @FirstSerpent swept my team with a M-Sayble and Seismitoad. EVs and IVs are sometimes game deciding and need to be respected. The stat difference is of a Pokemon without proper EV training and IV breeding is something to be feared when you use a run of the mill Pokemon that isn't trained in the slightest. In a battle, you don't want to be relying on luck alone, it won't turn out well in your favour.

First and foremost, I'd like to say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with playing Pokémon without breeding for IV's or EV training. People like playing against their friends like this, and that's perfectly fine. As long as you're having fun, you should be playing Pokémon however you want.
But, In a competitive sense these are vital to make your 'mons stronger. In case there's a misconception here, let me break it down for you.
IVs and EVs actually determine how high a Pokémon's stats can go. There are, however multiple guides on this on the pedia's Pokémon category itself, so I don't feel the need to dive into it here to make my point. If you do however feel like looking into the topic, here are a few links to get you started:

However, this stat difference between a non-EV trained Pokémon and one designed for competitive play coupled with the fact that competitive Pokémon trainers usually build a team with synergy in mind (This means that they build a team around 2-3 Pokemon they want to use together, and try to cover up for their weaknesses with other Pokemon to complement them) You'd struggle against someone who has a well built competitive team if you were using the team you just put together to clear the game.

Great guide marc o don't hav x or y tho lol but this looked lretty good

Back