Tutorial HomePass for 9.X.X 3DS Systems

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, i have a problem. my hosted network dont have a network access and my 3ds cant connect to it.

Then, you have messed up. An hosted network shares your computer's connection, so it means that your computer basically have a problem while accessing Internet

how much time does it need to pass before i get a streetpass? i need to know since it´s done with the mac thingy and i really want to see them coming. i hope someone responds as quickly as possible please. i apreaciate it.

I use TMAC v6 and Virtual Router to make mine work

heres a picture. I covered up personal info, but all you need is showing. Just be sure to change the Mac address to one on the spreadsheet, and press start on the virtual router.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:
I use TMAC v6 and Virtual Router to make mine work
how do you use them?

TMAC v6 is the window on the left, and Virtual Router is the window on the right. First, download them. Then type in what I have on my VR (SSID and password) and press "shared connection" and select Wi-Fi. From there on your TMAC, you'll see "Wi-Fi" click on the Mac Address for it and change it to something on the speadsheet I posted. I used 4E-53-50-4F-4F-48. Then go back to the VR and press Start Virtual Router

I'm currently trying to run a homepass using a method from gbatemp and here... but both have failed me, sadly.
I'll keep working on it, but I'm happy to say I got my first real streetpass while out earlier today.

Were there any changes in the recent 3ds update? Mine was working and then now, it's not all of a sudden.

Small Update: This tutorial is no longer working as of the 9.3.0 Update. 9.2.0-20 3DS and lower should still be okay with it, but 9.3/9.4 messed up HomePass again. I'll update the tutorial once I'll find a way to make it work again.

it still says you get a nintendo zone on the thing on the bottem of the top screen dark i think they might have change the mac addresses for them just have to find out what the new ones are scratch that nvm doesnt pop up on the bottem it was a sec ago i could of sworn meh on well

Last edited:
it still says you get a nintendo zone on the thing on the bottem of the top screen dark i think they might have change the mac addresses for them just have to find out what the new ones are scratch that nvm doesnt pop up on the bottem it was a sec ago i could of sworn meh on well

No, 9.3.0 breaks HomePass again, and this time, it's no longer a story of MAC addresses. They modified on purpose how most of the Nintendo Zones works so the 3DS becomes harder to trick.
Of course, there's still a way to do it, but it takes longer to get StreetPass hits (should be around 15-30 minutes instead of 1-5).

Also, Nintendo Zone detection is only based on SSID recognition and has only a small relation with StreetPass anyway (it's just used to connect to the NZ StreetPass servers)

Edit: I'll provide a new tutorial for 9.3.0/9.4.0 firmwares below. Just give me time to write it.

Last edited:
HOMEPASS FOR 9.3.0/9.4.0 FIRMWARES
Due to so many difficulties I've met with the 9.4.0 firmware, and since the cause of those difficulties is the 9.3.0 firmware, I'm writing a guide for BOTH firmwares so you can get StreetPasses on them as well.
Ready ? Here we go !

First, let's check if you WLAN card supports MAC spoofing. Go to http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/maccheck.cmd, and save the script at the root of your C:\ drive. Then, open it as an administrator and wait 2-3 minutes. The script will report a bunch of numbers. If you get a row of zeroes with 2 ones, then, you're okay! But if the script only sends zeroes, then, sorry, but I can't help.
Okay, the card's ready. Now, download this small executable: http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/nzone.exe, and same operation, save it at the root of C:\. Don't worry, this file has nothing malicious, so, may want to toggle off your antivirus while using it (Avast reported the thing to be a VBScript virus, I toggled it off, it was fine, and my PC didn't exploded/got flooded by lots of virus or stuff like that. You can do it, it's safe.)
So, we now have everything needed. Open a command prompt as an administrator, and navigate to C:\.
To do it, press Windows + X (Windows 8/8.1), and select Command Prompt (admin), and type "cd C:\" in it.
The easy part. Once you're at the root of your C:\ drive in the command prompt, type "nzone.exe start BASE16/BASE256".
It'll start a Nintendo Zone. BASE16 is used for the 16 Prime MAC Addresses (4E...40 to 4E...4F), while BASE256 covers 256 MAC addresses, but you might get lower StreetPass hits. Also, each BASE option has a special cooldown period before switching MAC, so, be careful about it. The same goes for the 3DS, who can only StreetPass each MAC each 8 hours.
Okay, time to configure the 3DS!!... Okay, I lied about this. In a fact, all you have to do is disable all of your home connections in the 3DS's Internet settings, and go back to the Home Menu. The 3DS will automatically connect to the Nintendo Zone, so, you don't need to configure it. Also, I noticed that I was able to use the Nintendo Zone Viewer without getting any error codes, so, if you're curious, you might want to give it a try (but for some people, it might still not work).
That's it. Now, wait for the homepass. It might take between 5-30 minutes before getting any hits, but you'll still get some.
If you want to toggle off the Nintendo Zone, open the command prompt as an admin again, go back to your C:\ drive in it, and type "nzone.exe stop", and the Nintendo Zone will stop.

Happy HomePassing!

Can confirm the new method works, just got myself an eon ticket in under one minute. Thank you so much D4rkDragon!

Reactions: D4rkDragon
dark on step one is it the first row of zeros mine shows like this 0000001000000001 want to make sure this is right also how you do the mac adress part is it the same as always like how you change the mac address before or what im getting nintendo zone but not sure how it works though

dark on step one is it the first row of zeros mine shows like this 0000001000000001 want to make sure this is right also how you do the mac adress part is it the same as always like how you change the mac address before or what im getting nintendo zone but not sure how it works though

This means your card supports MAC address spoofing. To change the MAC address, just type "nzone.exe start BASE16/256" in a command prompt started as an administrator (Ensure you have nzone.exe at the root of your C:\ drive, and that you typed "cd C:\" before !)

Otherwise, there's still Macshift somewhere on the Internet, still requires administrator privileges, but I'm not sure if the thing works. (I'll be making some tests soon)

looks like i need to turn off my password on my internet router cause i cant get any street passes >.> hope this fix it otherwise im be very mad sometimes this can be such a pain not geeting the internet thing on the top i did everything right try to turn off the password on my router that didnt work

looks like i need to turn off my password on my internet router cause i cant get any street passes >.> hope this fix it otherwise im be very mad sometimes this can be such a pain not geeting the internet thing on the top i did everything right try to turn off the password on my router that didnt work

No, you don't need to mess up with your router unless if you want to do the DD-WRT method (in which case it involves fiddling around, and it's way worse than the Linux (Debian/Ubuntu) method).
Leave the Hosted Network as is (WPA2-PSK), and just wait for the executable and the console to cycle through a compatible MAC.

And more, you can't modify the security of an hosted network.
So, just start the Nintendo Zone with BASE16 or BASE256 and wait. As I said, it might take a while before getting any StreetPasses, but it work (yep, blame the 9.3.0 update for that)!

HOMEPASS FOR 9.3.0/9.4.0 FIRMWARES

Any way to do this without nzone.exe? nzone.exe crashes my computer (causes Blue Screen of Death).

Any way to do this without nzone.exe? nzone.exe crashes my computer (causes Blue Screen of Death).

Let me guess... You have an Atheros card, right ? And what does maccheck.cmd says ?

does it cycle by itself if so wouldn't that mean it go too fast and i wont be abeal to get any street passes cause i was waiting for hours then i started to get annoyed also my security is wep not sure if that effects anything i hope it doesnt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back