Harvest Moon Harvest Moon Series

• Thread starter BrianXcalibur
  • Start date
BrianXcalibur

BrianXcalibur

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Didn't find a thread for the series, therefore I decided to make one to see if we can decide the next or even the best title already on the store :D

So, for now 3DS has 3 title from the franchise, no?

The Tale of Two Towns ($29.99)

The_Tale_of_Two_Towns_3DS.jpg

This one is a remake and I dont find any good reason to buy the 3DS version since I have the DS one :rolleyes:
They did good job to make it a bit interesting with town rivalries but it just made me bored after some time so I havent even try to finish Spring :dead:

A New Beginning ($39.99)

Anewbeginningusaboxart.png

I heard a lot for this one, many said this is the best that comes to the series :rolleyes:
Haven't try it yet so I can say nothing about it :p
But after reading reviews and screenshots even characters art and story from http://fogu.com/hm11/ it really makes me want to try it :p

Hometown Story ($39.99)

_-Hometown-Story-3DS-2DS-_.jpg

This one came to the 3DS and getting a price cut at eShop (can't remember it $19.99 or $29.99) :rolleyes:
The ultra cartoonish character arts really annoys me :dead:
cant help but giving this one a no-look futher in to the game

TBA - Connect to a New Land

So this is all from what I know :oops: So, maybe you can enlighten e with the 3DS series about what's good or bad, even pointing out if Hometown Story was an incredibly great game (?) :wacky:
Connect to a New Land has given me a signal of it being a good one as a successor for ANB :D

So, how's your thoughts? ;)

Reactions: Kaidan and Marc
Oh you got clone thread by yourself. Please ask @Marc for help.
Tales of Two Town remake was bad since there were many bugs, and no patch.
A New Beginning. Haven't tried this one.
Hometown Story. Not really good. Even Uematsu did not have his enchanting soundtracks. Only a few that were awesome. Basically this one has good story, but really boring gameplay. Want to buy the secondhand? :p

Reactions: Marc
I have A New Beginning. It's quite good, as you get to organize not only your farm however you want, but also the town. But like all Harvest Moons, you enter a routine and the game becomes repetitive and boring after a while. Still one of the better ones in the series though. The map is a little small.

Oh you got clone thread by yourself. Please ask @Marc for help.
Tales of Two Town remake was bad since there were many bugs, and no patch.
A New Beginning. Haven't tried this one.
Hometown Story. Not really good. Even Uematsu did not have his enchanting soundtracks. Only a few that were awesome. Basically this one has good story, but really boring gameplay. Want to buy the secondhand? :p

Lol i guess my connection made it a clone thread
Sorry for the trouble Mr @Marc :oops:

Well, after you explained that even uematsu can't make his "magic" with game it reduces my want to try rate even lower so hell no bro :whistle:

I have A New Beginning. It's quite good, as you get to organize not only your farm however you want, but also the town. But like all Harvest Moons, you enter a routine and the game becomes repetitive and boring after a while. Still one of the better ones in the series though. The map is a little small.

Hahaha yepp the ability to organize how your farm looks really intrigues me:D
By the way how is the dating system? I read in some forum (forgot where it was) that it would be hard to do multiple dating there (about viewing each heart event :rolleyes:)

@BrianXcalibur hahaha, don't worry much. Yeah, I suppose that Uematsu' music didn't work because of the game. Maybe Yasuhiro Wada's innovation was not really implemented. The story is really good, but lacks exploration and life sim. That makes itself boring, because Hometown Story isn't an adventure novel. Some of Uematsu's musics were good, but the others were bland, with little variation.

The Harvest Moon series has so many games I'm not even sure where I'd begin. I have some small memories of the N64 version, and (more recently) one of the GC ones, but that's about it. A lot of them look very similar to me.

Yeah it seems that way :D
By the way is there some sort of pokemon-like function there @dwikrid ?
Because there are some screenshots with the pokemon-like-pet there:rolleyes:

Yepp there are many from the previous console, but the 3ds release has only 3 released for now @TAG :D
The one giving off challenge is Harvestmoon DS where you try to catch-em-all lost sprite (in order to marry the Goddess :oops:)
Natsume inputs a dungeon-like-feature with the mines :D

@BrianXcalibur no, it's one of the main characters. There are several non-human characters in Hometown Story, even local gods/goddesses.
Oh, you can't forget Rune Factory 4, too! It's closer to Harvest Moon than Hometown Story's genre, actually.

Last edited:
ahhh.. I see they are inhabitants, what role do they play, @dwikrid ?

Is HomeTown story even a Harvest Moon game? What the heck, I thought it was a stand alone game. I've been fooled.

Is HomeTown story even a Harvest Moon game? What the heck, I thought it was a stand alone game. I've been fooled.

yepp it's one of the series in 3DS, looks like they (Yoshida Wada, from Harvest Moon )tried to make something new while grouping up with pokemon (Atsuko Nishida, artist) and final fantasy (Nobuo Uematsu, composer)
but after all the review, it only got "mediocre" at best :thumbsdown:

@BrianXcalibur depends on which character you mean. The sprite going along with us is a friend. There are, 3-4 deities I believe, controlling nature and stuff, telling people what to do related to their job (like, tree-cutting story).

The latest installation of Harvest Moon series has been confirmed for NA, as XSEED will publish them for the west players. :p
SS-key-art_low-rez.jpg

The game itself looks really good in the leaked images, as they will give full character customization etc to us players. Choosing gender is an option too! Well, overall it should be above Harvest Moon : A New Beginning in terms of quality.

Will see, when it would be released for NA in the near E3 2014 :p

The latest installation of Harvest Moon series has been confirmed for NA, as XSEED will publish them for the west players. :p
That's the 'Connect to a New Land' one, right? Sounds like it'll have multiplayer this time =P (but who knows)

Tale of Two Towns isn't a remake. The games were made at the same time on both systems.

I didn't enjoy Tale of Two Towns as much as the other games, haven't played A New Beginning yet. Although one of the games (Island of Happiness, I believe) I LOVED.

It's NOTHING like Harvest Moon. I guess it's more of a spinoff than anything...like Rune Factory.

a new update for the latest game!
It will be called "Story of Seasons" instead of the usual "Harvest Moon", since it will be XSEED not NATSUME who did the publishing. And Natsume got the rights for the name, so, they must change the title.

A new english screenshot has been released too, here it is:
story_seasons_04_thumb.jpg
story_seasons_11_thumb.jpg

story_seasons_02_thumb.jpg
story_seasons_05_thumb.jpg
story_seasons_07_thumb.jpg
story_seasons_06_thumb.jpg
story_seasons_09_thumb.jpg
story_seasons_10_thumb.jpg

Yeah, maybe they will add some multiplayer feature to this new game, but lets wait for an official footage @Marc :D

Ahh, I see.. I thought it was a remake, I dont play the 3DS version since the review was bad. (for those who had played the DS version) :whistle:
And for Hometown Story, it's an official branch for Harvest Moon, since they did gives a Harvest Moon logo on the game and was made by Wada, the one who did Harvest Moon :rolleyes: @Nanamine

Reactions: Kaidan and Marc
Oh my God, I love you forever and ever for making this thread. <3 i absolutely adore the HM Series! I have all three- HM ANB, TOTT, and HS. I even have ALL the DS games for HM! And Wii games! ~I love HM. And about the new game, I'm super hyped for it, if I ever get it, I'll be sure to play it with you. FOREVER. AND. EVER. for all eternity

Reactions: BrianXcalibur
I really liked a new beginning and hope that this one will be a better game as well.

Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley will be out soon at E3 and is planned to lauch on the Nintendo 3DS later.
what do you think is that game gonna surpass farming simulation

Reactions: 3dsatackman
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley will be out soon at E3 next title and is planned to lauch on the Nintendo 3DS later.
what do you think is that game gonna surpass farming simulation

i am not sure i have never played any of the games, but they look cool. also does anyone know if it is kinda like a acnl type game?

Back