Harvest Moon Harvest Moon: A New Beginning: Should I Buy?

• Thread starter CJ
  • Start date

Should I buy while the discount is there?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CJ

CJ

You not gon' ge me!
Towns Folk
There is a sale in the eshop till may 31st and Harvest Moon A New Beginning is for $19.99 instead of the regular $29.99. This game was in my wish list so I am thinking of buying it soon to save a nifty $10.

Is the game worth buying??? Should I buy it? Please let me know.

Also, does the game have multiplayer? Meaning can I play online or exchange stuff with friends? Please tell me.

If it's on you're wish list and seeing that it's cheaper I would go for it. It has multiplayer, but it's just a trading system
http://www.ign.com/wikis/harvest-moon-a-new-beginning/Multiplayer

I haven't gotten the game yet but IGN gave it a 8.3 out of 10. I heard there are many things you can do within the game and many new features so I think that's a plus. I hope to get to eventually.

I have the game. If you liked the snes and n64 harvest moons i believe you will enjoy the game. It does have a multiplayer aspect where you can trade items. I have about finished the first year and am enjoying it. The biggest warning i would give is that it has a very slow start to the first season. After the first season it really picks up. I dont want to spoil much. There is alot more customization to it than the previous ones that i have played and alot more content. The last harvest moon i played though was for the gamecube so i can't compare it to anything after that. I have highly enjoyed and and would recomend it to all harvest moon fans. If you have anymore questions i will try to answer them.

since a new HM came out (Story of Seasons) I don't know if you should go with it and get the new one instead. I had ANB like a year ago and the Online was already dead. But who knows, maybe the discount will bring new players to revive it?

A New Beginning is a great game, but in the game you have to hoard many stuffs and it can be tiring.
After you finished all the requests, there is not much things to do (I got bored right after my child was born and stopped playing). But yes, there is a multiplayer system where you can exchange stuffs (1 at a time) and getting animal products which make money making very easy.

Now the Story of Seasons bring a big improvement, it is slow to start but there seems to be much more to do in the game.
I cannot say for sure if it's going to be like ANB after a while (since I just bought the game 2 weeks ago).
There is multiplayer system in this version as well but I haven't tried it yet.

I know SoS will be a lot more pricey than ANB but it is more interesting in my opinion (though I like ANB graphic better).

I wasn't sure if I should buy it, too. I head many different opinions about the game: Some people said it's a must for every Harvest Moon fan, but other people said that this game was a huge disappointment for them and they called it "boring". It's true that this game can become boring after a certain time. In my opinion every Harvest Moon game will become boring one day (I love Harvest Moon after all :love:). It's worth buying, but it's not my favourite game.

Harvest-Moon-1.jpg

Furthermore, I think the graphics are nice, too :cat:

I truly loved this game. The story was amazing, graphics were cool, and the characters were as lovable as ever. If there's a game I could buy it would be this or grand bazaar.

I have the game and it's pretty fun and cute too. It was the one I bought before story of season came out and I enjoyed it a lot. I think it's worth getting if you haven't gotten it already and it's even better if your able to get the game on sale. I hope your able to get it for your self and I hope that you have lots of fun with it . :)

Well hope you got it. Thats last harvestmoon game I got. The frist one I played was friends of mineral town, and more friends of mineral town. Witch was same as friends of mineral town, but only differnts is you play as a girl not a boy.

You should buy it it's awesome :thumbsup: my cousin has it. I usually play it when I go to his house on special occasions ,but I'm going to tell him if I can have it since he dosen't use it anymore also I feeding the animals and building your own farm is so creative so I recommend that to people who like to create their own homes.

Back