Xenoblade X Generic Xenoblade Chronicles X tips?

• Thread starter 3905
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So my cousin recently got Xenoblade X somehow and he's gonna let me borrow it for the time being. So I want to know some generic stuff:
  • What can I do to speed up the time it takes to beat the game? - Knowing that I won't have a good 4 or 5 months to play the game, I want to be able to beat it ASAP which seems hard since it has about 100 hours in the main gameplay. I want to know if there are certain elements I don't have to worry about or if there are things that I don't have to waste my time with.
  • Which characters are worth training? - Other than the main character, which characters would be worthwhile to level up and which characters would be better off without the constant training and drilling?
  • Are there certain things players should know from Xenoblade Chronicles before playing? - I never got to play this game as it wasn't in stock by the time I wanted it. Another game that takes months to beat, but would having played this game be worthwhile to the overall experience of this game?
That's about all, just generic stuff. All help appreciated, and thanks!

So my cousin recently got Xenoblade X somehow and he's gonna let me borrow it for the time being. So I want to know some generic stuff:
  • What can I do to speed up the time it takes to beat the game? - Knowing that I won't have a good 4 or 5 months to play the game, I want to be able to beat it ASAP which seems hard since it has about 100 hours in the main gameplay. I want to know if there are certain elements I don't have to worry about or if there are things that I don't have to waste my time with.
  • Which characters are worth training? - Other than the main character, which characters would be worthwhile to level up and which characters would be better off without the constant training and drilling?
  • Are there certain things players should know from Xenoblade Chronicles before playing? - I never got to play this game as it wasn't in stock by the time I wanted it. Another game that takes months to beat, but would having played this game be worthwhile to the overall experience of this game?

1) Skip Normal Quests and Simple Quests, but keep in mind that then, you won't have that extra mass of XP you gain when you complete multiple at once. (But it's not as if you could grind two special spots in the game to level up quickly)

2) It actually depends on how you play the game, so, I can't really help you on that. But, feel free to master as many classes as possible: it allows you to use for instance Class B's weapons (as well as skills and arts) in Class A. (If you mastered them all, you will then want to go back to Drifter to get those 5 skill slots)

3) No, unless if you want to understand a few references/in-game jokes/easter eggs.
That's all! But, hope you'll still have a better chance of playing the game "normally", so you'll be able to enjoy the story and the characters' backstory (through Affinity Quests).

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
1) I believe that you can skip affinity missions also, at least the ones that are not required to give progress. Personally, I found that battling a few enemies (especially low tier ones) at a higher level makes you basically move up quicker. I highly recommend you do affinity missions though.

2) Just like what D4rk dragon has said, it depends on you.

3) You will get really addicted to this game for sure! Man, this game amazed me so much. Even after the story is done, I still have to get gear and 100 percent the game. Even with little time, this game is amazing and hopefully, you go through most of the affinity missions and such. There is not much you should know, this game kinda will make you learn everything over time.

1. Skip a majority of missions except the required ones that make you progress through the story. Even then it takes quite a bit.

2. Primarily you and Lin from my experience. Lin is a really helpful tank if you train her up
A bit

3. No unless you wanna understand references like lin's hair pins *cough* Monado *cough* Shulk *cough*

Other than that enjoy the game while you have it c:

Back