Galaxy Style N3DS XL Revealed and Available in North America

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I saw a poster for this 3DS when I was in GameStop picking up Pokemon Sun. It looked like such a nice 3DS too! If my 3DS wasn't already in a good working condition, I'd probably go for that one. Unfortunately, I can't really justify purchasing a new 3DS, even if it does have amiibo support.

No? Wow that was actually one reason i got a new 3ds xl, the nice and convenient amiibo support. Aside from that i thought it would be easier to play smash bros on an also wanted to get it before Nintendo released a bunch of games specifically for that system (sadly that still hasnt seemed to happen but oh well XP). Even though it doesn't seem they are as far as i know, i dont regret getting it since ive been hearing people say there have been some 3ds games that run horribly on the older 3ds models (just what ive heard, not sure if its true because i havent seen anything to verify that), again not sure if it's true but if it is im glad i got mine before i could find out the hard way there kek :p

No? Wow that was actually one reason i got a new 3ds xl, the nice and convenient amiibo support. Aside from that i thought it would be easier to play smash bros on an also wanted to get it before Nintendo released a bunch of games specifically for that system (sadly that still hasnt seemed to happen but oh well XP). Even though it doesn't seem they are as far as i know, i dont regret getting it since ive been hearing people say there have been some 3ds games that run horribly on the older 3ds models (just what ive heard, not sure if its true because i havent seen anything to verify that), again not sure if it's true but if it is im glad i got mine before i could find out the hard way there kek :p

Yeah, I'd love to have the amiibo support, but I can just get the adapter for my current 3DS when I'm ready to start investing in amiibo. xD Some of the games are a little laggy on the old 3DS XL in terms of frame rate, but I can deal. The only game I've really noticed it in is Pokemon Sun, and it's not really that big of a deal for me. I haven't really noticed anything running horribly though.

There's no point of buying this although my favorite color is blue I still won't buy it because it has the color purple. I don't like the galaxy plate image they're really running out of ideas because it would of been better if it was just blue like the N3dsxl from Japan,and Australia.
Also in a few years they might release another console that's related to the ds family so I wouldn't buy it and I'll just wait. The N3ds xl came out on 2015 and the 3ds xl came out on 2012 there you go just wait 3 more years and instead of buying it or getting convinced you should just wait unless you're a collector and want all 3ds'ses then go ahead and buy them :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

I think the N3ds normal size Mario style is way better than the N3ds xl galaxy style and it's more cheaper too.
Meh I'm not really a big fan of the xl family to begin with or the galaxy design. I would rather get the new regular 3ds super Mario edition for $99.
885x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My Old 3DS XL is about to lose a hinge, so yeah, I'm definitely interested. xD
Although I am kind of annoyed that such a big deal is made of these "special editions" when nothing is really made special about them. Currently the most special edition of the New Nintendo 3DS XL is barely heard of, being the Lime Green Super Mario World Edition.

My Old 3DS XL is about to lose a hinge, so yeah, I'm definitely interested. xD
Although I am kind of annoyed that such a big deal is made of these "special editions" when nothing is really made special about them. Currently the most special edition of the New Nintendo 3DS XL is barely heard of, being the Lime Green Super Mario World Edition.

I can understand why it might be kinda annoying with all the hype and so forth, seeing people go on and on about these things, etc... As for me, i dont really care much about it myself but i dont get annoyed about people being hyped for it so to speak, i just leave it be and mind my own. :p

If people feel excited for things like that, then thats ok! Everyone has their own opinion views and so forth, while i dont go crazy for lack a better words for special edition systems, i dont mind other people getting excited for it. It doesn't harm me any, and if someone is really happy about it, why not let them have that joy and excitement? ;D

I like the Galaxy 3DS XL, and I'm needing a new one. I've had the one I'm using since Pokemon X/Y came out. I bought it specifically for them. I've seen the Mario 3DS one too. I don't think I'd mind the smaller screens, and that price, whoo, yep, I'm interested. But I saw it was for Black Friday sale. Is it ongoing or was it a one time thing? :\

My New 3DS, its paint is currently chipping so 'm going to go get the Galaxy one tonight.

It's the first time a Nintendo product fails on me like that, 'm really disappointed. I hope the Galaxy one won't chip away like that.

Back