First Fire Emblem Game?

• Thread starter Apollo
  • Start date
Apollo

Apollo

Time Mage
Towns Folk
What made you play Fire Emblem? The first Fire Emblem game that I played was Sacred Stones on GBA. Somehow, I was finding a decent/good game back then. At first, it didn't seem much of a game. But, as the game progressed and the plot thickened, the game was actually awesome. The DS versions were somehow a let down. But, the game really came through in the 3DS.

Mine was one of the (or the) first international Fire Emblem games; Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken, or simply Fire emblem over here. The games was one of my favourites to play and I can still pick it up and play it now if I wanted to. It had everything a good game needed: Good Graphics (comparative to what I'd played so far), great plot and most importantly, Ah-Mazing controls and gameplay. I'd totally recommend it though it is somewhat rather hard :sleepy:

The first fire emblem game I played was fire emblem fates birthright. At first I thought it was a game I wouldn't enjoy. But as the story progresses it got so much more intense. Then after I finished birthright I started playing fire emblem fates conquest. Conquest was definitely a whole lot harder than birthright but as I progress through the story it kept getting harder so sadly I had to move to Phoenix for my first play through of conquest. And when I was done with conquest I moved to revelations. Revelations was awesome in my opinion having getting both your nohr and hoshidian family was so good. Also the story of why the war was explained so well in revelations.

The first Fire Emblem I played Shadow Dragon, aka the DS remake of the first Fire Emblem game. I think I played it for the first time when I was nineish, and I really really loved it :love: I think it's a good Fire Emblem to start with, because it's the perfect example of what Fire Emblem is about, with the typical Fire Emblem medieval setting, blue-haired lord, war, aaand of course a final battle with some kinda dragon :p

I remember being so heartbroken at one point where you had to sacrifice one of your characters for tutorial purposes. I found online that in one of the last chapters you got a staff that could revive one of your units, and being super determined to not let anyone die so I could save Abel (the character I sacrificed), but when I tried to revive him it didn't work, because apparantly you couldn't save the sacrificed unit ;-; But because of that I got used to restarting a chapter every time a unit died and I still do that hehe
latest

R.I.P ? - 2009

It's also pretty cool how they kinda brought Marth back in Awakening, and Tiki as well c:

Well... mine was Awakening and will be followed with the GBA title soon.

I want to get Fates once I have the budget or the Wii one if it gets released for the Wii U digitally (can't find it physically).

My friends from back in the day had Fire Emblem on GBA but I never really tried it or bothered to ask them to play it. I think we were all mostly focused on the Pokemon games ><

Awakening's demo got me into Fire Emblem. I had to purchase the game after playing it :panda:

After, I got Fates (Birthright, Conquest and Revelations).

I do plan to play some of the older games in time. I heard that there are some VC ones on the Wii U so I might look into that one day. I also heard they're extremely hard, so that's a plus <3

I was introduced to Fire Emblem thanks to its first worldwide installment, Fire Emblem (Rekka no Ken). When I choose to play it because I'm intrigued by it, I didn't play any turn-based strategy games before, so I started to know about Fire Emblem franchise since then, even though I have no idea it have spawned many games like The Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon until years later.

My first Fire Emblem game was Fire Emblem Fates. I was considering getting Awakening but Fire Emblem Fates looked a lot better. I may buy Awakening in the future after I buy Revelations and Conquest but a new Fire Emblem game may come out before I buy them.

Fire emblem awakening was my first and i'm planning to get birthright, conquest, revelations, echoes and the new switch one.

I knew about Fire Emblem since the GBA era, I just didn't happen to like the art style (yeah I'm picky like that) so I didn't play it. Awakening was my first Fire Emblem and boy did I get hooked! All my friends told me to get it and so I did. It was one of the most fun RPG I've played; not exaggerating. The marriage system was interesting to exploit - it was like customizing a character but before that it made some sense in the story; that's fantastic writing. In Fates, however, it felt pretty forced in the story, although I also wouldn't want the feature to go away.

My first Fire Emblem game was Sacred Stones. Was given to me via VisualBoyAdvance. Since then I got it from the 3DS ambassador program.

I also own FE: Path of Radience. Good game, still need to finish it.

Not too buzzed about the series as a whole, though.

I think it was Fire Emblem Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn. I saw Ike in SSBB(Brawl) and wanted to play the game(games) he was in. And that is how my love for the fire emblem series started.

My first Fire Emblem game was Fire Emblem Awakening. After seeing all the Fire Emblem characters in Smash for so long, I finally decided to see what all the buzz about this series was about. And, I am glad to say that I was not at all disappointed with the result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadow Dragon. I was curious about Marth and Fire Emblem for a while, and when that game came out, it was like the perfect time to enter the series x3

In retrospect, it's a fairly barebones game, but I still enjoyed it a lot, and starting with it let me appreciate the others much more.

Reactions: V_Weeb
My first was Sacred Stones but I din't really play that much to me it was Fire Emblem (GBA) which I really like

Back