Favorite Kong! \o/

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
♪So they're finally here! Preforming for you! If you know the words, you can join in, too!♪
♪So, put your hands together, if you wanna clap! As we take ya through, this monkey rap! Huh!♪

D.K! DONKEY KONG!

Hello everyone! P2.0 here, coming atcha with another topic-thingy. This time, we're focusing on one of Nintendo's hairier well-known character: Donkey Kong. ( G-guys, stop rapping, it was just the intro. ._." )
Anyways, our stubborn-butt monkey has starred in many games, and we've seen some of friends who has helped him along the way. And like the intro, we also have seen some of the Kongs who have lived on his island. And apparently, there were a few more monkeys living in his jungle too, if you remember playing DKJB. ( Bonus points to those who have played it. :thumbsup: )

So my question to you guys is: Who's your favorite Kong, and why? I'm interested to see your answers. :3

Hmm... A lot to chose from. I'd say Dixie Kong because she can fly with her hair, (She might've taught Tiny the same trick,) and she can really shred an electric Guitar. (I mean shred as in play it really well, not literally shred it to pieces.)

Reactions: P2.0
I think my favorite would be Diddy. Like, he's DK's partner, and those rocket barrels from N64 was just so kik-butt amazing! Especially after you finished the game, and put in the cheat for infinite Crystal Coconuts. :D Then you could fly forever, and just be listening to that electric guitar. :cool:

he's DK's partner,
I heard somewhere that he's also DK's Nephew. (This knowledge also surprised me. o_O)

I heard somewhere that he's also DK's Nephew. (This knowledge also surprised me. o_O)
Ohhhh, right! :eek: But... That means DK has a brother, or sister somewhere, right? But where are they in the series??? And are they all as insanely strong as him? To be completely honest, I never even gave that much thought about that bit info, until now. DK has siblings somewhere! :3

Diddy Kong! because he's cute and stuff

Of the several official DK crew members I've seen, Lanky's an old favorite of mine.
He's always taking things in stride, laughing big and running wild. Given that he's an Orangutan, he's know for long reach and a somewhat clownish personality. And being a wacky kid years ago, I liked him.

Oh it's hard not to chuckle when he's on screen. ^~^

Of the several official DK crew members I've seen, Lanky's an old favorite of mine.
He's always taking things in stride, laughing big and running wild. Given that he's an Orangutan, he's know for long reach and a somewhat clownish personality. And being a wacky kid years ago, I liked him.

Oh it's hard not to chuckle when he's on screen. ^~^
A few things I liked about Lanky was probably how he acted, his running style, and the fact that he could handstand, and somehow, run extremely fast! :eek: And strangely? It just seemed to fit, y'know?

Reactions: MindzEye
Dixie would be my preferred character to use when playing as I absolutely love her hair ability. But completely character wise I love cranky his pogo stick is to me completely useless but I love his design and I find him really funny.

Dixie would be my preferred character to use when playing as I absolutely love her hair ability. But completely character wise I love cranky his pogo stick is to me completely useless but I love his design and I find him really funny.
Being able to fly using your hair is a really good skill to have. :eek: How does that even work!? So, this thing about Cranky being able to bounce on a pogostick? That's news to me. .-. I do, however find it hilarious. XD Nice choices, mate. :thumbsup:

Being able to fly using your hair is a really good skill to have. :eek: How does that even work!? So, this thing about Cranky being able to bounce on a pogostick? That's news to me. .-. I do, however find it hilarious. XD Nice choices, mate. :thumbsup:
Thanks its not really a pogo stick its just a walking stick thats used like a pogo stick but I doubt it matters lol.

My favorite was always Cranky Kong! I don't know if I always preferred him because of how he is said to be the classic Donkey Kong from the arcade game, or because he basically is like the Scrooge McDuck of Donkey Kong Country, all with the cane-bouncing hijinks of ever, but I just find him to be really awesome!

Outside of a few scolding from him to young Donkey Kong, of course. :p

My favorite was always Cranky Kong! I don't know if I always preferred him because of how he is said to be the classic Donkey Kong from the arcade game, or because he basically is like the Scrooge McDuck of Donkey Kong Country, all with the cane-bouncing hijinks of ever, but I just find him to be really awesome!

Outside of a few scolding from him to young Donkey Kong, of course. :p
Whoa, that's the second time someone referred to Cranky in regards to that bouncing pogo-cane! :eek: \o/ So this whole cane-bouncing thing, like, is it from one of the newer games? Like Tropical Freeze? Or am I way off??? That really does seem funny, lol. :hilarious:

Reactions: T-Player Guy
Whoa, that's the second time someone referred to Cranky in regards to that bouncing pogo-cane! :eek: \o/ So this whole cane-bouncing thing, like, is it from one of the newer games? Like Tropical Freeze? Or am I way off??? That really does seem funny, lol. :hilarious:
Well, he did always use a cane since the good ol' days of 'Donkey Mong Country', but it was only until 'Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze' came along, that the senior monkey saw more action with his son in the platforming segment. Like I said, he basically plays just like Scrooge McDuck from 'DuckTales', most notably with the whole bouncing-cane thing mentioned earlier.
Usually he's my go-to character in that game simply because of how much fun it is to play as him. :p

Well I like diddy kongs items like getar, and jetpack, so diddy king is cool, but yet. I like all of them thouth, but if had chose one. It be diddy kong, because I like the stuff he gets in 64 one.

Good ol' Donkey~

Diddy comes close second, but not quite there :3

Good ol' Donkey~

Diddy comes close second, but not quite there :3
That's how most view Donkey Kong as opposed to Diddy Kong, but they're probably the two best picks in the Kong series. I'm a Diddy fan, but Donkey Kong comes a close second for me because of one game: Donky Kong: Jungle Beat. That made me respect DK's power, as well as character even more. It makes ya feel good! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Blue Knight
Can I choose King Kong because I really liked him even as a kid and it was just so sad how he dies even though he really really loves Naomi Watts.

Reactions: P2.0 and Ace
Hint for my favorite: He's the first membah...

Back