Harvest Moon Favorite Harvest Moon Games?

• Thread starter captainidaho
  • Start date
Has anyone played the "Real" Harvest Moon game: Lost Valley?

My favorite is Friends of Mineral Town. I only played a bit of a ROM, but I really enjoyed my time playing it. I just liked the old school graphics. Plus, most older games I show a liking to. Newer stuff just isn't as good.

My favorite is Island of Happiness for the DS. It was my first ever HM game and pretty decent in my opinion. It has an okay storyline and the characters are really unique~! It only takes about two years to repopulate the whole island and upgrade everything. I managed to repopulate the island, get married, and have a baby by the end of my third year of the game. It does take quite a bit of your time, but every HM game usually does. :D

Reactions: Kakea
My favorite is Island of Happiness for the DS. It was my first ever HM game and pretty decent in my opinion. It has an okay storyline and the characters are really unique~! It only takes about two years to repopulate the whole island and upgrade everything. I managed to repopulate the island, get married, and have a baby by the end of my third year of the game. It does take quite a bit of your time, but every HM game usually does. :D
M first one was Harvest Moon DS! But I played Friends of mineral town first:my bro @P2.0 saw me looking at the game and bought the Game boy advance game.Then I finally was able to buy Harvest Moon DS myself 4 years later!! I was so Happy!! :)

:p That's very true! Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town is good one for GBA! (Aside from it resetting from earning too much money. <.< I'd recommend getting it on Virtual Console ) That was a good one, uh, oh! Magical Melody was good one as well! That had a good vibe when going through it. :) Animal Parade was by far, one of my favorites. Being able to buy more land, bigger barns and coops, and holiday houses? Nice! :D And when you wanna marry, you can have your spouse help out, and your kids to make the work not so rough! How awesome is that? :thumbsup:

:p That's very true! Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town is good one for GBA! (Aside from it resetting from earning too much money. <.< I'd recommend getting it on Virtual Console ) That was a good one, uh, oh! Magical Melody was good one as well! That had a good vibe when going through it. :) Animal Parade was by far, one of my favorites. Being able to buy more land, bigger barns and coops, and holiday houses? Nice! :D And when you wanna marry, you can have your spouse help out, and your kids to make the work not so rough! How awesome is that? :thumbsup:
There's Mushrooms and Power stars in Story Of Seasons

There's Mushrooms and Power stars in Story Of Seasons
:eek: Get outta here.... No joke!? All of my dreams have finally come true... C: I wanna get it even more now! But...Gah, I need more monies! May as well ask the universe to send us another load, the list just keep on growing!

I know!!!! it's unfair!!! I saw this and got so excited when Kaky posted it!
(who knew older women could make you this excited lol!)

:hilarious: It's them videos games, brah. XD

Reactions: Kakea
So ya u can tell about your favourite harvest moon game to share with everyone and you can described what u like about that game and others thing also and ya !!!!

And i will give u an example :

what is my favourite harvest moon game : Harvest moon story of seasons

why : cuz it is the best harvest moon i ever play and the quality of the game is cool and cute !!!!!!!

what the part that make u happy in the start of the game : let's say ummm the character are so cute !!!!!!!!!

And ya u can tell others also don't forget to replied so everyone would like to be friend with you guys like sence of taste and yup !!!!!

Pls don't be rude cuz am just trying to get playcoin and i know that it is not a quality post blablabla !!!!!!!!

And ya in the game everything is so cute !!!!!!!

If u want to do if it is a good game then check its trailer !!!

The classic original Harvest Moon game from the SNES console is the best Harvest Moon game ever created in the history of farming games.

My favorites are two, one is Boy and Girl, which is basically the HM Back to Nature and a Japanese exclusive one, for the PSP. The other one, which seems to be forgotten by most because it doesn't include the words "Harvest Moon" in it's name, but still is part of the series, is Innocent Life, again for the PSP! Boy and Girl has all the cool and fun features all Harvest Moon games have, one of the best relationship development systems in the series, some nice additions in the environment here and there and also, those gnome helpers are funnier than ever! As for Innocent Life, I love how the entire island looks, the vast areas to explore (it has the biggest "game world" out of every game in the series!), how you can ride vehicles like a buggy, how you can make money from tons of other things outside farming (you can take fruit from trees in the overworld, sell ores, flowers and so much more!), how everything is much more interactive and SO much more! If I had to pick just one, I would go with Innocent Life, with Boy and Girl following close behind! You should DEFINITELY give those two a try!

Oh man, I love most of the games but Harvest Moon DS Cute is my favorite. I love the characters and prefer the gameplay over the others.

Only played Wonderful Life. I also own the female version Another Wonderful Life. Next one will probably be the SNES one.

Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands is my favorite probably because it's the only one i've ever played but I loved it the only thing that I didn't like was 1.Winter nothing to make money off of and 2 Rival Heart Events it's how I lost Vaughun all that work went to waste

I've played.. a couple of Harvest Moon games; I remember A Wonderful Life for Gamecube, but I also had a PS2 HM game & a N64 HM game. I don't remember the names of either of them so that in itself means that AWL meant a lot more to me :p but I didn't really like the graphics for the PS2 very much, and the N64 one was my first game in the series. The only thing from it that I remember is clearing out a bunch of rocks and twigs from my starter field, but I probably did a lot more in that game.

A Wonderful Life was great--I burnt a lot of hours on that game in Farmy Farm Farm (the name was a joke, yeah) & maried the down-to-earth gal... I had a game at one point where my cow was named Dog, & when Dog died I was so super super sad. I think that might have been in AWL because I had a gamecube at the time, but I remember crying to my mom and when I told her what the name of my cow was her boyfriend laughed at me.

UH but I'm really excited about Story of Seasons! I've done a bit of research on it & have watched some gameplay videos! Err'thing is unisex except for the eyestyles which is highly appealing to me (having effeminate characters able to be called a 'he' with no questions asked in games just makes me happy.... also I like a lot more of the bachelorettes than bachelors as characters, so it works out really well there) and the customization is v'real! There's a bunch of blueprints to customize your farm, & clothing, & styles, & buildingssssss also if you don't upgrade to the second story house you can marry without having kids. The kids in the game are perma-kittens--they don't grow up and have a story arch--so I'm kinda glad about that.
I have a lot to say about SoS, but I haven't played it yet x3!

Hm. I actually like almost all of the Harvest Moon games I have played so far. The only one I really didn't like was Tale of Two Towns. It wasn't really the gameplay or the characters that put me off, but rather that ToTT just felt different from the other Harvest Moon games I've played. If I had to pick a favourite, I would say DS/DS Cute (the latter of which I couldn't play because it was never released in Europe. Like almost all of the girl versions of earlier games). I liked everything about HM DS except the glitches. The valley is pretty, the bachelorettes (and two of the bachelors in DS Cute) were really cool and lovable, as stereotypical as they were (but let's be honest, almost every character in HM is a stereotype one way or another) and the music was really cool. That's why HM DS with always be my favourite. A New Beginning is a close second though, mainly because of the graphics and the characters. I liked Animal Parade alot, too. It was really an improvement to Tree of Tranquility, which looked kind of grey-ish and bland in comparison.

HM: Save the Homeland has a special place in my heart as it was my very first PS2 video I'd ever bought--along with Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. I can't say I have a favorite handheld HM game as I've been spoiled by the console ones on the Wii, which are HM: Animal Parade and HM: Tree of Tranquility.

Gbc harvest moon is my fav right now.

My favorite has been "Harvest Moon: the Grand Bazaar". I remember enjoying it so much, and the features of the game were simply awesome! Nevertheless, I could play only like 3 in-game months due to school and other activities I was involved with at the moment. But yeah, those were awesome moments!

Back