Harvest Moon Favorite Harvest Moon Games?

• Thread starter captainidaho
  • Start date
captainidaho

captainidaho

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
I recently played to classic SNES Harvest Moon and loved it.
But I didn't like the portability limited to my PC*. I Know there are an arrangement of titles From Game boy to 3DS. So I want to know which ones are Best. As I surfed some web on the subject I read that later harvest moon titles were sort of hit and miss. I'm looking for a title that has great character development
and Doesn't make the work too casual. A couple titles try to make farming as convenient as possible, but I liked the feeling of chores the classic had to it. In your opinion what game did you enjoy most?
*upload_2014-10-25_11-26-2.jpeg(I don't mean to be a pirate, But Its hard to find hard copy classic titles in my area)

Attachments

• upload_2014-10-25_11-20-49.jpeg
    upload_2014-10-25_11-20-49.jpeg
    6.8 KB · Views: 3
My favourite Harvest Moon game is HM Tale of Two Towns,it is quite nice and I have enjoyed playing it.The game graphics are good and the story line and requests in the game are a little hard sometimes but I do like HM A new beginning,i would like to play that.PS:i am still playing HM tale of two towns and still loving it.

My Favorite is Harvest Moon DS!
I'm still playing it 3 years after getting and got again on emulator.I got the game 4 years after I first saw it though...

I don't remember, but I think it's called back to mineral town or something. I also enjoyed the one for GBC. It's when I first got into HM. Honestly too many games for me to keep up, especially after I found out about Rune Factory.

Reactions: BonnetteForever and Kakea
I love A New Beginning, a very fun start with a lot of things to do. However after you completed all the town requests and got married, it gets really boring.

Tales of Two Town is not bad but it is somehow annoying to run between towns as it is time-consuming!

The one I enjoyed most is still Harvest Moon 3 (GBC) where you can have 2 kids and can own a pig for money!

Reactions: 3dsatackman
My favorite would have to be Harvest moon 3d: A new beginning for 3DS why Because 1. Updated graphics 2. I love the gameplay it has a ACNL feeling to it 3. I love exploring and story this has tons of that to be enjoyed by many 4. I find all of the graphics peacefull and this is the first HM game that really did that for me in lots of ways and the best reason #5 BEST FRIGEN GAME Evaaaaa

Reactions: Kakea
It was Harvest Moon 64, which was also the first one I played. It comes close to Harvest Moon Ds Cute (I had this version). A New Beginning was sweet too, but I can't wait for Story of Seasons!

Ikr but Im more hyped for the new pokemon games its only a couple days away o mah gered (sorry inner fan girl and im a guy) also me to after i bye the pokemon game Im gonna save up for SOS (story of seasons) wait does SOS mean that so is it really a code for help me? Sorry off topic but I can not wait for both these games coming out (2014 and 2015 hype for every game! yeah go nintendo!)

It was Harvest Moon 64, which was also the first one I played. It comes close to Harvest Moon Ds Cute (I had this version). A New Beginning was sweet too, but I can't wait for Story of Seasons!

I wanted Harvest Moon 64,is different from Mineral town? I saw it's in the same town but has few differences:is it worth buying having played the other?

Yes you can enjoy both of them. And Karen is awesome on N64 =P

Personally I am a massive fan of Rune Factory 3 (it would be 4 had it ever come over to the EU). I know it isn't a true Harvest Moon game but the main series got to a point where it needed a kick up the rusty watering can, with a myriad of slight variations on the same subject coming out each generation (innocent life had so much potential but squandered it with a total deficit of NPC's and a standard Harvest Moon plot beyond the initial set up, Tale of Two Towns felt identical to all the early DS HM's but with technical issues). Rune Factory took a formula that had been done to death and added dungeon crawling, a (slightly) more grown up plot, love interests that looked as though they have gone through puberty and a replay value I have found lacking in recent games. The third one is by far the best as it is faster paced (even the motion of characters is quicker than the prior two) and has a very well rounded selection of characters.

If Rune Factory doesn't count, I second the vote for Friends of Mineral Town on the GBA, as it was the last main title I truly enjoyed

Has anyone mentioned A Wonderful Life for the gamecube? I love this game so much, it is probably my favorite. I probably have some bias towards it because it is really the first harvest moon game I got into during my childhood. So the story and characters I hold near to my heart because they are from my childhood. But still I think the graphic style was different and worked for this game, plus the gamecube is one of my favorite nintendo consoles to date. Yes I do think the gamecube is a better system than the PS2 as well, haha.

So basically my favorite in the series was probably the Harvest Moon DS . It was also the first in the series that I played it . I just decided to try the game out because I heard that it was fun . And it really was :D Though not what I expect to play , I still found the game really exciting and cool :p

I'm still upset I killed my file on Harvest Moon DS....I wish there was someway I could the EXACT stuff back with all my animal and pet names.I'm going to TRY to move on with Story of seasons but I know it won't feel the same! I'm still playing it though!

Aye, Game-Cube was my fav, but, for portable? I couldn't tell you. I didn't wanna drop 40 bucks on a 2D Harvest Moon. Though it looked kinda' fun, MH4U, Paper Mario, Fantasy Life, etc is where it is at!

I'm still upset I killed my file on Harvest Moon DS....I wish there was someway I could the EXACT stuff back with all my animal and pet names.I'm going to TRY to move on with Story of seasons but I know it won't feel the same! I'm still playing it though!
How is Story of Seasons? It looks fun... Do you think I'd enjoy? I've always like Harvest Moon, and its gameplay, plus Animal Crossings, think this would be fun for me?

I haven't got it yet...(New 3DS took almost ALL my money) :( but the original creator of Harvest Moon is the creator of the game so it has to be AWESOME,I still remember playing all the other games so nostalgically, but don't have time to play now..

Well my favorite HM game is on psp its called havest moon innocent life i think its a very good game

Harvest Moon Innocent Life.

The farm was amazing, the tasks were adventurous, the story was inspiring, the graphics were awesome, and every place had such a great feel to them, like the volcano or the tree.

I remember how much fun I had on that, planting, harvesting, using the rail system, raising animals, having a robot helper, and many more. It was such a big part of my childhood.

I loved Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life it was one of the first I played and I loved the look to the game. And not to mention the calm feel to it and the ending was the first game to make me sad (until I met Pokémon Mystery Dungeon). And it felt more realistic not to mention you weren't required to do the Harvest Goddess jobs.

Back