Etrian Odyssey Etrian Odyssey II Untold: The Knight of Fafnir announced for 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Etrian Odyssey fans, before you get all excited, there is no word if this game will come to the West, :panda:

The game's trailer shows off five characters and some dungeon crawling. It will also have pre-made characters. If you want to take a look at the five characters shown off during the video, look below :

Protagonist :

53df3fb5876ac.jpg

Arianna :

53df3fb65c310.jpg

Flavio :

53df3fb68c878.jpg

Bertrand :

53df3fb6b5c9a.jpg

Chloe :

53df3fb6dfc75.jpg

What are your thoughts? Are you looking forward to this game and hoping that it comes to the West?

Reactions: dwikrid
Well, most likely Atlus will be bringing this title to the West. EO series has its own cult for its classic RPG and difficulty level, like SMT series. The "Untold" version is, generally, a story mode.

As a cult game, it is reflected here, too, as I only met few EO fans here.

According to Siliconera, Atlus is preparing the 2nd Untold installment specially, after receiving warm response from the fans about Millenium Girl. The story revolves around Fafnir (the protagonist's name), who can transform with his ups and downs (this reminds me to Aigis' Orgia Mode in Persona 3).

Aside from that, they will provide more voice-acting, more facial expressions in dialogue, and... up t0 8 different save slots. Maybe multiple endings? Because Millenium Girl only has one save slot, yet two mode (Story mode and Classic mode).

I would love to see this game in the West. Although I disliked the first person perspective earlier, I got used to it and actually liked it. The difficulty also is similar to SMT games.

im going to get this game!( i know it will come to the west, why wouldnt it??? i am excited about the multiple save slots, with my untold only having one, it makes it a bummer that i cannot do both game modes at the same time. and i have never played any other EO except untold and the demo for IV, but i will get them when i can. But i still have never played a SMT game besides the persona ones, so i might get smt IV, just bc i like the kind of rpg they are.

Was the first untold game a remaster of the first game? If it is, then I'll consider buying it. If I like it, then hopefully this'll come out in North America so I can get it too. The new features for this one seem interesting as well, so it would be nice if they localize it.

Was the first untold game a remaster of the first game? If it is, then I'll consider buying it. If I like it, then hopefully this'll come out in North America so I can get it too. The new features for this one seem interesting as well, so it would be nice if they localize it.
Yes, the first (and the second) Untold title are remaster - and improvement, with story (with protagonists) and classic mode (like usual EO). When you play story mode, you cannot form a guild with different, flexible classes, but fixed characters.

The character art is brilliant, and I love dungeon crawlers. I want it to come to western 3DSes, yes I do :) It's very likely that it will be localized.

Back