Etrian Odyssey Etrian Odyssey and Mystery Dungeon

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Etrian Odyssey meets Pokemon Mystery Dungeon style gameplay. If you don't believe me, see for yourself :

The game is making its way to Japan on March 5th, 2014. No word if it will be making its way to the west, but we can always hope. It's actually a game I'd want to play over Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, strangely =/

Then again, that's probably because I enjoyed Blue Rescue Team on the DS and hated the Gates to Infinity demo .-.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: CrazyElf
Ooh, that game looks cool and fun. Funny how they made it Mystery Dungeon style, but I think that the game will work out great.

Atlus USA confirmed that the game will be available in the United States in Spring 2015 for $39.99 US - https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/540211415701655552

For those who want some screenshots of the gameplay :

s2.png

s5.png

s6.png

s3.png

Reactions: CrazyElf
Self-plug!? It got reviewed; it's great. I'd recommend it to anyone who has even a passing interest in the Etrian games, even if they haven't played one before. It's a spin-off but an incredibly fun one.

Atlus USA confirmed that the game will be available in the United States in Spring 2015 for $39.99 US - https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/540211415701655552

For those who want some screenshots of the gameplay :

s2.png

s5.png

s6.png

s3.png
It looked like those images were broken.....

But itd be nice if every Nintendo commercial for 3DS or Wii U didn't have these huge borders and have the gameplay tiny inside a Wii U game pad or 3DS. It's kinda annoying, just make it where you can see the gameplay..... o/

But it looks like a pretty cool game! I probably won't wind up getting it, it looks like it could be more fun watching lets plays for it than to actually play it in my opinion....

OMG thats amazing! :singing: I can't wait for it to make its way to North America! I didn't like etrian odyssey that much but I might buy it now that it is amazing mystery dungeon styled! I can think of another one like this, it was bleech for nintendo ds but the moves were turned.

Yeah when I first saw this game , I was pretty doubtful because I didn't really like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon : Gates to Infinity so I thought that this game would be bad . The technical outline of dungeons are very similar so I think that this game will more likely stand out as better than GOT :/

It looked like those images were broken.....

But itd be nice if every Nintendo commercial for 3DS or Wii U didn't have these huge borders and have the gameplay tiny inside a Wii U game pad or 3DS. It's kinda annoying, just make it where you can see the gameplay..... o/

But it looks like a pretty cool game! I probably won't wind up getting it, it looks like it could be more fun watching lets plays for it than to actually play it in my opinion....
This is a thread from last year . Of course you can expect some of the images to be moved or deleted from their original links :p

Etrian Odyssey meets Pokemon Mystery Dungeon style gameplay. If you don't believe me, see for yourself :

The game is making its way to Japan on March 5th, 2014. No word if it will be making its way to the west, but we can always hope. It's actually a game I'd want to play over Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, strangely =/

Then again, that's probably because I enjoyed Blue Rescue Team on the DS and hated the Gates to Infinity demo .-.

What do you guys think?
I haven't played that game, but I have played pokemon mystery dungeon and the gameplay styles do actually look kind of similar and pokemon mystery dungeon was a great and enjoyable game which had so much to offer and it managed to fulfill that offer brilliantly

Looks awesome. It released recently. I'm kinda glad it released. Was tired of going through dungeons with pokemon... ;_; Now with a blade in my hand, and a partner at my side (Not a pokemon partner). I don't know if I'm gonna get it, though. 40$ is too much, I rather buy Splatoon or Majoras Mask. Though, this is a game that I'm interested in.

What do you guys think?

Well, I played Mystery Dungeon and got in a state where my only Pokemon I had were weak to the boss, which was a giant pack of Pokemon that were strong against my Pokemon's type and blah blah blah I got bored. I guess I still like Mystery Dungeon, because its POKEMON! But new games are always fun!

Back