Eshop games worth playing.

• Thread starter AngelsShadow
  • Start date
AngelsShadow

AngelsShadow

Number XIV in the orginization, The Noisy Artist
Towns Folk
So I thought I would make a thread about some good games in the eshop that I enjoyed playing. feel free to give your own lists and opinions just don't go name calling it aint cool.

Azure Striker Gunvolt, I found this game to be a vary fun side scrolling action RGP. It isnt to difficult but some of the bosses can be quite challenging.

Excave, this game is quite fun to play and its pretty easy at first, but as you progress through the game it becomes increasly difficult. now one of the interesting things about this game is that it is a dungeon crawling RPG where you do not lv up, Your stats are determind by the items and weapons you carry.

Weapon Shop de Omesa, this game is a black smith shop simulator in a way. adventureurs come in and request you pick or make a weapon for them to rent. if the quest goes well you will be paid, if not you lose the weapon and dont get paid. and one of the nice things about this game is that you can see how the adventure is going on Quest book (at least I think thats what it is called) its alot of fun definatly worth playing.

I really like SteamWorld Dig, which is a game where you pretty much dig, fight enemies underground and upgrade yourself as you try to find out what lies beneath the surface of the Earth after arriving at a small mining town. It combines puzzles and platforming, which I found to be quite awesome. Definitely recommended.

There's also hazumi, which I haven't played yet, but I saw a gameplay video by Balrog which is here (warning, probably a bit of swearing but I can't remember):

Reactions: AngelsShadow
I like the virtual console games myself.i have donkey Kong,mario 3,punchout,castlevania 3,as well as some gb,gbc, and gamegear games.just one gamegear game though,sonic blast

I think the one game I would enjoy playing from the eShop is Shovel Knight. It doesn't look bad. As for Azure Striker Gunvolt, it's going to take some time getting use to it. I've played the demo twice. The first, I was a little into it. The second, I was turned off. I would add Witch and Hero, Swords & Darkness, and The Legend of Dark Witch. Dark Witch is kinda like ASG but I find it a little better, W&H honestly feels too easy when you get your upgrades (I only have the demo but still) but has a charm to it. And S&D, I just find it good. Not hard, not easy. I simply enjoy it.

Definitely get Shovel Knight, it's a really great platformer. It's also really replayable, so that's something.

There's a lot of cheats in the name secrets out there, so try those out too.

Reactions: AngelsShadow and randysilverwolf
Gunman Clive. It's a short, yet satisfying game to play through. Best way to describe the game is a Wild Western shooter, extremely similar to the Mega Man games. Not nearly as challenging as Mega Man, but still worth the $2 imo. :jimlad:

I have a couple of eShop favourites! ^o^

I second the love for both Steamworld Dig and Gunman Clive. Although I am absolutely horrendous at Gunman Clive it is still a lot of fun, it looks wonderful, and I enjoy the music! Steamworld Dig is something more up my alley in terms of difficulty and it is definitely one of my favourites.

I also own both Pushmo and Crashmo and while I am not the best puzzler out there, fiddling around with the games are a lot of fun. They are really polished games and whenever I do finish a puzzle I feel super proud haha. On the easier side of puzzle games I own I have the little Toki Tori game and it's so cute. <3 I think I only paid $2 or something for it? It's wonderful and I definitely recommend it.

I own the 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure and I like it a lot! I also own one of the Kirby Dreamland games, although I'm not sure which as it's not on my 3DS currently. I prefer the 3D Classics Kirby to that game though. I think it looks adorable with the colours and pixels and like many Kirby games it's just fun to play.

Then lastly I have Harvest Moon for the Gameboy. It's a super stripped back version of Harvest Moon - all you do is farm and there isn't a town you explore, it's just a menu of shops really. I still go back to it when I all I want to do is simply farm.

Reactions: AngelsShadow and 423
I have a couple of eShop favourites! ^o^

I second the love for both Steamworld Dig and Gunman Clive. Although I am absolutely horrendous at Gunman Clive it is still a lot of fun, it looks wonderful, and I enjoy the music! Steamworld Dig is something more up my alley in terms of difficulty and it is definitely one of my favourites.

I also own both Pushmo and Crashmo and while I am not the best puzzler out there, fiddling around with the games are a lot of fun. They are really polished games and whenever I do finish a puzzle I feel super proud haha. On the easier side of puzzle games I own I have the little Toki Tori game and it's so cute. <3 I think I only paid $2 or something for it? It's wonderful and I definitely recommend it.

I own the 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure and I like it a lot! I also own one of the Kirby Dreamland games, although I'm not sure which as it's not on my 3DS currently. I prefer the 3D Classics Kirby to that game though. I think it looks adorable with the colours and pixels and like many Kirby games it's just fun to play.

Then lastly I have Harvest Moon for the Gameboy. It's a super stripped back version of Harvest Moon - all you do is farm and there isn't a town you explore, it's just a menu of shops really. I still go back to it when I all I want to do is simply farm.
thank you! ill look into some of those

• Steamworld Dig- is it a good game? Oh yes. It's not a very long game, but it's really entertaining and goodlooking.
  • Witch and Hero- quite a short game, boss battles are old school hard (so I'm stuck at the final boss) and it's got dem retro looks. Simple but fun.
  • Denpa Men 3- an incredible amount of game for it's price. Do we have Augmented Reality? Yes we do. Character customisation? Yes. Battles? Yes. Puzzles? Yes. Exploring? Hour and hours of it. Sidequests? Tons. Home designing? Yes! An enormous amount of NPCs all with different personalities? Virtually endless. Looks? Pretty & full 3D. Online multiplayer? Why yes! A changing environment according to your real-life location? You get it. ;)

I agree with the above me post Denpa men 3 is a amazing game! Oh it plays offline as well o.o plus googling you can get QR codes for the game too love this game was shocked one day I tried it while in the truck with mom offline still worked was so fun!

I agree with the above me post Denpa men 3 is a amazing game! Oh it plays offline as well o.o plus googling you can get QR codes for the game too love this game was shocked one day I tried it while in the truck with mom offline still worked was so fun!
I replayed it in the city, and I looked like a complete idiot but I got some amazing Denpa Men there! But I did look really really stupid. xD

• Denpa Men 3- an incredible amount of game for it's price. Do we have Augmented Reality? Yes we do. Character customisation? Yes. Battles? Yes. Puzzles? Yes. Exploring? Hour and hours of it. Sidequests? Tons. Home designing? Yes! An enormous amount of NPCs all with different personalities? Virtually endless. Looks? Pretty & full 3D. Online multiplayer? Why yes! A changing environment according to your real-life location? You get it. ;)

woah never heard of this one. how much is it?

Reactions: AngelsShadow and Yumi Chi
I would say that Super Mystery Dungeon is worth playing. The story is amazing and the ending was really surprising, not to mention the colors and general feel of the game is both welcoming and enjoyable.

Another game I would suggest is Ocarina of Time 3D or Majora's Mask 3DS because the clean crisp colors of the remakes are stunning and rich. Not to mention Majora's Mask in 3D is super creepy.

I would say that Super Mystery Dungeon is worth playing. The story is amazing and the ending was really surprising, not to mention the colors and general feel of the game is both welcoming and enjoyable.

Another game I would suggest is Ocarina of Time 3D or Majora's Mask 3DS because the clean crisp colors of the remakes are stunning and rich. Not to mention Majora's Mask in 3D is super creepy.
Alrighty thanks!

SteamWorld Heist: is like Codename S.T.E.A.M but with random maps and in 2d
the legend of the dark witch: its like megaman because you absorb the bosses habilities, I only have the first game, but i want the second
crimsom shroud: its like a board roleplaying game
dillon rolling western: is a tower defense the first game is decent, but the second its better

Back