Etrian Odyssey EO II Untold will Unfold its Story to the West in Summer

• Thread starter dwikrid
  • Start date
dwikrid

dwikrid

Noblesse Oblige
Towns Folk
Want to publish the news but I'm on mobile, so it's easier to share it here. EO II Untold: The Knight of Fafnir will have US release in Summer. Atlus has shared the news on Facebook, alongside the game art cover. I dunno about the price, but regarding the previous Untold title, it would be $39.99.

Plus posting it here makes 1000x more sense anyway.

The Etrian Odyssey series is something I've always wanted to try out but never have. I keep looking at the sales on the eShop but I just haven't brought myself to get it yet. Maybe once the first Untold is $10 I'll finally jump into the series. Then, if I like it enough, I'll get this. There's bound to be a sale soon anyway what with Etrian Mystery Dungeon.

I guess the sale is about $15; $10 is too cheap for a retail game.

IMO, EO series has its power in the term of difficulty - Japanese players even asked more about the mainline series rather than Untold series. Haven't played the 1st Untold title, so I have no real comment about that.

Anyway, thanks to @Spinnerweb for publishing the EO II Untold news. We'll get another $50 Atlus game, eh?

Last edited:
It looks really, really cool, but I hope $50 games don't become a regular thing now. I know the localization (with full voice acting and such) is very costly, so it's justifiable, but I hope it doesn't become too prevalent. It's good to know that they're not cutting corners though.

If only hardcore RPGs were more popular in the west, then they'd sell it for the normal price and still expect to make a tidy profit.

EO series has been always cool :p
It's just that the previous Untold title was sold at $40, with OST and artbook as usual (actually many Atlus games come with this bundle).

But, well, EO II Untold is more improved than the first title (dat Grimoire system~).

Reactions: 18
I'm wondering, can I pick up any game in the Franchise and still have fun, if I never played a game from the series before?

It looks quite interesting but I'm not sure I have enough time and interest to play all of them... So if I end up picking up the last one, could I still have fun?

I'm wondering, can I pick up any game in the Franchise and still have fun, if I never played a game from the series before?

It looks quite interesting but I'm not sure I have enough time and interest to play all of them... So if I end up picking up the last one, could I still have fun?
Yes. In terms of story, you won't miss out on anything since it doesn't appear to have anything substantial to do with the previous games. If you like dungeon crawlers, I think you'll enjoy it.

Even the difficulty won't be a problem, if the previous EO releases on the 3DS are anything to go by - the original Etrian Odyssey on the DS was hard, but the 3DS ones have multiple difficulty levels.

Alright, thanks for the information! I'm not really into turn based combats but this one seems to have enough interesting things outside of combat to actually make me forget about it?

@SunnyWindy map-drawing? Party-customising?

Mainline EO (we have EO IV on the 3DS) focuses on gameplay, of course with background story as you move forward throughout the game. No real character in your party, instead your party is a representative of a guild (among many) seeking treasures.

EO Untold is more story-driven since it is a traditional RPG with fixed characters and classes. With story.

Reactions: 2205
I'm looking forward to this game very much. EO has become one of my favorite series, and I never got to play EOII. I was going to get it for DS, but this was announced and I figured I might as well just wait. Though I do plan on getting the original eventually.

I don't mind the $50 price tag. As long as the game ends up being worth that $50, which I have no doubt it will.

Back