KI: Uprising Do you wish Kid Icarus Uprising was less linear?

• Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date

Linear or Nonlinear?

• Total voters
Artisan

Artisan

Hard At Work
Forum Moderator
When I originally saw this game via eShop downloadable videos (which spoiled some of the game's story by showing two main characters that weren't in the story until the middle of the game's story mode) I thought this game would include more exploration on land like say Spyro or Legend of Zelda and maybe have platforming since the older two games had it, not that the small DK section wasn't enough. I admit it had some little secrets in each level but that didn't add a lot of exploration. The guide arrow option would've been way more useful had there been more exploration. I wouldn't have minded a game that was slightly less about the enemies AI and more about larger chapters. Yes this was a handheld title and chapters are short and sweet but since there was a guide arrow option then the exploration could've been optional if they were to have it. Do you think it would've went against the formula if there was more exploring to this game?

I think a more vast and nonlinear style of gameplay would change KIU for the better.
It would make the game more interesting, and probably more fun to play if you weren't being guided in one direction the whole time. A more explorable world and non-linear flight sections would add more of a replayability value to the game, making replaying chapters less like watching a video that you already watched before.
Although it seems that exploring would go against the formula they set, I think it would be a change for the better.

A little bit I guess, having a free roam would be abit cool, but I'm glad the flying portions are linear. It helps a lot

I like it as it is tbh. No need to be that open.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
The way it is is probably the best way it could be and should be for the 3ds. A switch sequel though... having a big world being invaded by the underworld and hidden hot springs as save points and health recovery. However, if it sacrifices the diolouge i don’t want it. Having pit learn to fly on his own would be cool though for nonlinear flight sections.

Back