Do you dress up your character for the style or benefits?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
In Shin Megami Tensei IV, you have the ability to change clothes. You could fight demons in style or use the most beneficial outfits without even caring how you look.

Which type of SMT player are you?

Do you care about how you look when progressing through the game or do you only want the perks that come with it?

I'm a bit of both. I tend to use more stylish outfits when it comes to smaller sections and easier demons but when I know it's some sort of big battle coming up (like when Burroughs tells you about the strong demons) I change to black demonica
or white samurai.
Because the rest are trash. White samurai <3

Style over functionality.

I'm sorry, Flynn, but a few extra HP and a dumb resistance aren't enough to convince me to dress you like a clown ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Somehow both. When I buy one part of a set, I try as much as I can to grind macca to buy the other parts to create the whole outfit. It's a win-win solution. The world is already in a crisis and Ginza isn't even helping in giving out armors to protect people. What can they possibly buy with all the wealth they get. Gold food?!

I'd lean toward style more but it never hurts to try to go with both. ;) After all if your gonna hunt demons might as well look good while doing it lol.

Both, I'd say. Until mid-game I chose benefits over style, but kept the "Morning Star Aura" hair I got as a free DLC because it was really cool.
Later, when I gained enough Macca to buy Strange Journey's Demonica I used it till the end and during my second playthrough, for nostalgia's sake. :p

Back