S.T.E.A.M. Codename: STEAM - Strategy game for 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
From what I know, Codename: STEAM is a turn-based strategy game for the 3DS with third-person shooter elements. The game is coming to North America in Spring 2015, while Europe gets it in May.

I also read that it's similar to Valkyria Chronicles in a way - pokes @Spinnerweb -

What are your thoughts? Does it interest you enough to secure a purchase after its release?

Reactions: Artisan
a turn-based strategy game for the 3DS with third-person shooter elements.

I knew as soon as I read this why you'd tagged me :p

Any game that even slightly resembles Valkyria Chronicles in any aspect is I-want-it to me :p

Reactions: 532
Just looking at the Wiki page is enough to excite me. It's made by Intelligent Systems who made FE:A and Advanced Wars (I want a 3DS version and this may be as close as I'll get). It's set in a steampunk world which are always the coolest worlds for a game. The main character's name is Henry Fleming from the excellent book Red Badge of Courage. Hitoshi Yamagishi of Xenoblade is working with it. It's influenced by Jack Kirby's and Bruce Timm's comics, which are some of the greatest comics of all time. Plus it's inspired by H.P Lovecraft. If Cthulu shows up somewhere I'll be in paradise.
My only fear is of microtransactions of buying medals to revive your characters.

*sigh* This game looks really neat, but the turn-based part of it makes it seem kinda seem sluggish and boring. I love anything steampunk and I like all of those characters, but I just think this game would be so much cooler if it was just a regular action shooter, but i'll just have to play it for myself to know for sure.

I'm really impressed with how smooth and seamlessly this game integrates Third-person shooting and turn-based combat. It looks really good, albeit cartoonish. I would love to see a Multiplayer mode added, it would be a great addition.

Hmmm... It's created by Intelligent Systems, which means it'll probably be a Rainy-game. Need to see more of it tho, since there are other games *cough Majora's Mask cough* that I'm currently hyped for :bookworm:

Reactions: 532
Hmmm... It's created by Intelligent Systems, which means it'll probably be a Rainy-game. Need to see more of it tho, since there are other games *cough Majora's Mask cough* that I'm currently hyped for :bookworm:
Same here! xD
Steam looks good and it will probably turn out really well due to it having the devs of the Fire Emblem series behind it.
But, nothing currently beats the hype that is built up in me for Majora's Mask :D

Reactions: Moon Rain
Well I really wanted another Advance Wars, but I trust Intelligent Systems so I will grab this soon after it comes out. It looks to be insanely over the top and I have always been a fan of Valkyria Chronicles type game play. It really settled it when I saw that wacky USA move and plus it has Lincoln and aliens in it this is the kind of thing you would find in an off the wall crazy Saturday morning cartoon.

This game caught my eye at the Treehouse stream, but I'm not really inclined to purchase it just yet for reasons I can't put my finger on.

Though props to IS for making a shooter that's managed to interest me though, the strategy element seems to have been incorporated so skilfully that it's able to do that.

Awesome!

What I don't like about this game is the character designs .__.
Maybe I gulped too much dose of Japanese animation thus rejecting this US-approach style. Nevertheless, I'm really curious about the gameplay since I didn't play Valkyria Chronicles.

Code name STEAM will be out March 13th,2015 worldwide.
It's weird enough to actually get me really excited. In addition to being a really cool mix of third person shooter and tactical gameplay, like Valkyria Chronicles, it has Abe Lincoln fighting aliens. Who could resist a story like that?

Code Steam is honestly interesting mainly because its different. It's something you'd see in typical nintendo games. The story is also kind of interesting but that price tho :dead:

Reactions: Malladus
Back