Changing 3DS eShop Region

• Thread starter dilawer
  • Start date
dilawer

dilawer

The Villain in Green
Towns Folk
Ok, guys so I have a PAL 3DS with UK eShop. Now, If I change my eShop region to US/Canada, would it make my 3DS play US games only or does it not affect the hardware region?
Will I be able to easily download and play US games from US eShop?

Ok, guys so I have a PAL 3DS with UK eShop. Now, If I change my eShop region to US/Canada, would it make my 3DS play US games only or does it not affect the hardware region?
Will I be able to easily download and play US games from US eShop?

If you have a PAL 3DS, you can't play NTSC games.
This means no is the answer.

I don't know if you can change your eShop region to US/Canada, but if you can, maybe you will can only access to UK eShop.

I kinda know about PAL not playing NTSC games but I wanna know If I change my eShop to US and download any games from there! would those games be unplayable as well considering those are from US eShop.

I kinda know about PAL not playing NTSC games but I wanna know If I change my eShop to US and download any games from there! would those games be unplayable as well considering those are from US eShop.

You can change your country, not the region. :oops:

On my US 3DS, I cannot change the region to any EU/PAL country such as England or Australia. I assume it's the same for the EU/PAL 3DSes and they don't have the US as a region so I think that you're unable to access the US eShop on a EU/PAL console.

Reactions: Kaynil and ErixSan
On my US 3DS, I cannot change the region to any EU/PAL country such as England or Australia. I assume it's the same for the EU/PAL 3DSes and they don't have the US as a region so I think that you're unable to access the US eShop on a EU/PAL console.

That is the answer we wanted. Thanks!

Yeah, I figured it out eventually after a little help from @Marc Should've used some common sense before! xD

Back