SMT x FE Can someone explain this? - SMT x FE

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk

First of all, why is Marth a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan? And why is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan a thing? Fix that, Tori- ahh! I'm getting off topic! Back to what I was saying. Second, why are they singing? Third, last I check, Fire Emblem is about medieval tactics and war, not J pop teens and autotune. Fourth, what are they singing? Fifth, why does Tiki look weird? And sixth, how is this Fire Emblem? I know this is Shin Megami Tensei as well, but I don't know a lot about SMT. And finally, seventh! What's "Fiaaa Emmmmbooorrremmm?????"

... Thank you for ruining Fire Emblem. I can only hope that they don't completely ruin the characters. But then again, I won't complain about Chrom, he looks badapple.
At least we know it has gone to far when they have Hoshito and Noir working together, so that at least

What did I just watch? xP
"Fai-a-a-em-buu-reem!" < Wat is that? xD
I am, too, quite confused. Very much, in fact.

I know... Help me! Help us!

Oh gods... no! Just no! Why Atlus? Why Intelligent Systems? Why Nintendo? Why?! WHY?!

I will admit, if this wasn't Fire Emblem, I would've thought it was pretty good, but it is. So this is just so alienating to the series. Nintendo and Atlus better do a good job trying to sell this to Fire Emblem fans.

I will admit, if this wasn't Fire Emblem, I would've thought it was pretty good, but it is. So this is just so alienating to the series. Nintendo and Atlus better do a good job trying to sell this to Fire Emblem fans.
Too late for that >.<

2 years waiting, no info.
Suddenly, crazy butchering of a game with FE in the title and some SMT references with a crazy plot and characters that don't mix with eithee franchise.

The gane bombed, in friggin JAPAN. What does that say? The game would have probably been well received since the visuals and music are good, dunno about the writing and all that.

I wanted a regular crossover ;-; both series do have leeway for it.

Too late for that >.<

2 years waiting, no info.
Suddenly, crazy butchering of a game with FE in the title and some SMT references with a crazy plot and characters that don't mix with eithee franchise.

The gane bombed, in friggin JAPAN. What does that say? The game would have probably been well received since the visuals and music are good, dunno about the writing and all that.

I wanted a regular crossover ;-; both series do have leeway for it.
Wow. If it bombed in Japan, good luck trying to sell it to North America, Europe, and Australia, then. I think this game is just riding the failure train.

Wow. If it bombed in Japan, good luck trying to sell it to North America, Europe, and Australia, then. I think this game is just riding the failure train.
It is, to note, the game has a crazy focus on idol singers, which is disliked/unknown in regions outside japan. They are absolutely loved in japan.

The game was a massive flop anyway.

Also, the game is not receiving a dub, NOA knows that the game is barely worth a localization, a dub would be too expensive for a flop like this.

It is, to note, the game has a crazy focus on idol singers, which is disliked/unknown in regions outside japan. They are absolutely loved in japan.

The game was a massive flop anyway.

Also, the game is not receiving a dub, NOA knows that the game is barely worth a localization, a dub would be too expensive for a flop like this.
Like Project X Zone? Yeah, I don't think Americans, Canadians, Europeans, or Australians will find J pop appealing. Unless, they're complete weeabos. I think I highly doubt this deserves an international release now. Japan exclusive game now. Sorry, everyone else.

Nah, it is getting an international release, just with no dub, they get only the japanese audio track.

To put it in perspective, before the game flopped, they were thinking on finding english voice actors who could sing. After the flop, they're just reusing the japanese voices, translating onlh text. Wow

Well, that sure speaks volumes. Well, prepare yourself, game. For failure to capture Fire Emblem fans' interest to buy you. You have failed this franchise. TheYESDragon would be proud.

Well, that sure speaks volumes. Well, prepare yourself, game. For failure to capture Fire Emblem fans' interest to buy you. You have failed this franchise. TheYESDragon would be proud.
Likewise for the SMT side of things.

I remember everyone was hyped up for this in GameFAQs the first few months, like back when nothing was known about the game. Only a single trailer showing protagonists from both franchises.

Then this happened, nuff said.

It's basically a new series with some characters Fire Emblem and SMT. They're pop stars. I think it has the same battle system as SMT.

It got pretty good reception in Japan (came out in December) but my God Nintendo of America has not done a good job explaining wtf it is

It's basically a new series with some characters Fire Emblem and SMT. They're pop stars. I think it has the same battle system as SMT.

It got pretty good reception in Japan (came out in December) but my God Nintendo of America has not done a good job explaining wtf it is
No, critical reception was good, but the game was a flop, like, selling almost nothing kind of flop.

It's not really NoA's fault, the game is grounded in Japanese society

No, critical reception was good, but the game was a flop, like, selling almost nothing kind of flop.

It's not really NoA's fault, the game is grounded in Japanese society

Did I mention sales at all

Did I mention sales at all
No, you said "reception" which can refer to either critical reception, or public reception (which includes sales)

Or both

Even though this crossover has little to do with either of the series, it still looks great! Those things need not explaining, because they all contribute to what awesomeness this game is. :p

Even though this crossover has little to do with either of the series, it still looks great! Those things need not explaining, because they all contribute to what awesomeness this game is. :p
I'm still confused, though. I don't know what's going on. Who are these people? What's the plot? Why and what are they singing? Why does Tiki look younger than she does in Awakening? So many questions!

I'm still confused, though. I don't know what's going on. Who are these people? What's the plot? Why and what are they singing? Why does Tiki look younger than she does in Awakening? So many questions!
I'll explain, these people are idol singers and other kinds of entertainers, including the protagonist, who have the ability to summon Mirages, otherwordly beings (Fire Emblem characters like Chrom, Caeda, etc)

The power to summon Mirages is called Performa, evil Mirages feed off this, while the good Mirages help people fight them by turning into their weapons/armor.

That's about all I know of the plot, the Fire Emblem side of things is limited to pretty much the Mirages and Tiki, who's a vocaloid here. The SMT side gets even less attention.

Back