Bravely Default Bravely second: how to avoid an endless battle with ba'al v urchin

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
Hello all, i am about to share some things i know regarding battles with the urchin ba'al in bravely second end layer and the demo version of the game. Ive played the demo and still have it, due to a lack of spare funds at the present time and other issues. But let me get back on subject here. I have seen and read several accounts of people fighting this ba'al and winding up being trapped in the battle. I know this is a very real issue, having experienced myself a while back. Now i will explain what keeps the player trapped midbattle like this. I have listed the scenario's complications below:

1) the player is blind with immunity to dark damage
2) there are at least two shadowcasters, lacking the necessary magic points to attack the player
3) the boss enemy is only using its physical dark attack, nothing else, attempting to defeat the player but proving harmless to him/her completely

As to how this would look on the screen, it should be fairly obvious, but its basically the same animation repeating itself in an endless cycle. Occasional hits on the boss occur, given enough persistence and time, but are obviously very difficult to land due to blindness. I imagine you all know this, but blindness makes landing hits on your enemy extremely difficult, which only elongates the battle even more here. And given your enemy has void effect on you in this situation, this battle can go on for entire days and even a full night, possibly beyond this, even. As you can imagine, getting stuck in a battle like this can be very tiring and exasperating for nearly everyone. For some, it could even be aggravating and frustrating for obvious reasons. Experiences and reactions are individual and are different for everyone. How one person reacts to something, another may react in an entirely different way: a simple fact of life and things in general.

I have found some very simple tactics and tricks that can be used to reduce the likelihood of being trapped in an endless battle with an urchin ba'al. First things first: identify and target its weakness. I cannot stress enough that attacking your enemy with its weakness is key to success in battle, provided it has one. I have learned that certain bosses and enemies do not have a weakness, such as Geist and certain others. However, thats not an issue here. I do recall learning that this ba'als weakness is light. A simple thing you can do to bring this thing down a bit faster is to use stat-increasing moves, such as love power, and then attack it with shining head from there, if possible. I know this was an easy way out in the demo, but im uncertain about the full game. However, i imagine you can do something similar to this either way.

Another suggestion i have is spamming with 500-cap damage items (such as bomb fragment), if you are able to obtain them. If you cant, just target the boss's light weakness. If you are able to combine both of my suggestions here, that should prove very effective and thus allow you to avoid an endless battle. I just wanted to share my ideas here, seeing how there have been several accounts across the web of people being trapped in this particular battle (most notably in the demo version), i thought i would be a nice lady and give some suggestions to help you guys avoid that, ultimately to help save you guys some frustration and long-term trouble here. I hope this helps you all avoid that misfortune, i know it's not fun being stuck in a battle like that, especially when very minimal progress is being made, if any. Best of luck to you all.

Back