S.T.E.A.M. Are you picking up Code Name S.T.E.A.M?

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
I am, this game looks so much fun!

Possibly. Especially if I can get my hands on a Fire Emblem character's Amiibo, seeing as how you can get fire emblem units in the game. Also, Will Wheaton from Star Trek: Generations is voicing Abe Lincoln..xD

Also, Will Wheaton from Star Trek: Generations is voicing Abe Lincoln..xD
I heard that too! This game is gonna be great :D

Yes I am picking it up. I love the setting and the gameplay. I see this getting many hours out of me. The different characters all seem cool. However I'm not fond of the Fire Emblem characters being locked away, but I will just live without them. It would have been a cool Easter egg , but I'm not shelling out extra money for that. Especially since I would have to buy the amiibo of them.

Reactions: Icemario
I'll be sure to pick it up, soon.I have Marth, so I'll be able to his Amiibo :D

I LOVE strategy games like this, I can't wait to play it :cat:

Oh yes, the demo sold me.

Day 1 buy for me, though it sucks how Europeans have to wait until May.

Nope, at least not yet. The demo didn't really sell me that much to buying the game. Gonna wait for some reviews or walkthroughs to come out to consider it if anythings different in the full version of the game

Reactions: Ashkil
The demo really did great! It was really interesting to get a glimpse of its gameplay. But I think I'm going to give it some time. I'll try to watch out for reviews and let's play on youtube. Not really my priority game as it doesn't give any CN coins. I'm still trying to get every CN coins I can get! :D Amiibo functionality for this game should be one of its strong points.

Like Faustine said, I'll probably wait. I have some other games I want to play before that one and I want to see more of it before actually deciding to buy it or not. So far it doesn't seem like my type of game but we'll see.

Reactions: Malladus
The demo really unimpressed me. I came in expecting a Valkyria Chronicles-esque game and came away really disappointed. The Gamespot review (reviews which I normally don't agree with) was exactly how I felt about the demo, except for the full game instead of the demo which just makes me less likely to get it.

I haven't tried the demo yet, I just got my 3ds this week, but it does look interesting and having special unlockable character seems cool. So I am looking at a strong probably. Hoping to find out more about the amiibo support through some online videos.

I probably won't get this game due to the fact that I was pretty unimpressed with the gameplay style and the graphics and all that stuff . I was really not satisfied with the demo and other things and this game is not really my type of gaming style so I think I will pass this game . I really like some of the things about it but it's just not enough to convince me to buy the game

I'll have to wait till June or July because 3DS games are like amiibo-level of hard-to-find where I live, but yes, I intend to buy it. A game with a decidedly silly premise, a comic comic-book look (see what I did there?) and fun-looking gameplay is just about right for me.

Haven't looked into it much, maybe I'll give it a try. It seems to be getting a lot of attention. Reminds me of when that western armadillo game came out, a lot of advertising from Nintendo yet I had no idea what it even was.

I'm hoping to pick up Codename STEAM in the future. Was hoping to get it for my birthday since my birthday was 2 days after it released... but no. :p

Definitely looks like an interesting game from what I've read and seen from the reviews and trailers. Maybe if there's a sale for the game I'd go for it. I'm waiting for a couple of other 3DS games to release before I would think of getting this, if I even do decide to purchase it one day in the distant future.

It looks like a really interesting game, but this game don't have the style of the games I like. I watched a lot of trailers and for me this is a nice game that lots of people liked, but I don't. Maybe after I buy all the games I want first I can buy it and play the game, if it has a demo version, great! I don't know if it is good to play on the 3DS so I will wait and after I buy the New 3DS XL I probably will buy it and have fun ^^

th game is so muth fun but at some pount it migth get boring soon but it is a pretty fun game

Without a doubt. I've been playing the demo for weeks now, grinding and grinding to build up progress before I start the game myself, as I do with any demos with this feature. I've already gotten over 19,000 coins already and collected all the gears from the levels so I know when I start the game, it's just going to be easier for me.

Back