Resident Evil Are 3DS Resident Evil games scary?

• Thread starter Duster
  • Start date
D

Duster

Cheese Lover
Towns Folk
Does this game give you a good scare?Personally, I've never played a horror game ever in my life.Well, besides the Five Nights At Freddy's 2 Demo.(But that's a demo, that doesn't count :p) It would also help if I knew how you feel about horror games themselves (Since Resident Evil is just 1 of the many horror games in the world)

Which one? :p And the FNAF 2 Demo is pretty much half the game anyway xD

Any of them really

Well, one of the only reasons I want a RE game is because they're atmospheric. Personally, I love horror games or anything horror. I'm more into psycological horrors though but RE spiked my intrest after the RE7 demo. I've found that they're more tense then actually scary. Pretty much all of them have a good atmosphere but they're not overly scary.

oh really,I might try it out.What is the objective of the game?

It depends on what game you're going to play. They're all zombie survival horror games basically. If you want an idea of which one you're going to get there's demos and you can just watch videos of them to get an idea of that particular one.

Don't really play these kinds of games since I don't get scared easily, but I've really only played things like Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion/Spooky's House of Jumpscares, the FNAF series, and some puzzle game-thingies that are supposed to have a scary story, scary music and sounds, etc. Oh, and The Scary Maze Game hurt my ears when I played it :hilarious: But other than that, I haven't really touched any "scary" games yet.

The RE series doesn't look particularly scary to me, but there are tons of intimidating enemies and moments of apprehension, so those might be the only 'scary' parts about the game. :jimlad:

RE4 wasn't scary in the least.

RE1 was more hilarious than scary :rotfl:

Not really. They are scary-looking but not exactly scary in general. Mostly, the enemies add to the atmosphere. The game is just full of puzzles.

Does this game give you a good scare?Personally, I've never played a horror game ever in my life.Well, besides the Five Nights At Freddy's 2 Demo.(But that's a demo, that doesn't count :p) It would also help if I knew how you feel about horror games themselves (Since Resident Evil is just 1 of the many horror games in the world)

well, theres a lot of things to consider with what youre asking here, but i will try to keep it as simple as i can.... :p

from my own experience, resident evil doesn't scare me at all, but ive also been through a lot of personal events that contribute to my ability to be used to this stuff. my older sister cant even watch something like the movie called The Andromeda Strain without having same day nightmares and so forth. to me, that movie is cake when it comes to horror and/or gory thrillers. i can sit through much more intense violence in movies and games without being scared or uneasy in anyway, but again everyone is different. i have met many people who cant sit through horror flicks with pure calmness and control like i do.

all im trying to say is the best thing to do here regarding your question is to know yourself and think about your own tastes, everyone is different so as i wrote above, what is scary to one person may not be scary to another. in other words, experiences are often individual and thus tastes in games, perceptions, opinions, etc, all of these often vary from one person to another. thats the best i can do for you here, so hope this helps my friend. :p

Resi isn't scary but things can get intense at times, especially on higher difficulties.

I've played both,the one based on the cruiseships are indeed the scariest

Wait... since when has FNaF been scary? I was under the impression that it's genre was under "comedy."
And Resident Evil hasn't been scary for a while now. (Post Nemesis hasn't been scary lately.) Now a days it's been too action shooter-ish.

Wait... since when has FNaF been scary? I was under the impression that it's genre was under "comedy."
And Resident Evil hasn't been scary for a while now. (Post Nemesis hasn't been scary lately.) Now a days it's been too action shooter-ish.

Trying to kill the girl that turned Bows that kept crawling through the vents and escaping or dealing with the Bows with the chainsaws

My brother bought RE 4 for the GameCube once when we were kids and my mom had to approve us by saying "Yea" because we needed a adult because the game was rated "M" for Mature the game was really fun at first I was like this game is boring ,but then once I saw action was cool and is one of my favorite games later i bought this game again ,but for the PS3 and was more better because the GameCube controllers were more confusing ,but it was more easier to play on the Ps3 controllers it's really cool and in the beginning when your control vibrates when the guy says "Resident Evil 4" it gave me the creeps Lol ,but only because it was at night that's why. You had to save the presidents daughter was fighting from zombies and it was cool because that way being accompanied by someone helped you be more aware of your surrounding just that you had to defend her from the zombies because they would take her I guess to some portal in hell :eek: and this game is my bad my hands sweating ,but my hands didn't sweat also the cutscenes were cool and the story itself too and it was really interesting.I got Resident Evil 6 for the PS3 too ,but the story was more shorter kind of like a demo since the games were split into 4 stories it was great and interesting,but harder than RE4 and I have been hearing that Resident Evil Biohazard is scary because of the Pop ups and characters specially when your controller vibrates.:eek:

only the last one, i will never play it

Yeah I think Resident Evil games are scary. I never ever liked playing horror or survival horror type games, but somehow I just decided I wanted to play Resident Evil: Revelations for the 3DS. Perhaps it was because I had beat the demo a long time ago (quite scared, to add) and I wanted to know what happened.

And you know what, through
undertale_determination_by_yamadaich-d9evoec.jpg
I managed to beat the game, with all its scary moments, tensions of boss fights and useless partner.

Personal achievement for me beating a horror game :p
In the end I don't think it's a matter of a game being scary, but the degree that the people are scared of the game.

Play the resident evil: revalations demo to decide if it scares you, because it doesn’t get much scarier further in. Its more fear of not being calm enough to land the shots you need to hit or not having enough bullets. Very good game though.

Reactions: Kadaj
Play the resident evil: revalations demo to decide if it scares you, because it doesn’t get much scarier further in. Its more fear of not being calm enough to land the shots you need to hit or not having enough bullets. Very good game though.
agreed. in the full game though its not a big deal if you play on casual/easy, ammo reserves stock pretty quickly and easily there which is a good start for people new the games, but when you go on the highest thats where it gets to be a real test of skill and playing it smart for the best outcome. casual is great though for people who wanna focus on relaxing while being interested in the series :p

Back