1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. 3DS Pedia Guest Message

Get 3DS and Wii U eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners. Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

An announcement from Marc

Discussion in 'Town Billboard' started by Marc, Apr 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc

Marc One does not simply type. One is a number. Forum Management

Play Coins:
    218 coins
    Please read the entire contents of this thread. I've decided to share my thoughts about some stuff.

What motivates me to keep this place running are the smiles from members. Some of you who I talk to regularly know this. I want to see participation and people enjoying themselves. I want people to participate in tournaments and be active so that they can finish their matches and gain a prize.

This motivates me to start more official contests/tournaments here.

Lately some members have been affecting me and they're starting to make me regret opening 3DS Pedia.

Three members have recently partook in a scheme to get me to join a free hosted forum and ban me on sight for the lols. Someone who used to be one of my good friends asked me himself to join said forum to lure me in. The owner of said forum has been trash-talking me hardcore from what I've understood. She has also been "bad talking" the 3DS Pedia forum.

These people are :
    • Member A (left) - the person who has been trash-talking me and opened said forum.
    • Member B - someone who I used to call a friend who tried to lure me into the trap.
    • Member C - another member who I think has changed for the worst.
    It seems they also want me to "jump in a lake and do away with myself". There may be more to that list.

I could have understood such a thing coming from Member C, but NOT Member A or Member B. If we talk regularly these days, you probably already know the usernames of these members. If you wish to know, feel free to shoot me a private message.

I highly dislike people who say/do bad things about/at others for their own amusement.

My aim is to make 3DS Pedia a forum full of friendly people who truly want to be here, sort of like an Internet family. I can be harsh at times with my words, but I care for a majority of the members here. The only time you might see me unfriend someone is times similar to these events. I spend my time to try to connect with most of you unlike other site owners and play games with you guys when I can. This month I've been really busy so I could not play Smash or Pokemon a lot, unfortunately =/

If you're only here to mess around and bad talk other members of the forum, the door is to your right~

Leave the people who actually want to have fun at Pedia in peace, :playful:
  2. rawrrie

rawrrie I ♡ food ♥ Forum Moderator ♥

Play Coins:
    2,085 coins
    Smiles from members, eh?
    :) :) :) ...

Just kidding. This post was beautiful :'D

I'm editing this because I feel like I should add more to this. :p

You've created a beautiful place with many nice people to be around. I can't ever imagine leaving here.

Remember that time I said I thought this place was perfect? I really meant that. There's so many things to do on this forum and I'm really happy to be a part of it. It's so creative, from Pedia Emporium to the Pokemon League to the PC.

I also really appreciate the nice conversations we have had and how you make time to actually be with the members. That's the amazing thing that sets your forum apart from other forums.

You're really generous and this is honestly the best place ever. >.< Thankyou Onii-San, you're amazing \ : D /
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  3. Ashkil

Ashkil Space Cowboy Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    1,000 coins
    Unfortunately there are idiots like them, but I just hope for every one of them, there are 10 of us Pedians who are on your side through thick and thin.

I think I speak for every 3DS Pedian member when I say Thank You Marc. What you've created is simply legendary. I joined the site quite a few months ago, and now visiting this site and talking to the people in it has become a part of my daily routine. The number of brilliant, exciting and funny people on this site is continuously growing and I couldn't feel any prouder for being a part of it. It's incredibly rare for forum creators to be a part of the community that they start, but I see you on the Shoutbox every day for hours on end.

So again Marc, and I can't say this enough times. Thank You
  4. Super Smash Jordan

Super Smash Jordan Anime Lover, Smash Player, Gamer of Heart Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    123 coins
    Those who talk junk about you are also talking junk about us in general. You created a unique place and I didn't regret joining here since. Those who want to ruin this place will be brought to the light!
  5. Vescen

Vescen The PokéManiac Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    47 coins
    I haven't had a full on proper conversation with you yet, but from what I have seen and heard you are a very nice person and a great site owner. I apologize that things have been said about you and that people have been talking about you.

From the moment I signed up for 3DSpedia it was welcoming and a fun place. I love it here and I know a lot of other member feel the same way. I hope things get sorted out for you soon, Marc and I hope you know you are wonderful~!
  6. FaithKitty

FaithKitty Gonna go play those games, eh? The User of Many Names

Play Coins:
    119 coins
    Marcy, I heard about this. I won't say much, but I also think it's pretty bad, and even hearing about it ruined a friendship between me and the lurer. I don't want you sad, Marcy. This place is wonderful and you shouldn't regret 3DSPedia. You have created a place where people like me can find friends and be happy, it's truly perfect. You shouldn't have to feel bad/sad about any of this, and I think that it was really rude of the members to have done this to you.
    :hug:
    It's just the bad people that can't seem to take a hike.
    darktjorve, Marc, OopaMazo and 2 others like this.
  7. ForsakenDreams~

ForsakenDreams~ Jealous sweety? Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    2 coins
    It is sad that they would do such a thing to you of all people. You're smart, respectful, kind, funny, nice, awesome, fabulous, and many other things. Sadly, we will always find people like that in this world. This is why I/We need to continue being nice and sharing our happiness with others so that maybe they could change. Since I became a member of the forums, I met so many nice people, such as @Spinnerweb and @AquaKitty. There are so many more but I probably cannot put fifty tags ha ha. You are definitely right, Marc. We are all in this together! What they do to you, happens to us. You are our joy much like we are to you. You are indeed quite different from other Forum owners in regards to how active and how you always care about us and play with us at times. This is what makes you so unique and awesome. I have a track meet today, I'm going to run my best for you! You deserve so much. You have done so many great things and just...you deserve a mansion or something.
    I hope this never happens to you or anyone on the forums or any others.
    darktjorve, Marc, OopaMazo and 2 others like this.
  8. Kurokami

Kurokami Sleepyhead... Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    33 coins
    I'm sorry, I'm not here a lot and I don't really know you but I don't think this is a bad place. Like @Vescen , I haven't really talk to you, but you seem like a nice person to me. If the 3 people were doing it for laughs, they would of unban you and apologize. Truthfully this seems like cyber bullying! If they didn't at least apologize, what those 3 did is kinda mean. -.-'

But yeah, if they wanted to leave, just ignore and let them leave. Good news is we have less terrible...not so nice people now!
    -v-
    Vescen likes this.
  9. MLGirby

MLGirby ciao Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    0 coins
    This.....disappoints me to say the least.
    Why would anyone trash talk this forum when the only thing that has come out of it, especially for me, was good times, new friends, and a boatload of new friends and virtual console games!
    Makes me sad. :(
  10. Earth2543

Earth2543 The Mood Maker Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    133 coins
    Well @Marc we didn't talk to each other all that much but you have got it hard that least i can tell. I'm sorry for what happened to you but there is still lotta good peoples around! Cheer up you're a really great admin here! :)
  11. supertristan00

supertristan00 Me. Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    872 coins
    I'm very sorry for you marc. People like that should keep their nasty comments to themselves. I don't think it is a mistake that you opened 3ds pedia and there are still lots of people who enjoy it.
  12. PersonSP

PersonSP Writing- 'n-Drawing-aholic 3DS Pedia Contributor

Play Coins:
    1,854 coins
    Marc, three members in a community of hundreds. Some people just don't know limits and misbehave, I'd almost say; "s*** Happens". But reading this it seems they hurt you and you don't deserve to be treated that way. I think you know that the whole Pedia (minus 3 apparently, were they banned?) thinks you and this place are great. Don't let three ***** (whatever you read in those asterisks is fine) make you think otherwise. I suppose that when a website gets as big as the Pedia you also get a few 'less nice' people, for every 10 000 awesome people there is also one **** in the crowd. Don't let that get to you. Ever. Not on the web, not irl. For what it's worth, you tend to put a smile on my face at least. :)
    For many this place is their home on the internet.
    DarkDrifloon and D4rkDragon like this.
  13. KJ

KJ Pika-pi! Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    335 coins
    That's too bad of them. They just can't understand your feelings.
    You are like a GOD, I must say, who spends his money himself to help us get the eshop cards, that's a great sacrifice for the people, whom you even don't know!

Just get "those" hell people out of this site, and, don't feel bad, there are always some people like them. Also, they ruin this site as the saying goes that 'A bad fish spoils the whole pond'.

So, don't feel sad and enjoy yourself. Hope you can get out of "this" thing. We all care for you. (at least I do).

Cheers!
    Super Smash Jordan likes this.
  14. Shadow of Spades

Shadow of Spades Potato Senpai Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    0 coins
    I agree with Marc ... Like I must have said before that I love 3ds Pedia but many of my good friends have left.... But with your guys help (mostly @Megalegacy and @Marc ) I realized if somebody is your true friend they will not leave you and will always support you in your darkest moments! This community is like one whole family and it will never be broken. I am sorry if I have ever upset/annoyed/irritated you. I am sorry and please forgive me :bag:
  15. Megalegacy98

Megalegacy98 Nintendo 3DS Legend 3DS Pedia Contributor

Play Coins:
    1 coins
    Marc...

You have created a thriving community as well as a review site which gets at least 60,000 visitors a month. That's not something you should turn your back on.

I know who Members A, B, and C are, and I too never expected them to do something like that.

What's so special about this site? It's one of the only places where we can find someone like you, a very superb and social owner who likes to play games with other members. Unlike those OTHER owners. :meh:. Plus you use your own money to get us eShop credit. And you give it to people you don't even know!

You made a very amazing site where I have made lots of friends on (@NIN10 , @OopaMazo , etc etc) and here is where I can play with other members and have a great time if I'm lonely.

You are an awesome, no, amazing, no, superb, no..., AWESOME-AMAZING-SUPERB guy who made the legendary site.

Thank you for everything and don't let these guys get the best of you.

Plus I'm sorry for not warning you that time k? :(
  16. Izaya Orihara

Izaya Orihara Just call me Arc Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    44 coins
    Oh Marc I'm sorry about what happened to you. And you want smiles? :D:D:D well there you go

EDIT : Marc, I was not expecting two of those three to be apart of it, I'm utterly disgusted in them, I hope you IP ban them.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  17. Larsi

Larsi Great King of Evil Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    410 coins
    I am sad over the fact that people can do anything about this. You have created an amazing community, and when people decides to do this, it is truly sad.
  18. Derpguy64

Derpguy64 Smash/Pokemon Master Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    72 coins
    Sadly, there will always be people like that. But they are just trolls, and they wanted attention. To all that know there names, give them as little attention as possible, don't give them what they want.

Don't give up Marc.
  19. Alex

Alex Nintendo 3DS Legend

Play Coins:
    1,505 coins
    Well, I know not of most of what has been occurring here, but I can tell you that I have never been as active in any online community than I have been on 3DS Pedia. The ShoutBox may irritate me at times, and all these awful RPs get on my nerves, but I can honestly say that I love it here. So, thank you for opening 3DS Pedia.
  20. TheYESDragon

TheYESDragon Find Your Warrior Professional Fanboy

Play Coins:
    273 coins
    This is a good place and Marc, you deserve more than this. Go ahead and get rid of these losers and get back to thinking only happy thoughts. :3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.