Amiibo, the official thread

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Okay, so, in order to gather all the known information about the Amiibos, and list them on a single thread (so, the forum will be cleaner), I've decided to make a sticky thread about the Amiibos. (If @Marc approves it, I'll delete it otherwise.)

220px-Amiibo_logo.png

FAQ
A: It's a small figurine, much like the Skylanders figurines made by Activision, that you can use in some games on WiiU (if your Wii U is running the 5.3.X firmware) or on 3DS (< Not supported yet, though.)
A: Amiibos work using a technology called "NFC" (Near Field Communication). Unlike Skylanders or Disney Infinity figurines who seems to use a proprietary version of the NFC technology, Amiibos are recognized by a Wii U by putting the NFC chip near a certain part of the GamePad, while they'll require an adapter for the 3DS.
(Though N3DS systems handles amiibos by simply putting them on the lower screen)
A: Depends on your country. An amiibo should cost around €/$ 12.50 in North America and in Europe, and £10 in UK.
A: It is unknown, but Super Smash Bros (for Wii U/3DS), Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad:Treasure Tracker, Yoshi's Woolly World, and more games uses Amiibos. More games will exploit this feature soon !
A: No! For once, Nintendo decided not to lock the amiibos, and thus, if you see a rare amiibo that is sold only in Japan, you can import surely without fearing a "This amiibo only works with NA/PAL/AU/JAP systems".
A: Well, you can collect them, and show them to your friends! It must be cool to have a shelf full of those near your console. And you can try to beat a certain member's Amiibo collection! (@3dsatackman, that's just a reference ;)) !
A: An amiibo can only contain data for one game, sadly. If you want to use the amiibo for another game, you'll have to delete the data stored on the NFC chip.
A: Check on Amazon to see if you can import it, if you want. Amazon is already starting to list them, and just like games, maybe you'll be able to get amiibos for cheaper than in stores !
Deals
Loot Crate to team up with Nintendo:
http://forum.3dspedia.com/threads/loot-crate-teams-up-with-nintendo-for-amiibos.9254/
^ Edit: Not really a deal, since you end up paying 140$ (or 14$ per amiibo, shipping not included) + U.S only. Thanks @Nova for sharing though.

Any contribution is welcomed here! If you find some information you'd like to share, feel free to post it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaynil
Released/Confirmed Amiibos
Wii Fit Trainer /!\ Discontinued ? /!\
Link
Yoshi (Also compatible with MP10)
Mario (Also compatible with MP10)
Peach (Also compatible with MP10)
Fox McCloud
Pikachu
Samus Aran
Kirby
Marth /!\ Discontinued ? /!\
Donkey Kong
Villager /!\ Discontinued ? /!\
Zelda
Luigi (Also compatible with MP10)
Little Mac
Pit
Captain Falcon
Diddy Kong
Link Cartoon
Sheik
Bowser (Also compatible with MP10)
Rosalina & Luma (Also compatible with MP10)
Lucario (/!\ NA: Toys'R'US Exclusive!)
Shulk (/!\ NA: GameStop Exclusive!)
Sonic
Mega Man
Meta Knight (/!\ NA: Best Buy Exclusive!)
King DeDeDe
Ike
Robin
Lucina
Wario
Charizard
Ness
Pac-Man

Super Mario Collection:
Mario (Also compatible with SSB4)
Luigi (Also compatible with SSB4)
Yoshi (Also compatible with SSB4)
Bowser (Also compatible with SSB4)
Peach (Also compatible with SSB4)
Toad

Note: According to SSBWiki, Shinya Takahashi (Nintendo's SPD Division) said that all the characters (including hidden characters) will get an Amiibo. SSBWiki also confirmed that Charizard and Ness will get their amiibos, though no more information was given.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaynil and 3dsatackman
At least now I know people read my threads!

Anyway, the way these connect is weird but in an interesting way....

Reactions: D4rkDragon
At least now I know people read my threads!

Anyway, the way these connect is weird but in an interesting way....

Well, I read it because it looked like an interesting deal, and now, I've found a way to get it even if I live in France (I'll import it).
As for the way they connect, as I said, it's NFC. Normally, you must place them at a certain distance (< 20 cm or directly on the GamePad) of a symbol on the left part of the GamePad, while Skylanders and DI figurines must be placed directly on the adapter.

what is this??

what is this??
An official thread that I'll update frequently that lists all of the released/confirmed amiibos, what they are, and miscellaneous information about them. If I find a deal or somebody else finds one, I''ll also post it here, as it may interest somebody.

In any case, a thread that talks about the amiibos, to clean up this section of the forum a bit.

Why no Lucina? :oops:

Why no Lucina? :oops:
She's not confirmed yet. (as an amiibo)
I think that the hidden characters will get their amiibos, but later, probably to avoid spoiling the game to people who started playing it. I'll also update the list when information about the next wave will be available.

Reactions: JazanaterZ Gaming and dwikrid
Updated the Deals section. Loot Crate doesn't offer a good deal since you end up paying full price + shipping, and Europe won't get anything.

22/11: Updated the Amiibo List. Meta Knight is now a Best Buy exclusive in NA.
22/11 #2: Lucario confirmed to be a Toys'R'Us exclusive in NA. Poor guys.

Last edited:
Released/Confirmed Amiibos
Wii Fit Trainer
Link
Yoshi
Mario
Peach
Fox McCloud
Pikachu
Samus Aran
Kirby
Marth
Donkey Kong
Villager
Zelda
Luigi
Little Mac
Pit
Captain Falcon
Diddy Kong
Shulk (/!\ NA: GameStop Exclusive!)
Link Cartoon
Sheik
Bowser
Rosalina & Luma
Sonic
Lucario (/!\ NA: Toys'R'US Exclusive!)
Mega Man
Meta Knight (/!\ NA: Best Buy Exclusive!)
King DeDeDe
Ike

Note: According to SSBWiki, Shinya Takahashi (Nintendo's SPD Division) said that all the characters (including hidden characters) will get an Amiibo. SSBWiki also confirmed that Charizard and Ness will get their amiibos, though no more information was given.

Could you update that? Wave 2 actually releases December 14, Walmart confirmed it on their Twitter.

Reactions: JazanaterZ Gaming and D4rkDragon
Updated the Deals section. Loot Crate doesn't offer a good deal since you end up paying full price + shipping, and Europe won't get anything.

22/11: Updated the Amiibo List. Meta Knight is now a Best Buy exclusive in NA.
22/11 #2: Lucario confirmed to be a Toys'R'Us exclusive in NA. Poor guys.
I'm surprised a little bit. Sounds great as these fighters are great all around and hardcore gamers would definitely want to face a well rounded level 50 Amiibo. Oh, and Lucario does have a thing with this generation's pop Pokemon culture (the DS Generation notably). (also doing this so I can watch thread ^_^, good work!)

Reactions: JazanaterZ Gaming and D4rkDragon
I've been destroyed by my fox amiibo 15 times, But I won't give up!

Reactions: JazanaterZ Gaming
Could you update that? Wave 2 actually releases December 14, Walmart confirmed it on their Twitter.

Will do it!

I've been destroyed by my fox amiibo 15 times, But I won't give up!

Well, I didn't got destroyed for now, but well, they indeed play well.

I'm surprised a little bit. Sounds great as these fighters are great all around and hardcore gamers would definitely want to face a well rounded level 50 Amiibo. Oh, and Lucario does have a thing with this generation's pop Pokemon culture (the DS Generation notably). (also doing this so I can watch thread ^_^, good work!)

Well, the more levels they gain, the tougher the become. And as I said on another thread, they timed perfectly shields and counter, so, yes, it's a good way to see if you're really good at SSB.

Some more things, Amiibos lvl up quicker in smash if it's fighting different people rather then the same person every time, their U.S. price is 13 u.s dollars.
Also in the U.S. there will be an exclusive Shulk amiibo, I don't know about other countries.

In case you couldn't guess I live in the U.S.

And lol I didn't notice this until now but the Amiibo text is what the 3DSPedia text is based off of.

Some more things, Amiibos lvl up quicker in smash if it's fighting different people rather then the same person every time, their U.S. price is 13 u.s dollars.
Also in the U.S. there will be an exclusive Shulk amiibo, I don't know about other countries.

In case you couldn't guess I live in the U.S.
Shulk's amiibo will also be sold in Europe ;)
But yes, I've noticed it. Since I'm switching between 8P-Smash and 2P Smash (Me or my brother vs the Amiibo), it levels up so fast, I'm surprised (Lv 24 as we speak!)

And lol I didn't notice this until now but the Amiibo text is what the 3DSPedia text is based off of.
Yep, it is based off it :D !

Reactions: JazanaterZ Gaming and 532
Are there any amiibo figures that look noticeably bad?

I might just get that for the derp.
Good luck, it's like the rarest Amiibo out there and it's hard to get.

Back