• Thread starter Robyn
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robyn

Robyn

The Ace Inquisitor
Towns Folk
Heya friends! Here I will post all the new information for Zelda: Breath of the Wild, planned to release in one year, for easy access. So let's begin! (Um...where should I begin...)

Trailer:

Map Size

Bj71Ok7.jpg

One of the most asked questions is "How big is the map?"
Some fans have crunched up some numbers and have came to an estimate.
  • Each square on the map translates to roughly 1 square kilometer (0.4 square miles)
  • The E3 demo is in a section, The Great Plateau, that appears to be about 2 km by roughly 1.5 km.
  • Entire map appears to be roughly 360 square kilometers, or roughly 140 square miles.
(This makes the map just slightly smaller than the map of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Keep in mind these numbers are not exact, and can be changed in the future.)

In-Game Time-
1 Minute in Game is equivalent to 1 Second in real time.
Therefore, 1 minute in real life is equivalent to 1 hour in Game.
24 Minutes per in-game day.

dKk9r9i.jpg

(Based on the dialogue, I can infer that sitting down by a campfire, progresses time at a faster rate. The same can be said by sleeping if that is in the game which is definitely possible.)​
  • Sleeping in Breath of the Wild confirmed. You don't need to sleep to live however, it is just used to move time forward or wait for weather to pass.
  • L4cYTlX.jpg
Drastic Changes from the Zelda "Norm"
  • You no longer collect hearts from cutting grass, to retain health you must eat what you find in the Wild, such as mushrooms, apples, and steak.
  • You can now cook recipes for better health items that can also increase attack power, speed/stamina, add more hearts to your health bar, and much more.
  • You must now be cautious about the weather. For instance, rain can put out camp fires, and make terrain slippery. You must wear warm clothes or eat spicy foods to stay warm in cold areas. The same can be said for heated areas as well most likely.
  • You must use what you find in the Wild to your advantage, such as enemy weapons, food items, stray horses?
  • You can now climb! Climb basically anything!
  • You can now jump!
Other information:
  • The stamina gage is back.
  • There is no traveling companion, such as Navi, Fi, Midna, etc.
  • Aonuma said that there will be no difference between the WiiU and NX versions of this game.
  • There are over 100 mini-dungeons, in the form of Shrines. (There is a special prize if you collect all the Spirit Orbs, obtained by completing a Shrine.)
  • There is no "over-world theme music" playing constantly. It all depends on where you are in the map.
  • Link can have different hair styles! :0
  • Fire Rod confirmation. Now not permanent in your items.
New Features:
  • Flurry Rush:
  • Enemy A.I. increased. The player recounted the tale of when a few Bokoblin attacked Link, and the player realized that the enemies were not going to just mindlessly sit there or charge at Link when one of the Bokoblins, weaponless, picked up rocks and began attacking Link. In another encounter, the player witnessed a Bokoblin place the tip of his spear into a fire and then go on the assault with a flaming spear.

This seemingly thinking AI means that players will have to take caution when engaging in combat, since your enemies are capable of coming up with survival solutions on the go as well.
  • Slow motion mechanic for aiming in the air.
  • Your walking speed affects your noise levels which alows enemies to spot you from far away.
  • Intense horse riding battles will occur.
  • NPC will react to Link and not stay still. Such as if Link slashes them with a sword, walks into them, around them in circles, etc.
  • It is possible to skip the story and go straight to the final boss if the player wants to go that route. (Obviously not the best, but they allow you to.)
  • Koroks from Wind Waker confirmed for BotW. They serve only a side quest from what I could see.
  • Aonuma said that Link is right handed in this game because "The attack buttons are on the right side."
  • Raft has returned from the original Zelda1. Although, you cannot carry it with you.
  • Quicksand confirmed.
  • You can tame wild horses.
  • Voice Acting...confirmed?

Amiibo

The game is compatible with the following amiibo- (that we know of)
  • Wolf Link (Summons Wolf Link to join you in the world by attacking enemies and such. His life meter is the number of hearts you have saved on the Wolf Link Amiibo by doing the Cave of Shadows in Twilight Princess HD.)
    rwAFPHe.jpg
  • Archer Link
    PYhiImH.jpg
  • Guardian (you can move the arms :0 )
    ZqpBckX.jpg
  • Rider Link
    SbxTr7i.jpg

The Sheikah Slate

9TNkdcb.jpg

exwmozZ.jpg

Information: The Sheikah Slate is an item Link obtains as soon as he wakes up in the resurrection shrine. It bares a Sheikah Symbol on the front.

Functions: (that I could gather, that we know of,)

• Scan enemies for their health bar and power level.
    evRzVa1.jpg
  • Create pillars of light, with the colors/colours Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple.
    OLMgPDc.jpg
  • Add symbols on the map, such as a sword, shield, skull.
    Bzd5YpM.jpg

Powers: (That we again, know of)
  • Magnesis
    ZLYR4Oe.jpg
  • Cryonis
    QNQsI7L.jpg
  • Stasis
    yTwefnw.jpg
  • Remote Bomb (Spear one rolls, Cubic is stationary.)
    f9gyHKN.jpg
  • ???
  • Amiibo
    366BEeJ.jpg
Rupees:

“Rupees do exist,” Aonuma said, "but the reason for their existence is a little different this time around. As you saw it's not about going to cutting down grass and collect rupees or find them in treasure chests but it's about collecting things and going to sell them and then using the rupees you get to buy new things.”

New Videos:

!!Breath of the Wild will be released March 3rd!!

There is a ton of information so I know I missed some things, if you see something I missed, please tell me via P.M. or post. Thankies ^.^
Special Thanks to Zelda Informer, for keeping us up to date. :)

Updated: 1/27/17​

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamer4647, Mr. Kream, Toon_Lucas64 and 6 others
Woah this is really useful! Thank you :woot:

Reactions: Robyn
Wow, I like many of the new features, though the power names are a bit too... I dunno...

I don't really like the Flurry Rush thing :/

It seems to be taking a hint from many other game series, which is fine since all of them ripped off 3D Zelda in the first place (Looking atcha, Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, etc)

Overall, they changed a lot so far, I like the possibility of voice acting, and the survivalist theme (Link needing to use the environment to his advantage) is something I wouldn't like on any other Zelda game. But fine on this one, since it seems to fit the background and plot so far.

I'm fine with Link having different hairstyles as long as that's all that can be changed, no more customization for him except maybe clothes. No hair color change pls ;-; I want Link to remain as he is at core.

I like the new enemy AI, it's much more sophisticated than before.

As long as the game doesn't turn too RPGey, nor too much like The Elder Scrolls, I'm gud because it fits with the theme the game (individually) seems to be going for.

I am trying to place this game on the timeline and I think it is 1 a zelda one remake 2 after Skyward Sword 3 before wind waker. It could be zelda 1 3d because zelda one is the only zelda game where link has his items on his body (at least In the art) no other game has done this not even in the art only zelda 1. Plus developmers confirmed that they tried to recapture that exploration aspect of zelda one already.
2 after Skyward sword because the blue light from the towers and links arrows looks like Skyward swords time blocks.
3 before wind waker because the whole reason hyrule gets flooded is because the hero of time disappears so the goddess floods hyrule to stop Gannon. It's been confirmed links been sleeping for 100 years so maybe link wakes up but can't stop gannon and hyrule has to get flooded because he failed.

I am trying to place this game on the timeline and I think it is 1 a zelda one remake 2 after Skyward Sword 3 before wind waker. It could be zelda 1 3d because zelda one is the only zelda game where link has his items on his body (at least In the art) no other game has done this not even in the art only zelda 1. Plus developmers confirmed that they tried to recapture that exploration aspect of zelda one already.
2 after Skyward sword because the blue light from the towers and links arrows looks like Skyward swords time blocks.
3 before wind waker because the whole reason hyrule gets flooded is because the hero of time disappears so the goddess floods hyrule to stop Gannon. It's been confirmed links been sleeping for 100 years so maybe link wakes up but can't stop gannon and hyrule has to get flooded because he failed.
Nah, not a remake of Zelda I, it'll make no sense.

Cannot agree nor disagree with the 2nd, there is a bunch of proof for both sides, it could be after SS... Or in the distant past.

Most likely not related to the flood. As it's established no hero appeared.

Reactions: Toon_Lucas64
Nah, not a remake of Zelda I, it'll make no sense.

Cannot agree nor disagree with the 2nd, there is a bunch of proof for both sides, it could be after SS... Or in the distant past.

Most likely not related to the flood. As it's established no hero appeared.
I just can't think of anything other place one the timeline I'm so hyped

I always thought it was after wind waker or after spirit tracks because the koroks are the evolved Kokiri and they evolved only because of the flood.

Reactions: Mr. Kream, Toon_Lucas64 and Blue Knight
I always thought it was after wind waker or after spirit tracks because the koroks are the evolved Kokiri and they evolved only because of the flood.
That makes sense, maybe the Great Sea dried up in some other catastrophe?

Reactions: Toon_Lucas64
Could be good point

A fair point would be after wind waker because in wind waker Ganondorf was trying to revive Old Hyrule, correct? So a possibility is Ganondorf did just that with the Triforce and The King of Hyrule was too late and didn't make the wish to drown hyrule completely.

Furthermore, Breath of The Wild has a master sword. Spirit Tracks takes place in new hyrule and the sword does not exist there. Phantom Hourglass is a mirage and "other world" created for the Ocean King, the only reason Link and Tetra got there was because of the Ghost Ship, created by Bellum to drain life forces. So by all the above reasoning, there is a new timeline created where the king of hyrule failed to stop Ganondorf from making his wish on the triforce. Personally, this makes perfect sense to me. If it was apart of another timeline, the Korok would not be there. However! If Ganondorf made said wish, he would still be in BotW. But. If it has been 100 years from when the Calamity Ganon took place in BotW, I can only deduce that the "old man" simply is older Ganondorf and his evil/power became too great and took a new form, being the Ganon in BotW. Well...that's my theory anyway.

Also! "After the Korok Ceremony, many of the Korok will fly off to islands throughout the Great Sea and plant these Withered Trees to help spread the Great Deku Tree's Forest. However, without proper water, these trees quickly become withered and will need Forest Water in order to be nurtured back to health."
The Korok are wanting to create more forest for the great deku tree. Not sure if this side quest has anything to add with this wish for old hyrule, but it's a possibility.

It cannot go before Skyward Sword because the Master Sword was not created.

That actually makes a lot of sense, though not necessarily on a new timeline. Maybe just long after WW. The Master Sword could have gained rust in the possible millenia underwater.

That actually makes a lot of sense, though not necessarily on a new timeline. Maybe just long after WW. The Master Sword could have gained rust in the possible millenia underwater.
If it was long after wind waker, the world would still be flooded my dear.

If it was long after wind waker, the world would still be flooded my dear.
Millenia + Fantasy + Zelda + Magic = PROFIT.

Also, it's entirely possible for the new Deku Trees (spread by the Koroks) to have had a hand in lowering the water level, specially if a very, very long time went by. Let's... Ignore the physics for the moment xD

Millenia + Fantasy + Zelda + Magic = PROFIT.

Also, it's entirely possible for the new Deku Trees (spread by the Koroks) to have had a hand in lowering the water level, specially if a very, very long time went by. Let's... Ignore the physics for the moment xD
The master sword is impaled into Ganondorfs skull at the bottom of the ocean my dear.

The master sword is impaled into Ganondorfs skull at the bottom of the ocean my dear.
...Oh, right.

Well, darn it xD

Hopefully they won't make another timeline division though ;_;

Also
"The king wishes for what was left of Hyrule to be washed away to prevent Ganondorf from claiming it. He also wishes for Link and Princess Zelda to have a future. Ganondorf laughs and scoffs at the idea, telling Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule that he'll give them their future, and starts to duel Link, only to be defeated.

As Hyrule continues to be drowned by the sea, Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule apologizes that the inheritance left by their ancestors would be no more. He refuses Zelda's offer of finding a land to be the next Hyrule claiming that it would not be Hyrule, but it would be their land. As the water from the sea above comes crashing down, he watches as Link and Zelda raise to the surface while choosing to stay behind as he and his kingdom are washed away beneath the sea, with his final words being "I have scattered the seeds of the future." As Link is surrounded in a bubble and begins to float to the surface, he looks back down at the King of Hyrule and attempts to swim down and touch his hand. The King of Hyrule begins to raise his own hand to meet Link's, possibly implying a small desire to go with him; ultimately, he lets it fall to his side and disappears with the remains of Hyrule."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back