3DS Pedia - Is it time to "switch" the name?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Is it time to "switch" the name?

• Yeah, let's "switch" the name to reflect the NS console

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Leave as is. Long live 3DS.

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • I want the name to be Nintendo related, not a console.

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Pfft! 3DS and Switch. Let's go all in for Wii U, baby!

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Something else, leave reply.

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
@GamerGADED messaged me about this and I've decided to make a thread.

Leave your thoughts :3

Something else or Nintendo related. Since it's a site based on Nintendo games, having a Nintendo-based name or something would be good. Actually it seems like it's more of a diverse game site since I've seen the "Arcade" feature.

Last edited:
Reactions: spagooti
If we change it, keep it a pun.

Title: The "Switch"ed Name
Subtitle: We "Nintended" to keep that Name.

(Sorry that was terrible ;-; )

IMO we should keep this name, and maybe have an updated logo or something that shows it's switch related and some more changes if needed.

Reactions: SmashChamp, Marc and Pandaxclone2
I think it should be something Nintendo related, but not a console as then it'll always be relevant. So that when there's a new console that comes out after the switch and that generation dies off then we wont be back to where we are right now.

If it's just Nintendo related then it wont really ever need to be changed unless Pedia changes so much that the main topic of conversation on here is Nintendo related.

I believe even if the name changes people will still most likely just call this place Pedia :p

It would be cool to have a switch related name, but this site is about Nintendo, not just one console. I thought of "Nintendia" as a name, but then I also though it was lame. :D

EDIT: I also though of Swype (Switch Hype)

Last edited:
Personally, I wanted the name 3DS Pedia to stay as it is, because I think it already fits being Nintendo-themed in a way. However, if you wanted to switch regardless (pardon the 'lil punnage), at least it should be Nintendo related (Nintendopedia, anyone?)

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I guess I wouldn't be too sour if it was changed to "Switch Pedia" or "Nintendo Pedia" (Although people may mistake us for a wiki then), but regardless I feel it would be best to leave it as is. If I'm not mistaken, this is the name of the website since its inception, no? Looking at GBATemp (a gaming site which runs on the same forum engine as 3DS Pedia, Xenforo) they still use GBA despite the handheld having little to no relevance for over a decade now, so I don't see why we need to change to conform to "current Nintendo console" either.

Jot this down in your list of April Fools jokes for the site though. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Starry Windy
I voted for NS and this is what I think it should be called "Super Switch Pedia"
omg that sounds horrible when say it out loud, I am going to find a wall to bang my head on.

Reactions: 24460 and Pandaxclone2
I personally don't mind 3DS Pedia, it has a certain ring to it, that Switch Pedia, or Nintendo Pedia just doesn't match. I wouldn't go so far as to say I would object to having a name change, but I would like to keep it as is.
Besides, I don't want to have to change the bookmarks in my phone and computer.

Reactions: SmashChamp, Pandaxclone2 and Starry Windy
i don't wanna see 3ds pedia go:cry: Keep it the way it is

Keep the name, its nice.

I would say either keep the name or make it nintendo related. I agree with @Youngster Joey , 3DS Pedia does have a certain ring to it. If you really feel like we need a name change though, you should make it Nintendo related instead of a console. I wouldn't make the switch (Unlike everyone else, no pun intended) a name because were not really sure about it's life span yet. It could either be how the 3ds is (Considerably good) or the Wii U (Getting a little bad but still considerably good) and the wii u would only last for a year or 2 (Since the NS and Wii U are pretty much competing) Thus, we might as well keep the nice ring or keep it Nintendo-related.

Reactions: 24460
Hmm... I've been thinking, we could call it Player-coin Pedia, (actually, that sounds like PCP. }]) or DSPedia, (3DS is a mutation, the DS is the pure original.)

But in all fairness I like 3DSpedia as is. ^~^

I prefer it to stay the same,it's beautiful as 3DS pedia I know people say new is better then old,but OLD IS GOLD 3DS pedia has always been well 3DS pedia and I think and some others who actually love this place like I believe to not change it's valuable nameand memorable name.

Reactions: 24460 and Pandaxclone2
Something nintendo-related, but not named after a console (Not that I dislike the current donain name, but it will eventually lose a good amount of relevance due to the passing of time)

However, I also wouldn't mind the name being kept as 3dspedia, if that becomes the verdict.

Reactions: spagooti and Duster
Long live the 3D

I think 3DS pedia in itself is great. However, I can see why relevancy is now becoming an issue. So, as I have said on many forums a system never truly dies, so long as you don't let it. Therefore, I think a system as part of the website name is irrelevant. I do enjoy the flow of it though as relevancy does inevitably apply. So personally, I think any Nintendo related pun website name would be great as it is the relevancy and community feel behind it that is truly important. On that note, @Marc here is an idea host a contest. People submit new ideas for the website name. All the mods then get together and decide from there. From the community, for the community. Just suggesting ideas as I have no cool name ideas. Yet... huehuehue :3

Reactions: 24460
If matters come to worse Poyo Pedia is always a nice name :p

Reactions: 18, 423, Duster and 2 others
Poyo pedia FTW

In all honesty though, I would vote for the name to stay. I see the reason you would feel the need to change, but like the others said, 3DS Pedia has a nice ring to it.

Regardless, this is just my input, so feel free to do whatever :)

Reactions: Pandaxclone2, Starry Windy and 3905
If anyone to "switch" the name, they should go to switchafurom.whatever, if I signed up for 3ds pedia, I wanna a place for 3ds
Just because I don't have a PSone anymore, am I not allowed to like their games anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back