Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Never played before so I am starting fresh

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
With the new update you can restart you town, but with tons of money by selling your old town/items etc. Will you continue with your old town or will you restart with a ton of money?

I'm not really concerned about the money, it's more the time I spent to place my paths? ;__; Not sure I want to start this over!

Reactions: WarEmerald and 3dsatackman
I'm not really concerned about the money, it's more the time I spent to place my paths? ;__; Not sure I want to start this over!
Same here, I think I am going to keep my old town for the work of it and then buy another copy (Nintendo selects this time) to start new :).

I also hope that this update means that AC:NL will not be discontinued for quite some time, and that an Switch version will still come out

Last edited:
I not sure if Im gonna restart my town. I don't really want the bells because you can get so much more by selling perfect fruit at another town who doesn't have that fruit. I know you can get millions of bells depending on your catalog. It is really nice if you have a good town but want money. On top of that you have to be able to sit on your town tree before getting the bells in order for tom nook appears.

I'm just thinking on getting the retail version of welcome amiibo and start fresh that way and trade in the old version for voucher at cex.

I don't play Animal Crossing very often, but even with this update, I think I'd still keep what I already have. I've already invested a fair amount of time into it, it'd be wrong for me to just drop all of it when I decide to get back into it.

I will keep my old town. I have a ton of bells already, and I don't nesscicairly like to start over on games.. especially combat games :p when everyone is better than you lols

I don't think restarting your town is a good idea. If you restart your town you lose all house upgrades. You lose villagers, fossil collection, and you lose your store upgrades. Such as T.I.Y. You can lose some of your public works projects. Word of advice if you are selling your town for bells make sure Tom Nook appearce if you don't then you get no money.

I'm pretty sure I own more Bells than my Furniture lel.

Still, I have a lot of Pathways, DLC/Other online items, and just hard to get furniture and items in general. Not to mention how much time I have spent on (almost) completing my museum stuff. Also, I've made a lot of cool designs which I don't wanna get rid of.

So, I won't do it, at least, not yet.

I don't think I could restart my game, even if I made a billion bells off selling it. The only reason why I ever restarted in the past was that I hadn't played in months and didn't want to face my neglected village. I even cried restarting it. The feels run deep, man

I would never reset my town. Animal Crossing is meant to exist in duality with your real life. If you get bored of your real life you don't just reset your life and start over. It's the same concept as resetting. You don't get second chances in life. I personally believe everything in Animal Crossing should be left as permanent.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
I've had to re-start my virtual life more than once thanks to my sisters' compulsions to keep resetting the town. >.>
They're the ones that own copies of the game, not me, so I couldn't do much about it. ;w;

Resetti is turning over in his broken-down Reset studio. >w<

Never!

I spent too much time collecting Bells, upgrading my house and collecting items to decorate my house. If I reset, I doubt I'll spend all that time playing again just to get everything again.

Never!

I spent too much time collecting Bells, upgrading my house and collecting items to decorate my house. If I reset, I doubt I'll spend all that time playing again just to get everything again.

^^ This.
It really isn't a venture worth going through more than once.

In my opinion, it is better to keep your old town than destroy it and get a bunch of money. While it is not as economically feasible as it seems, the money is just not worth as much to me as the way I've currently designed my town. Aside from that, I have lots of memories of my town that are worth even more than the town itself! So, yeah, I'm keeping it the way it is...

Back