What Are Your Top Ten Favorite Competitive Pokémon Across All Gens?

• Thread starter Kimopoleis
  • Start date
Kimopoleis

Kimopoleis

Concept Artist, Illustrator, RPG Fan
Towns Folk
I've currently been working on my competitive team and I'm curious about your favorite competitive Pokémon! I listed mine below; Most of these I used in every gen if I could with varying builds.

1. Alola Raichu
2. Alola Ninetales
3. Ampharos
4. Charizard
5. Gallade
6. Gardevoir
7. Gyarados
8. Metagross
9. Ninetales
10. Sylveon

Idk about a top ten, but I prob like playing Dragonite, Umbreon, Blaziken, Mega Lu, and Rayquaza the most. Hydreigon's pretty fun, too.

1. Garchomp
Great base stats, great movepool, great typing and surprisingly high bulk. Only being held back by the fact that it doesn't get dragon dance, this landshark dragon is one of my alltime favourite Pokémon. It was very strong in gen 4, being constantly put in and out of Ubers until gen 6 where it found it's rightful place in the OU.

2. Magearna
There are so many sets for magearna to effectively run and this is still relatively early in the Meta. She has one of the best abilities in the game that guarantees a special attack boost whenever an enemy pokemon dies. In addition, with Z crystals being introduced it can nuke one pokemon, and use that soul-heart momentum to start a sweep. Slap on an assault vest or choice specs and go to town.

3. Scizor (Mega)
Right now, the most common mega pokémon in the meta is none other than Mega Metagross. And scizor can set up on a metagross any day. I'm also admittedly very biased here as scizor is probably my first favourite Pokémon.

4. Scolipede
Not a very popular choice especially because of the baton pass clause, but I find that it works even without passing a swords dance. Especially with all the ultra beasts present that can take advantage of their beast boosts, giving them a little speed can throw the entire game in your favor (given the enemy has no way to stop that specific ultra beast.)
Scolipede was also my main Pokémon through gen 5 as my starter, serperior had a horrible level-up movepool. Don't even get me started on that.

5. Manaphy
Bulky, best setup move in the game and hydration is a godsend. Pair this little monster with scolipede and you can set up freely behind a passed substitute.
Even without setup, hydration making it immune to status makes this a great Pokémon to have, especially against stallier teams. Z rain dance causes rain and gives it an increased speed so it can work without a baton pass too. And rest is now technically a one turn move if you use it during the rain.

6. Salamence
It was interesting to see this beast fall from ubers to BL, and somehow find its place back in the OU this gen. Salamence is one of my trump cards, as only one dragon dance can let it tear through teams.

7. Chansey
Everyone knows what chansey does.

8. Tapu Fini
Currently the best defog user around, and can punish pokemon for attempting to set up hazards or stat boosts by cutting their hp bar in half. Her ability also really helps against stallier teams, and with taunt she becomes a perfect stallbreaker.

9. Zapdos
My defog user of choice usually, as fini's lack of recovery really pressures her. It's coverage allows it to devastate pokemon like Bisharp who would switch in to take a defiant boost from my defog as well as ferrothorn who would cheekily set up hazards as soon as i defog. Hidden power ice, though a weird choice is actually very helpful against landorus therian, garchomp, dragonite and salamence.

10. Pheromosa
This space cockroach will tear through teams. One of the best glass cannons in the game.

Reactions: Mr. Kream and Kimopoleis
Back