Show Off Tiny Art Gallery

• Thread starter PersonSP
  • Start date
PersonSP

PersonSP

Writing- 'n-Drawing-aholic
Towns Folk
Welcome to my gallery!
I had one before with mixed art, mostly digital stuff. The problem is that I used renders for those, so it didn't really feel like 'me'. I opened this new one specifically for the non-digital stuff. Everything is placed in chronological order. (Or sort of.) Any feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!
So this one is called Human!. Usually I don't give my work a title, but this one had a specific purpose.I won't bother you with a long detailed explanation. Just have a look. ;) I made it in early 2016.

photo_2016-10-28_22-31-52.jpg
After the initial study sketches I started one the real thing. I first did the outline, then some shading to get a feel for the depth. For this layer I used pencils and graphite powder with a fine tipped brush.

photo_2016-10-28_22-32-16.jpg
Next up was colouring and outlining. The outlining was done with a fineliner.In this stage most colours are done with watercolour. I mixed in some coloured pencils for the flowers and a tiny bit of acrylic for the hands. As you can see the colouring isn't opaque, so you can still see the pencil layer below.

IMG_0065.JPG
The final result. The picture's a bit dark. (If anyone asks for it I'll take a better one.) I did the background with black acrylic, and some of the brighter colours too. I also did a tiny bit of yellow over the skull, to make it look more like bone.

Stuff from my sketchbook. These drawings were made between the end of 2015 and the start of 2017. Since there's loads of it I've only put in the thumbnails. Click on them to see the full image!

IMG_0037.JPG
One of my first attempts on a creepier type of mermaid. Done in under an hour with a ballpoint.

IMG_0050.JPG
Guess who got bored in Biology class? Done in ballpoint.

IMG_0088.JPG
Terrible picture I know, had to do some digital retouching to get it visible. I was working on a story about reapers, this is a side character. Done in ballpoint, coloured version below.

IMG_0255.JPG
Coloured with grey pencil and some brush tip markers.

IMG_0260.JPG
Dragonspawn. Done with a ballpoint, basic sketch in under an hour, details took forever.

IMG_0262.JPG
A Chinese Koi, in non-tradional colours. Colouring is done entirely with pencils, I used a fineliner for the outline.

IMG_0264.JPG
Imp maiden. First sketch done with pencil then traced over with fineliner. The pencil is still visible for effect.

CONTINUES IN NEXT POST

Last edited:
Reactions: Mizunil, MindzEye, spagooti and 3 others
IMG_0265.JPG
Untitled lady. First sketched with waterproof marker, then used watercolour for the colouring. Final touches with fineliner.

IMG_0266.JPG
Faun King. I wanted to practice more with male faces and old age.

IMG_0267.JPG
Venetian skull mask. I got bored on the plane back from Venice so I doodled away with a black marker and a fineliner. After about an hour this was the result. Summer 2016.

IMG_0268.JPG
Aurora. A friend of mine had this elaborately carved clock. The lady was part of it. I partially copied it, but the veil, the back part of the dress and the colouring are my own design.

IMG_0269.jpg

Done on my trip to Berlin. The text says 'Fly fly away'. Mostly doodles in fineliner.

photo_2016-10-28_22-33-13.jpg
url]

IMG_0259.jpg

Valkyrie. Done with just about anything you can draw with.

IMG_0985.JPG IMG_0986.JPG IMG_0987.JPG IMG_0990.JPG
Poison. Done with brush tip markers. I just love the lucid colours those give. January 2017.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    837.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: Livada
Done in December 2016 with brush tip markers only. (Well...and a tiny touch of fineliner for the...fine lines.)
IMG_0724.JPG IMG_0722.JPG
After the initial sketch this was my colourtester.

IMG_0723.JPG
Second sketch. This time no fooling around.

From first sketch to final result. December 2016.
IMG_0726.JPG IMG_0729.JPG
Done with fineliner and brush tips.

IMG_0385.JPG IMG_0720.JPG
After drawing a mask I decided to make one. Paper marché, self drying clay and acrylic paint.

IMG_0718.JPG
Origami butterflies. This is what I do with scrap paper.

IMG_0719.JPG
Paperthin. Made entirely of sudoku's and tape.

Reactions: Marc, MindzEye and Livada
I have nothing to say, these are amazing :eek:

Reactions: PersonSP
Thanks. :D

I'm still working on males and dynamic poses though, so if you have a suggestion for a next project go ahead. ;)

Good work. Not my preference but still good.

Thanks! :3

If i may ask, what is your preference? I try to practice (and hopefully master) as many art styles as possible.

Y'know, I was wondering what that AVI woman was each time I look at it. ^~^
Say, are you thinking at all about drawing the rest of her sometime? This woman is quite a creepy treat. (And if you couldn't tell, creepy is good when it comes to me. }])

Thanks! :3

If i may ask, what is your preference? I try to practice (and hopefully master) as many art styles as possible.
One swift look at what I draw will tell you my preference quite well xD

Yes, I like anime style. I literally grow up with it.

Y'know, I was wondering what that AVI woman was each time I look at it. ^~^
Say, are you thinking at all about drawing the rest of her sometime? This woman is quite a creepy treat. (And if you couldn't tell, creepy is good when it comes to me. }])
Hey! Thanks. Maybe, I don't know. The reason this works out well is because I worked on quite a large scale. Just the head took one A4. If i were to even add as much as a torso on this scale I'd need A3. I could of course scale down, but I'd lose details then.

One swift look at what I draw will tell you my preference quite well xD

Yes, I like anime style. I literally grow up with it.
Ah. It's been ages since I tried that. All I remember is crazy hairstyles and overexpressed eyes. :p So without further ado...
Jelly fish girl! :D
photo_2017-02-22_12-09-14.jpg
This is a 5 minute sketch. Stop laughing.

Reactions: Mizunil and MindzEye
Hey! Thanks. Maybe, I don't know. The reason this works out well is because I worked on quite a large scale. Just the head took one A4. If i were to even add as much as a torso on this scale I'd need A3. I could of course scale down, but I'd lose details then.

Ah. It's been ages since I tried that. All I remember is crazy hairstyles and overexpressed eyes. :p So without further ado...
Jelly fish girl! :D
View attachment 16380
This is a 5 minute sketch. Stop laughing.
Not all the hairs are crazy tho lol
It's up to the artist's style, really.

and since a jellyfish came up, here, have a squid

172096.png

She has crazy hair though. xD

Hey!
Challenge to all the artsy people around, as well as all those that can't draw even if their life depended on it! Draw an owl.

strong-owl-eye.jpg

I am trying to draw a realistic (blind) owl. Owl eyes work fine, I've got the beak mastered and the general shape of an owl too. Skull is passable. Facial feathers however, not so much. My owls look like fat pigeon chicks. I have stared so much a owl pictures and my own drawings that I'm getting an owl handicap. This is where you come in!
I need to see:

a) The general shape of an owl. How other people draw an owl tells me a lot about what features are most important. Especially if you're not that great at drawing (yet). People always draw the most important parts in the most obvious way.
b) The way you'd arrange the facial feathers. This, to me, is the hardest part. Drawing plumage requires complicated patterns. This challenge is for skilled drawers.

What's in it for you? Practice! And 2 pc per drawing. As long as you put some effort in it, that is. I'm not asking for a masterpiece, but it'd be super helpful if you tried your best. ;)

Last edited:
I shall in due time, my friend. 040

I can't do anything detailed even if my life depends on it

I can't do anything detailed even if my life depends on it
That's fine. Draw an owl in your own style, stylised versions still help a lot.

Quick (~1 hour) study sketch of a forest nymph I did today.
IMG_0347.JPG
Not totally happy yet, though not unsatisfied. I was going for something a bit more wild and fierce. Of course changing her expression will help, but I figured maybe she could use some warpaint. And I'm going to put a bit more structure in her horns next time. Done entirely with a grey 2B pencil and an eraser.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
Yeah, it looks pretty innocent but that's alright. The horns seem good to me, I see no fault. Some paint would be a plus, so I look forward to seeing the finished product! You did well considering you only used a pencil. The shading is nicely done. :thumbsup:

Back