Need help deleteing something from my computer, Chromebook.

• Thread starter JuicyFlare
  • Start date
JuicyFlare

JuicyFlare

Pedia's #1 most annoying troll and stalker
Towns Folk
Earlier this year, my school gave me and all the other students a CHROMEBOOK. My problem, however, is that they put a blocking system on it, where it blocks certain websites. This is really inconvenient for me, because half the stuff I need is blocked. When the I confronted the school administrator, he said that he can't help me. When I went to the extensions to try to delete the application, it was greyd -out, and said it was 'installed by enterprise policy', so I could not delete it.

Is there a way to delete this without the adminastrators knowing? Do I have to do a powerwash to get this off, or is there another way?

The model is a Acer C72OP Chromebook.

EDIT** a powerwash does not work... they have it set to only erase the local memory on the computer, such as files, downloaded pictures, etc.

Last edited:
They did the same thing at my school, all the grade 9's got chromebooks and thank god I am grade 12 and don't have to deal that. However, from what I've learned there are two ways to bypass the school's block system. 1) If it's a keyword block translate URL to a different language or if that doesn't work something else I learned is that if you can figure out how to on a chromebook open a proxy serer in google translate and then go nuts. However, as far as removing said blocking entirely, I believe you may have to powerwash to remove the block configurations entirely.

Hope that helped!!

Is it possible to make a new account for your Chromebook where the parental control software is not pre-installed on the Chromebook?

I think your Chromebook maybe set to only allow administrator like your teacher or tech workers from removing blocking software.

Your best option is to use a VPN or Proxy add-on or proxy website to browse the web to hide what sites you are visiting if you can't remove the parental control software.

I cannot get a vpn...

Could you use the remote desktop app/add-on to login to your computer at home to browse the web on your Chromebook when you remotely login to Chrome with the remote desktop app?

If proxies, and VPNs are blocked, using Remote desktop maybe an option to browse the web by remotely logging into your home PC which does not have a blocker installed on it.

I am unable to download chrome extensions on the chrome book

Using proxy websites which are not blocked by the parental control software maybe your only option if installing apps, extensions, and other stuff is blocked on your Chromebook.

Back