3DS Pedia - Is it time to "switch" the name?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Is it time to "switch" the name?

• Yeah, let's "switch" the name to reflect the NS console

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Leave as is. Long live 3DS.

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • I want the name to be Nintendo related, not a console.

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Pfft! 3DS and Switch. Let's go all in for Wii U, baby!

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Something else, leave reply.

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like it to be more Nintendo related instead of focused on a single console. It would avoid having to think about that each time a new console get out.

Nintendia?
NintenTown?

3dspedia has been 3dspedia since the day I joined it would be a shame to change it just because of a new system >-< leave it as is. LONG LIVE 3DSPEDIA

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I want the name to be Nintendo related, not a console. I think that this will bring in more users.

Also I think that the name 3dspedia should still be around not completely taken away.

As much as '3DS Pedia' has a ring to it, the name needs to change to a general Nintendo one if we don't want to sound dated.

Reactions: 2205
Amongst all the chaos, I can at least chuckle at the Wii U's appalling 0 votes in this poll. :giggle:

well.... for all those who want a Nintendo related name, here comes a thought:
Here we are for the 3DS, I did not liked the Wii, not... at... all... I came here for 3DS, because I liked the 3DS more than the WiiU and IF however I liked the WiiU more than the 3DS, I would go to http://wiiuforums.com/ instead, and I hardly thing I'll get a Switch, but IF I happened to get one, I wouldn't want to go for a 3DS forum for it,
also: a lot of movie produces in 2010s tried to make movies based on what was trending at the time, and by the time those movies came out, that kind of movie was already out of fashion, so they got pretty ugly low ratings
So to sum it up, I want a place for 3DS, and IF I wanted one for Switch, I'd find another one, that wasn't trying so desperatedly to be in top trend that risk ruining itself down

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Name it "Trash Can"

well.... for all those who want a Nintendo related name, here comes a thought:
Here we are for the 3DS, I did not liked the Wii, not... at... all... I came here for 3DS, because I liked the 3DS more than the WiiU and IF however I liked the WiiU more than the 3DS, I would go to http://wiiuforums.com/ instead, and I hardly thing I'll get a Switch, but IF I happened to get one, I wouldn't want to go for a 3DS forum for it,
also: a lot of movie produces in 2010s tried to make movies based on what was trending at the time, and by the time those movies came out, that kind of movie was already out of fashion, so they got pretty ugly low ratings
So to sum it up, I want a place for 3DS, and IF I wanted one for Switch, I'd find another one, that wasn't trying so desperatedly to be in top trend that risk ruining itself down
Name aside, you're basically saying stay a 3DS site (even when we're more of a Nintendo forum with a higher emphasis on 3DS) until we die down as a 3DS site and for everyone to switch when they're ready to move onto something else?

Name aside, you're basically saying stay a 3DS site (even when we're more of a Nintendo forum with a higher emphasis on 3DS) until we die down as a 3DS site and for everyone to switch when they're ready to move onto something else?

We are keeping ourselves relevant through new Nintendo product sections, aren't we? Besides, a lot of the community knows we keep ourselves relevant in spite of our name.

We are keeping ourselves relevant through new Nintendo product sections, aren't we? Besides, a lot of the community knows we keep ourselves relevant in spite of our name.
That's not the case for what I'm replying to.

@wyll001 is basically saying we're a Nintendo 3DS forum, we should stick to 3DS content instead of expanding and that people should go to other sites if they want to play/talk Wii U or Switch games unless I'm mistaken.

Reactions: wyll001 and Pandaxclone2
It isn't just about the pre-existing community. A potential new member will be far less likely to sign up for a site named after a previous-generation console than a Switch-focused or general Nintendo site. I think the latter is best because we won't have to do it again once the Switch dies.

It isn't just about the pre-existing community. A potential new member will be far less likely to sign up for a site named after a previous-generation console than a Switch-focused or general Nintendo site. I think the latter is best because we won't have to do it again once the Switch dies.

Q0mkwn8.png

If they ever came across us in a search they would know we're not simply for 3DS discussions.

Reactions: Starry Windy
If they ever came across us in a search they would know we're not simply for 3DS discussions.
I think @Spinnerweb was focusing more on people who hear the name "3DS Pedia" btw. Not necessarily search results where they see "Wii U" or "Nintendo Switch" from searching.

For example, Ashlee Simpson could be telling Scarlett Johansson about "3DS Pedia" and somehow Kim Kardashian overheard their conversation and thought "3DS Pedia" is only/mostly about the Nintendo 3DS due to the name. With Kim Kardashian's mindset, she might pass up on checking out 3DS Pedia because she only has a Wii U or the Switch, without even asking for details. Orrr she could think there is another site that better fits Wii U and Switch owners.

We're talking about people who don't know about Pedia and have never used the forum before. That's the point I think Spinner was trying to make but he can confirm otherwise.

Reactions: 18 and Pandaxclone2
Will the url be changed if the site name is changed? Just wondering (this might be a stupid question :/ )

Will the url be changed if the site name is changed? Just wondering (this might be a stupid question :/ )
Depends on how you look at it. I call the place "Pedia" even though the URL is 3dspedia.com and forum.3dspedia.com.

Would 3dspedia redirect to the new name? Might be good to know =3

Reactions: 18
Would 3dspedia redirect to the new name? Might be good to know =3
If we change, of course lol. Otherwise it'd badly damage search engine rankings etc.

Reactions: 2205
Let's put it like this:
http://playstationcollecting.com/forum/
that's a old school game trading forum, and even the PSone sections is relatively active, they still want there games and complete the collections they couldn't at the time, what if they stop the PSX trading communities in there because of the PlayStation® NEO comes out? I still want to have the 4 discs of Final Fantasy IX, but I don't want a new console for that.
I don't need or even want a Switch, but if you change the site, then I could no longer come to 3DS Pedia for my 2DS affairs, alternatively, IF I buy a Switch, I not in any obligation to stop liking my 2DS nor should I sell it or stock it away and stop playing for good.
So yeah, Long Live Squirrels!!! ah and 3ds too

Let's put it like this:
http://playstationcollecting.com/forum/
that's a old school game trading forum, and even the PSone sections is relatively active, they still want there games and complete the collections they couldn't at the time, what if they stop the PSX trading communities in there because of the PlayStation® NEO comes out? I still want to have the 4 discs of Final Fantasy IX, but I don't want a new console for that.
I don't need or even want a Switch, but if you change the site, then I could no longer come to 3DS Pedia for my 2DS affairs, alternatively, IF I buy a Switch, I not in any obligation to stop liking my 2DS nor should I sell it or stock it away and stop playing for good.
So yeah, Long Live Squirrels!!! ah and 3ds too
This thread's purpose is only for a name change >.<)/ It isn't to change the focus of the site to Switch and stop 3DS/Wii U activities.

This thread's purpose is only for a name change >.<)/ It isn't to change the focus of the site to Switch and stop 3DS/Wii U activities.
that's not what you're implying....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back