Do you decorate your Nintendo consoles?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
No i have not decorated my nintend 3ds and i am not planing to do that so.
I believe decorating my nintedo will be waste of my time and I like my cosmo blue 3ds xl how it is 'simple' i do take care of my 3ds though been almost 2 years and it is still shiny with no scratch on it .

Normally, no. This is because I'm more of a internal customiser. Themes and badges and such. Combined with the fact that I have the special case/protector on it I don't have to it's already Mario theme. Besides, the only reason I don't is because I once took my DS to my stepmoms in which her twin daughters felt it appropriate to "decorate" my DS for me and coated the entire bright red front in black paint. Then once I caught them they used a paint scraper to try and remove it. :cry::dead: To this day it still functions, somehow and I won't decorate them now. Not worth the risk when I could buy a protective case, I guess. Sorry about the long comment just that story came to mind.

I really want some stickers on my Wii u but ill have to wait on getting sticker paper to print out some >.>

I don't like to decorate ANY of my consoles really.

I broke a lot of things when I was younger, either stepping on them, or at random while I was playing, and I feel like just one little thing I do can lead to destruction XD

I once made a yellow case with a pikachu face on it just so I could carry it in my school bag without getting pencil shavings and stuff in all the holes but it has seen better days so I usually just keep it in my pocket when I go somewhere.

Reactions: sanwich
image.jpg image.jpeg Yes it's mario theme :)
On the front it has a huge red mushroom (toad). In the inside it's mario stickers.

I have done in the past with stickers but it's not something I do anymore. I have had the thought of painting/sealing my New 3DS XL but the casing on them aren't suited to paint on. (It's the metallic blue. I'd love to paint Lapis Lazuli on it.) I do enjoy watching those custom Gameboy painters make some awesome cases.

Um no , ew.

I hate putting stickers on consoles , especially if they have a glossy design (*3DS*) . I put some on my Wii U and i regret doing that :dead:

Well, for the most part, I tend to just buy the black version of each nintendo console (or silver for the gamecube). The Switch, however, seems much more apt for customization with the joy cons and whatnot. Even Nintendo seems to be getting on board with the idea lately.

Reactions: randysilverwolf
Got a Switch and looking to customize it a bit. Definitely wanna swap out to clear joycon shells and have some kinda decals on the front and back. So far Im probably gonna go with simple Pokemon theme (excuse the poor photoshop job plx).

Have you guys customized your Switch (or 3DS etc.) and gotten some great looking consoles? Please share Id love to see what you guys have!

Attachments

• yvel-xern-switch-clear.png
    yvel-xern-switch-clear.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Marc
I did have a Piplup sticker on my DS Lite but that's it. I later scraped it off. I think playing the games is better than looking at the console and such but it does make a good conversation piece. I think the 3DS themes are nicer to look at instead of designing the console and cheaper too. We kinda lucked out because the Switch doesn't have that on the menu screen so I guess Nintendo is trying to make up for it with Joy con covers and stuff like that.

Reactions: randysilverwolf
I did have a Piplup sticker on my DS Lite but that's it. I later scraped it off. I think playing the games is better than looking at the console and such but it does make a good conversation piece. I think the 3DS themes are nicer to look at instead of designing the console and cheaper too. We kinda lucked out because the Switch doesn't have that on the menu screen so I guess Nintendo is trying to make up for it with Joy con covers and stuff like that.
I totally get you, my fiance says the same for the most part, after all it is a game console 1st and foremost. Admittedly Im a big hobbyist and I love tinkering with my devices, customizing them and seeing what they can do and how I can make them unique, so I love seeing how others have customized their stuff, both to see what everyone is capable of and getting some inspiration/ideas.

When I was a kid, I carved my name into my GBA SP. It looked like a very noticeable scratch that fortunately didn't break my console. Nowadays I only ever use keychains and wrist straps on my handhelds, not really a sticker person tbh.

I gotta say that Sylveon 3ds looks nice. But I don't personally decorate my consoles with stickers, I usually buy a console I'm interested in, and then upgrade it to a collector's edition or limited edition with a design I like, if I like that console.

Nah, I hardly ever do stuff like that. I like to have my console exactly the way it was intended to be, and that’s the original design. I feel like stickers and other nonsense just ruins the good looks of the console. For one, it’s almost impossible to take them off once you apply them, so if you don’t like them later, too bad, you’ve gotta put up with it.

That’s just my two cents on the matter. I just don’t really like ‘em that much, never have. I did it once on my old DS Lite, and it was a terrible desicion. I didn’t do it again after that. :redpanda:

I haven't decorated any of my consoles yet, I might get a skin for something soon though.

The only nintendo console I've decorated was the original DS. I had a Harvest Moon based faceplate for it. I never really thought to decorate them otherwise... Maybe I should find some stickers for my Wii~

Nah. Personally, decorating a Nintendo console is like putting way too much icing on a perfectly good cake. Nintendo consoles, in general, look fine without any decoration and, in my opinion, it is insulting to decorate your Nintendo system (it's also insulting to slather a cake with too much icing).

unless the decoration its a suprise gift or it comes with a game,no not interested in that
and, in my opinion, it is insulting to decorate your Nintendo system
that sound very ridicoulous ¿why it would be a insult to decorate a console?

I definitely don't. I generally don't care about that kind of thing, and am usually alright with how the console looks.

Back